Ma deline R u ballo
New York, NY 10039
OBJECTIVE To obtain an administrative position in a medical environment where experience can be utilized. EDUCATION
Certified in Medical Billing: Bronx Community College, Bronx New York continuing Certified Medical Office Assistant: American Business Institute, New York Diploma: John Jay High school, Brooklyn New York
SKILLS: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), EMR: Eagle, NexGen, E-Clinical, Athena Health, NexTech Fluent in Spanish, Medical billing and authorization EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
SUNY Downstate Medical center – University Physician of Brooklyn 01/21/15 – 2/10/18 Medical Secretary-Dept. Of Surgery
● Registered all patients
● Collected patient payments
● Responsible for obtaining all patient authorizations and referrals
● Submitted electronic claims
● Scheduled all patient appointments
● Managed office petty cash
● Booked all surgeries for the OR
● Obtained medical clearance for patients
● Extensive telephone contact
● Responsible for scanning and faxes
● Followed up on all surgical unpaid claims
● Verified patients insurance
Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, NY 1/2014 – 11/2014 Front Desk Secretary (Ophthalmology Dept.)
● Book all surgeries in the Operating Room.
● Registered all new patients.
● Verified patient’s medical insurance.
● Collect Co-Payments and payments as needed.
● Managed patient’s medical records.
● Office support (Filing, Scanning, Copying, Responsible for a Multi-line Phone).
● Obtained all precertification for procedures done as an office visit.\
● Made sure that all surgical patients were cleared for surgery by the Primary Health Provider.
● Obtaining all patient demographics.
● Scheduling and rescheduling all patient appointments.
● Obtain appointments for all referrals.
● Submit electronic claims.
● Manage patient follow ups.
● Call patients and confirm appointment.
Manhattan Physicians Group, New York, NY 5/2013 – 12/2013 Patient Service Representative (Temporary Assignment)
● Register and check in patients
● Schedule appointments
● Follow up with referrals
● Collect payments and batch accounts daily
● Extensive phone contacts
● Arrange patient referrals
● Mail documents and telephone calls
● Verify all insurances
Eschen Prosthetics & Orthotics, New York, NY 6/2012-12/2012 Medical Receptionist (Temporary Assignment)
● Greet clients
● Prepare medical charts
● Maintain all office medical records
● Extensive telephone contact
● Register and prepare all walk in patients
● Verify all patient insurance
Urban Health Plan (Temp), Bronx, NY 12/2011 – 4/2012 Credentialing Associate (Temporary Assignment)
● Scanned and upload all credentialing records for physicians.
● Handled personal and confidential credentials.
● Created folder with all credentials for physicians and nurses.
● Handled physician credentials under strict HIPPA laws.
● Assisted in hiring of Medical Doctors, Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses on a National Data Base.
NR Medical, New York, NY 1/2011 – 8/2011
● Managed promotions department
● Greeted visitors
● Screened patients for Hypertension
● Extensive customer service skills
United Bronx Parents, Inc., Bronx, NY 8/2003 – 7/2010 Receptionist
● Managed agency’s reception area, ensuring all visitors are treated in a courteous and professional manner.
● Greeted visitors, and direct visitors to appropriate departments.
● Use multi-line telephone system, route calls, responded to inquiries from the public, provided information about the agency,
● Responsible for scanning and faxes.
Health Management Center, Brooklyn, NY 2/2001 – 8/2003 Medical Billing Clerk
● Improved patient information system to ensure proper assemble of patients’ health information charts.
● Ensured that all forms were completed and properly identified and signed, and that all necessary information was input into the computer.
● Regularly communicated with physicians and other healthcare professionals to clarity diagnoses or to obtain additional information.
● Assigned codes to each diagnosis and procedure, consulted classification manuals and also rely on knowledge of disease processes.
● Uses computer software to assign the patient to one of several hundred “diagnosis related groups, to ensure amount for which the agency would be reimbursed.
Brooklyn Hospital, Brooklyn, NY 1987 - 2001
● Private Secretary to the Director of Nursing Resources.
● Managed multi-line telephone system, screened calls, prepared messages, and transferred calls.
● Maintained appointments, prepared department memos took minutes during staff meetings, wrote correspondence, verified the employment status of staff, and served as hospital representative at job fairs.