Anaheim, CA *****
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Leveraging people and technology to increase revenue, productivity, and profitability PROFILE
Highly experienced Professional with strong Project Management skills and over 15 years of experience, with a record of developing and supporting successful high ROI IS / IT projects and solutions incorporating a wide range of applications and technologies. Consistently recognized and tasked to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency through leadership that aligns the business processes and IT infrastructure to realize cost savings and accelerate performance. Extensive and diverse experience in the planning, budgeting, building and management of organizations and projects in rapidly changing and dynamic environments. A record of accomplishment in planning, developing and managing large projects, reducing costs and improving profits by continually consolidating services and improving performance with the use of strong communications and analytical skills. Thorough knowledge of full systems life-cycle development, as well as extensive experience leading Integrated Product Development Teams.
• A builder of high performance teams and a natural Team Leader, Mentor, and Motivator who thrives in environments requiring a high level strategist and a big picture thinker. Proven Project Management skills utilized in driving profitable and cost effective collaboration between critical business functions
• Talented, results-driven and versatile leader, with a record of success in implementations requiring an in-depth knowledge and solid experience working with complex cross-platform systems, network architecture, installation, implementation, integration, and administration in local and remote environments CAREER SUMMARY
• Successful background leading integrated project teams in the management of complex full System Development Life Cycle implementation and support projects
• Interface with key stakeholders to define project charter, project scope, statement of work as well as project execution and control
• Adept at developing and reporting project status and providing financial status reports including earned value management to project teams and executive leadership
• Develop and implement organizational processes and procedures utilized to support project development and reporting
• Experienced managing both internal and external resources.
• Extremely successful communicating with all levels in the organization from line personnel to C-Level Executives CORE COMPETENCIES
• Project Management
• Integrated Project Team Leadership
• Team Development
• Change Management
• Process Improvement
• Time Management
• Performance Optimization
• Infrastructure Development
• Client Collaboration
• Client Relationship Management
• Offshore Resource Management
• Software Development Life Cycle
• Global Delivery
• Risk Assessment and Mitigation
• Hardware Implementation
• Software Implementation
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Microsoft Project
• Microsoft SharePoint
L. A. Care Los Angeles, California June 2018 – Present Project Manager
• Under the direction of the Director, Portfolio Management Office (PMO), the Project Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned projects that are generally complex and medium to large in scope. The position is responsible for managing all aspects of project management including project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling and closing phases and management of project scope, time, costs, risks and quality efforts. In this capacity, the Project Manager develops, manages, and maintains the project plan, schedule, resources, and project artifacts; supports centralized document repository; identifies and tracks risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies; provides timely status reports and proactively escalates issues for resolution; performs project reviews and drives continued progress for project success.
• Integral to the success of this position is positive interaction with business owners and unit staff, management, third party contractors/vendors, cross-functional project team members and other department resources to ensure effective management and momentum of PMO projects, as well as organizational strategic initiatives.
• Ensures executive summaries are submitted to the Leadership Team for review and approval in a timely manner. Upon Leadership approval, manages the creation of definitive project execution plans (Plan of Record) Philips Healthcare Southern California July 2015 – June 2018 Implementation Project Manager
• Manage multiple patient monitoring systems implementations and interface/integration deployments varying in scope, size and complexity to ensure successful implementations
• Develop integrated project plans; inclusive of comprehensive WBS (work breakdown structure), Change Management plan, Communication Plan, Risk Management Plan and Resource Management, etc. Coordinating, leading and motivating a diverse cross-functional team of internal and external resources in coordination with the hospital provided project manager or stakeholders.
• Managing and effectively communicating across all project stakeholders, including capability to work in the C- suite, as well as third-party vendors.
• Confirm site readiness for construction projects. Work with Construction Project Manager to schedule installations.
• Provide documentation for OSHPD projects
• Responsible for Revenue Recognition, Forecast Accuracy, Pipeline Inventory, Project Cycle time, Project Costs and Customer Satisfaction
• Reporting to the Region Service Manager, a member of the Southern California Installation team with a variety of both internal and external stakeholders
Unisys Costa Mesa, CA February 2014 to June 2015
• Manage printer refresh and other desktop / network related projects
• Verify integrity of site and asset data provided by client to build a migration schedule.
• Draft and submit schedule to the senior PM for review and then to client for approval.
• Utilize the approved schedule to draft and submit resource plan to vendor for required background/financial checks.
• Work very closely with the vendor on any changes to schedule and/or resource requirements.
• Verify scheduling of resources and communicate/confirm resources with the site Point of Contact (POC).
• Verify asset availability and ensure the regional configuration centers can meet schedule. Communicate schedule changes/updates as needed.
• Identify and coordinate with the client site POC as required to confirm resources, resolve issues, and obtain sign- off as required.
• Report updates and required check points and attend calls as required in support of daily or nightly refreshes.
• At the completion of a site refresh, confirm all work has been completed with the customer prior to releasing the team.
• Provide status regarding asset information, labor reporting, etc., as required.
• Verify and track information for any next day post refresh support. Coordinate with the branch/site managers.
• Ensure Asset/Logistics Lead has pick-up or disposal scheduled.
• Attend project meeting as required.
Askesis Development Group Anaheim, CA August 2012 to May 2013 University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Senior Project Manager
Manage multiple simultaneous project implementations of Askesis proprietary Electronic Health Record (EHR) management application (both Client-Server and Web-based (SaaS)) at customer sites requiring local and remote support.
Utilize Project Management Institute methodology and tools to successfully manage multiple complex projects supporting scope, budget and quality requirements.
• Customer-facing role requiring continuous interaction with the client throughout the life cycle of the project
• Define and develop overall project objectives, scope, work plan and resource allocation and review and confirm with internal client
• Manage Firm Fixed Price, Fixed Price plus Incentive and Time and Material contracts
• Plan, prioritize, organize and control multiple responsibilities and cross-functional resources and ensure that the most appropriate resources are assigned to specific project roles
• Manage project from concept to implementation and project close out
• Manage a large number of responsibilities in the face of competing priorities (Resource Management)
• Anticipate project issues, assess alternatives, and take appropriate measures to resolve in a professional, tactful manner
• Understand, analyze and structure undefined, complex and politically sensitive projects
• Manage and track actual versus planned project hours for all resources assigned to the project
• Utilize Earned Value Reporting for providing status of Project health (CPI, SPI, BCWP, ACWP, BAC, EAC)
• Conduct internal and external project meetings to track overall project performance
• Coordinate installation of software updates, patches, latest revisions with existing customers
• On site and remote training (WebEx)
Western Digital Irvine, CA February 2006 to August 2012 Senior Principal Engineer/Project Manager
Maintain full responsibility for the Joint Qualifications Test for Enterprise Server Product Line (Dell, HP, IBM, NEC, Fujitsu-Siemens), Hardware Compatibility Lab, as well as manage the Malaysia Hardware Compatibility Lab.
• Support delivery schedules for Desktop, Laptop, and Enterprise disk drive programs in accordance with requirements provided by the Program Management Office (PMO)
• Develop Hardware Compatibility Process Maps and Test Procedures
• Manage product validation team responsible for performing comprehensive firmware verification test
• Supervise Compatibility Laboratory Test Engineers and Test Technicians, and report status and issues at Project Review Meetings
• Manage Hard Disk Drive Test Planning and Scheduling; create Final Test Reports and appropriate supporting documentation
• Develop and manage hardware compatibility project schedules to meet budget, quality and delivery objectives in conjunction with overall program commitments as established by the Project Management Office (PMO)
• Schedule equipment as well as test technician resources to support OEM customer shipment schedules
• Supervise remote hardware compatibility support organization in Malaysia to ensure that all issues regarding product which has transitioned to sustaining status are resolved in a timely manner and communicated to the Program Office as well as to the customer
• Knowledge of SAS, SATA, SSD Storage Protocols (both rotating and solid state storage media) General Electric Anaheim, CA August 2005 to February 2006 Healthcare Medical Systems
Manage installation of Patient Monitoring systems in Hospitals and Medical Centers in the Western US Region (AK, AZ, CA, HI, OR, WA).
• Lead implementation of MUSE Cardiology Information System at Hospitals and Medical Centers in the Western United States
• Manage Customer-facing relationship (Act as the face of GE Healthcare Medical Systems)
• Successfully achieved installation of Patient Monitoring and Hospital Interface Database Systems at multiple sites realizing schedule, cost and scope objectives
• Initiated and Led Customer kick-off meetings
• Led Go-Live
• Successfully supported 10-12 implementations simultaneously
• Provided weekly project status report to clients as well as internal Executive management
• Scheduled internal resources for installation and training
• Interfaced with client clinicians, IT staff and cardiologists
• Create Project Closeout and Lessons Learned reports DataTrace Anaheim, CA January 2005 to August 2005
Experian Credit Services Costa Mesa, CA January 2004 to September 2004 Cary Karr Page 5 of 6
Raytheon Systems (formerly Hughes Aircraft) Long Beach, CA September 1999 to May 2001 IT Project Manager
Hughes Aircraft Company Fullerton, CA June 1997 to September 1999 Information Technology Manager
Hughes Aircraft Company Fullerton, CA 1995 to 1997 Test Engineer Manager
Hughes Aircraft Company Fullerton, CA 1988 to 1995 Group Leader
Hughes Aircraft Company Fullerton, CA 1981 to 1988 Member of Technical Staff
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, California State University, Fullerton PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
Certificate in Project Management University of California, Irvine Certificate in Manufacturing Operations Management, California State University, Fullerton Certificate in Production and Inventory Control, California State University, Fullerton TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
• Managed schedule for a $9,000,000 Relational Database Development Project consisting of over 500 tasks supported by 45 employees.
• Managed schedule for a $20,000,000 follow-on project with 4 major sub-projects, consisting of over 900 tasks.
• Developed and Maintained an audit process for monitoring Internal Audits including escalation and close out procedures as well as reporting to senior management.
• Proposal writing, submittal and justification to customers, presentation to Management of performance to cost/schedule milestones.
• Developed and Managed the Risk Assessment/Risk Mitigation Plan for $20,000,000 follow-on project.
• Created and managed a monthly project portfolio reporting tool for projects greater than $500,000. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
• Windows 2000 Operating System deployment to 25 diverse sites (over 10,000 users) in the Western Region
(CA, WA, AZ, NM, and UT) on schedule and within budget. Task included application analysis for desktop, midrange and mainframe applications, collaboration with 3rd Party Vendors regarding application compatibility, testing all existing desktop and mainframe applications utilized across the enterprise as well as analysis of all existing desktop platforms.
• Reduced annual Information Technology budget from $17,000,000 to $10,000,000 over a 2 year period. Transitioned all IT services and archived critical user data files and server backups from Fullerton, CA to Portsmouth RI.
• Disposition of leased assets, transition of software licenses and software and hardware maintenance agreements to the receiving organizations.
• Develop and manage Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) to meet or exceed customer requirements.
• Manage Software and Hardware Maintenance Agreements.
• Create and manage Mission Critical hardware and VIP lists.
• Beta testing of new initiatives prior to implementation.
• Manage asset and inventory management.
• Manage new infrastructure deployments.
• Test Positions Development - design documentation, fabrication and release within budget and on schedule.
• Reduced cycle time from completion of engineering design to production release by 25%.
• Develop procedures and processes to perform unit and system final acceptance testing.
• Reduced cycle time for incorporation of Test Procedure modifications by 30%.
• Manage people and resources to effectively support production test.
• Decreased backlog of non-conforming material by 20%.
• Led the department’s effort to become ISO 9001 certified.
• Support integrated product development teams.
• Develop and Manage Production Test Plans.
• Monitor and facilitate cycle time reduction.
• Provide field operations support.
• Training of new employees.