ALCIRA P ASTORA
SALES MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Alcira is a bilingual professional with extensive experience and training in various disciplines of retail sales, retail management, and human resources. A self- motivator with a passion to improve processes and driven by results. Strong problem solving abilities and a great deal of troubleshooting experience have developed through team building and customer interactions. She has a strong passion for visual merchandising, quality assurance, team building, and product improvement with a concrete background in customer service committed to elevated quality service and response time.
GENERAL STORE MANAGER
New York & Company - Tysons Corner, VA/ October 2013 - July 2018
- Manage all operations of the store which included financial, customer service, administrative and human resource tasks.
- Supervise a team of existing employees and recruit, interview and hire new staff to ensure the achievement of store metrics on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for assessing training needs, scheduling workflow and increasing staff productivity.
- Trained all new employees on store policy and procedures to ensure proper orientation.
- Structured personnel training program which stressed excellent customer service standards internally and externally.
- Managed sales forecasts to ensure sales quotas were met or exceeded which resulted in store volume exceeding monthly sales forecasts by an average of 10%.
- Audited financial reports, sales ledgers, sales forecasts and inventory logs to ensure company compliance and standard.
- Meets and exceeds profitability expectations for the store in sales, payroll, shrink and conversion while executing strategies to maximize store sales and monitor expenses
- Follow Loss Prevention Guidelines by assisting in handing of merchandise to assure procedures are met to control inventory loss.
- Perform and/or assist with special events related to current promotions, some events included but not limited to fashion shows or networking events held in- store.
NORTHERN VA COMMUNITY
College / 2009
AA in Business Management
Customer Service & Excellence Award 2012
Best in Class Sales Performance Award 2010
Secret Shop Award 2012 - 2016
Customer Service & Excellence Award 2011
Excellence in Training Award 2014
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
Ann Taylor - Old Towne, VA - 2010 - 2013
- Supervised sales floor during peak business hours to guarantee quality clientele services and inspire team members in the department.
- Supervised a team of professionals sales persons with high experience and training in sales and customer service.
- Managed weekly and monthly floor moves to ensure product placement and to spotlight company sales & promotions.
- Exceeded sales quotas and promoted brand loyalty by being visible on the sales floor and living the Ann Taylor culture.
- Coordinated the performance evaluation to help improve employee performance according to company standards.
- Complete other tasks or duties that may be assigned as required to facilitate the efficient or safe functioning. ALCIRA P ASTORA
SALES MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
SENIOR DEPARTMENT MANAGER
Lord & Taylor - Fair Oaks, VA - 2004 - 2010
- Supervised and managed a team of 15-25 sales associates to ensure excellent customer service and increased sales.
- Managed sales forecasts to ensure that sales quotas were met or exceeded which resulted in store volume exceeding monthly sales goals by an average of 5-10% each month.
- Audited financial and sales reports to ensure accountability by all team members in each specific departments.
- Assisted Human Resources and sale departments by hiring, interviewing and hiring personnel for positions that included upper management, sales associates and support staff according to company requirements.
- Maintained a strong client network and consistently followed up on client needs by delivering excellent customer service, exceeding sales quotas and promoting the Lord & Taylor credit card program. SENIOR DEPARTMENT MANAGER
Kmart - Fairfax, VA - 1999 - 2004
- Managed all operations of the department which included monthly and yearly inventory record keeping and tracking delivery of goods.
- Structured and maintained personnel training program which stressed excellent customer service standards internally and externally.
- Coordinated recruiting efforts with corporate regional recruiters, regional management and district management to establish a strong recruiting network.
- Tasks included: developing and maintaining professional relationships with potential candidates in competitive stores; pre-screening management candidates; and interviewing sales & support staff. Managed merchandise layout of the store to guarantee quality company standards and increase sales volume.
- Managed sales forecasts to ensure sale quotas were met by providing daily and weekly training of department associates.
- Analyzed, managed, and facilitated the payroll and expense reimbursements of the entire executive department with the payroll deadline.
- Maintained detailed human resources records, data entry, and file organization to maintain company standards.
- Coordinated evaluations in order to review performance and training needs for all new and permanent associates to limit staff turnover.
- Conducted sales orientation seminars for newly hired sales associates by following company guidelines and training videos.
- Assisted in the management office with training of 150 new sales associates for a fast-paced high volume departments.