Team Lead/SDET / Senior Automation Test Engineer
● Lead and software testing professional with 9 years of hands-on quality assurance experience.
● Lead and participate in review sessions of business requirements
● Plan, design and execute test cases ensuring functional and performance requirements are met
● Mentor new project hires and identify training needs.
● Experience to work with team around the globe
● Developed from scratch test automation framework for Web and desktop applications.
● CI logic support and implementation.
● Development of Python and Java based test automation scripts and unit tests.
● Strong knowledge of testing methodologies and best practices.
● Strong experience in web services and applications testing.
● Strong knowledge of Behave and Cucumber.
● Strong experience with test documentation (test plans, test cases, use-cases, check lists).
● Work experience in various test and development tools.
● Proficient in black / white box testing.
● Performance testing experience.
● Experience in SQL queries and Linux environment.
● Work experience in distributed Scrum team.
● ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level.
● Have a good understanding of the software development life cycle and role of testing in it.
● Exceptional problem solver and troubleshooter.
● Focused on results and excited by challenging tasks.
● Team player who is able to work independently.
Test tools: S quish, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Chrome developer toolbar, Selenium Grid; Tasks and bugs tracking systems: JIRA, Redmine, Trac; Documentation tracking systems: Confluence, Zephyr, TestRail, qTest; Development tools: Maven, JUnit, Bitbucket;
Continuous Integration: Jenkins Virtual Machines: vmWare, VirtualBox; Programming languages: Python, Qt, Java;
Databases: MySQL, MSSQL;
Operating systems: Windows, Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise Linux); Technologies: OOP, PageObject, JSP, ASPX, Servlets, AJAX, HTML, JSON, XML, SCIM, OpenLDAP; Methodologies: BDD;
Version control systems: Git;
Team Lead / Senior Automation Test Engineer
Nemaris Inc., New York, USA Aug 2015 – Present
The application is working with innovative surgical planning tools & apply simulation to see potential outcomes. Store and access your files from desktop, web and mobile app.
● Lead and participate in review sessions of business requirements, technical requirements and design documents to ensure the software changes are understood to facilitate testing.
● Collaborate with team members to meet deliverables and company directives.
● Participates in requirements reviews with business analysts, development teams and technical architects to ensure requirements are clear, concise and testable
● Supervise offshore teams to ensure adherence to quality standards required by customer.
● Accountable to ensure timely completion of the projects with quality.
● Create and maintain comprehensive test procedures.
● Find out the opportunities to automate and reduce the testing cycle time.
● Working in an Agile/Scrum development process
● Manage and perform regression, functional, and integration tests
● Assists in system integration tests and User Acceptance Testing cycles.
● Testing websites and mobile applications
● Recruitment and manage Test team members.
● Mentor new project hires and identify training needs
● Responsible for overseeing the daily testing activities of the QA team
● Provides status and metrics on all QA projects using dashboards and reports SDET / Senior Automation Test Engineer
● Developed from scratch test automation framework for Web and desktop the applications
● Significantly improved develop procedures via integration task by branch branching strategy, Pull Requests, code reviews, static code analysis.
● Introduced testing automation framework.
● Set up continuous integration flow using Jenkins for Web and desktop applications.
● RESTful API testing
● Business requirements analysis and technical specifications
● Improved test procedures via knowledge sharing sessions, setting up test requirements to application.
● Decreased amount of bugs reported by end users for 75%.
● Trained Junior test engineers
Test Automation Engineer
20twenty Strategic Consulting, New York, USA Dec 2013 –Aug 2015 I was involved in different projects which we customize for different companies. Our customization based on Avectra (netForum) product. My main responsibilities are:
● Developing test strategy & processes
● Web automation
● Writing test cases and Navigation plans
● Test execution, defect watching and problem analysis
● Collaborate with development team to improve and extend test automation Test Engineer
Zultys Inc, Kiev, Ukraine, Jun 2012 - Dec 2013
I am involved in different projects which are related with VoIP. The main application (the desktop product) is running on Windows, Mac, Linux and Android OS.
● Provided functional and non-functional verification of new functionality.
● Documented test plans, test cases and check-lists.
● Succeeded in delivering high quality release artifacts at time with tight schedule.
● Created reports about current quality level.
● Collaborated with other teams.
● Worked with developers.
● Mentored two test engineers.
● Defined test requirements for product releases.
● Test execution, defect watching and problem analysis.
● Developing test strategy & processes.
● Set up test environment.
● Collaborate with development team to improve and extend test automation.
● Testing mobile apps.
● Run automated scripts.
● TCP/ IP
Freelance December 2008 – June 2012
● Provided functional and non-functional testing of various applications.
● Was responsible for testing of all company product lines.
● Documented test plans and test cases for test automation.
● Stimulated creating of test framework for REST API testing.
● Test automation based on the developed test framework.
● Supported automated test suites to be topical.
● Tested application without GUI (REST API) manually as well as with using automated tools.
● Escalated issues needed to be implemented in future sprint.
● Tightly worked with developers, internal and external customers.