**** ******** **. email@example.com
St. Louis, MO 63114 703-***-****
Seeking a position in a team environment where I can utilize my skills in mechanical design, test and evaluation, and project management.
Delivery Driver June 2017 - Present
Jars, TD, St. Louis, MO
- Delivered up to 380 packages per day from an Amazon warehouse to businesses and residences, with maximum efficiency by planning optimal delivery routes for efficient, safe and on-time delivery.
- Effectively communicated with dispatchers to resolve equipment problems and delays in arrival.
Math and English Teacher October 2016 - April 2017
Bankhai School, Rayong, Thailand
- Taught math (algebra, linear equations, and statistics) and English to Thai honors students in grades 7, 8, and 9.
- Honed oral and written communication skills while working with people of differing cultures.
Mechanical Engineering Intern May 2016 - August 2016
NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA
-Performed test and evaluation of high strength, high temperature materials to support the development of HIAD (Hypersonic Inflatable Aerodynamic Decelerator), an inflatable heat shield for atmospheric entry to Earth and Mars.
- Used 3-D modeling, 3-D printing and, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, 2D drawings, and machining skills to design and develop a mechanical material testing system to measure the displacement in test specimens which enabled the team to better assess stretching in materials under stress.
- Developed a comprehensive budget for items purchased to develop displacement-measuring system.
- Designed and developed a nose cap for a one-tenth scale model of HIAD which would match up to the body of the HIAD accounting for curvature and aerodynamic advantage.
- Presented internship accomplishments to a group of senior engineers, who invited me to return the following summer.
Test Engineer & Project Manager November 2012 – November 2014
Battelle Memorial Institute, Washington, DC
-Performed test and evaluation of airport security machinery such as baggage scanners and body scanners at a TSA (Transportation Security Administration) test facility.
-Lead engineer and project manager, along with another engineer, for testing of all AT-2 models of baggage scanning machines.
-Developed and wrote test plans according to strict TSA requirements with rigorous testing designs to ensure security of baggage scanning machines used in US airports.
-Led teams of up to eight technicians to test equipment.
-During one high-visibility project with a value of approximately $500,000, managed the design, production, validation, implementation, and management of over 360 threat items, which were critical to the successful completion and scientific integrity of the project. My successful project plan and constant oversight led to the project being under budget amidst a reduced project deadline by approximately 20%.
-Obtained a Secret security clearance.
Engineering Technical Assistant May 2008 – August 2008
Computer Sciences Corporation, Washington, DC
- Conducted research on various ship systems (sonar, navigation, communication systems, and others) in support of the design of a naval ship.
- Collected data on ship systems to assist client decision makers in choosing desired systems.
- Presented findings to the customer, a group from Raytheon Corporation.
Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering May 2011
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
Senior Design Project: Blind Driver Challenge August 2010 – May 2011
-Served on a team that developed a system to enable a blind driver to use a car. The system uses sensors to “see” the road and sends data to the computer which then makes decisions and sends information to the driver through gloves and pads in the seat which are equipped with vibrating motors.
Semester Abroad, Mechanical Engineering February 2009 – July 2009
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Hamburg, Germany
Web Development January 2018 – June 2018
The Web Developer Bootcamp, Udemy.com
-MS Office products
German Language, Advanced