Verle E. Guntrum Jr.
** ****** ** ***** *****.guntrum
Greenville, SC 29615 Mobile: 864-***-****
CFO/SECRETARY/CONTROLLER/BUSINESS CONSULTANT/PRINCIPAL An executive with over 20 years of exceptional experience gained while serving in critical roles vital to the organizations success. Roles have included and currently include CFO, Controller, Consultant and Principal. I am an executive that fosters improvement and efficiency, demands success from team members and insist that accountability remains a consistent and constant guideline. AREAS OF EXPERTISE: Financial Statements & Management Reporting, Accounting and Operational Policies/Procedures Development & Implementation, Operating & Capital Budget Preparation, Business Opportunity Assessments, and Inventory Management & Reconciliation, Job and Average Costing Analysis, Federal & State Tax Reporting and Compliance, GAAP & FASB Rulings, Insurance and Banking /Cash Management, HR Benefits, Risk Management and Staff Training & Development, and G/L & Subsidiary Ledgers Reconciliation, I & E Auditing, working knowledge in IFRAS.
SOFTWARE EXPERTISE: MS Office, Great Plains, SAP, MACOLA and MAS 90, QuickBooks, SAP, Peachtree, FRX, Crystal Reports, FAS, Navision and Business Works. Professional Experience
Quality Standards Controller (QSC) – BMWMC USA – Greer, S.C. 2010 to 2015 Responsibilities assigned to F1A and F1B testing and analysis. Utilized SAP production systems to assure that DPC, direct product cost was properly posted to production levels averaging 300 automobiles. QSC determined if rework on individual units was within DPC guidelines and all costs were appropriately applied to respective sections. My diligence resulted in accurate cost center postings, budgeted daily and weekly production levels within budget. Advised and identified cost centers regarding negative variances and alternatives to avoid continued DPC increases. CFO & CONTROLLER - GUNTRUM GROUP CONSULTING, INC. – Greenville, S.C. (private) 2000 to Present Continue to serve and have served a variety of business as CFO, Controller and Consultant (Financial and Operational). What follows is my track record of success in providing my services to profitable businesses, start-ups, reorganizations and turn-around organizations:
CFO/CONTROLLER - Metro-Reprographics Inc., Printing Company. Turn-Around 2007-2010 Was responsible for all accounting & financial statement reporting, HR compliance, cash management and sales tax reporting. Developed a fiscal budget and worked closely with the President assuring budget compliance and that implemented cost controls were successful. As a result of these measures, Metro was able to expand into the Columbia, S.C. market and profitability was returned. Operating budget was in excess of $3M annually
CONTROLLER/CFO - Showcase Marketing & Recording. Start-up 2004-2007 I performed hands-on responsibilities for all facets of accounting & finance, HR and cash management. I developed HR and operational policies and procedures that were successfully implemented. I also constructed a millions dollar operating budget. As a result, the company was able to expand its client base and opened a recording studio. I also prepared annual S-Corp. returns and quarterly state and Federal tax forms.
CFO, Secretary & Shareholder for Barrett’s Flowers Inc., retailer. 1998 to Present Manage all facets of accounting, finance, tax compliance and reporting; sales tax, quarterly & annual federal 941 and S.C. employment reconciliations. Additionally, through diligent cost controls and cash management, managed to maintain profitability and meet current & long-term growth projections from 1998 to Present. Annual revenues have grown from 150K to 800K annually. I work closely with banks to assure that our investments are performing optimally. Manage HR functions and stay current on all employment law. CONSULTANT- Financial, Tax and Operational – Business and Individuals 2000 to Present Tax planning, S and C Corp., filings, Partnership and Fiduciary returns and NPO’s Verle Guntrum Jr. 864-***-**** email@example.com Skype verle.guntrum Professional Experience (continued)
CONTROLLER/CFO TRANSACTION TECHNOLOGY INC. - Greenville, S.C. 2004 to 2007 National service provider maintaining restaurant & refrigeration equipment for nationally & internationally recognized customers. Challenged to strengthen corporate accounting functions, and implement/maintain financial controls in a turn-around/restructuring environment. Position managed a staff of 10 and responsible for Accounting, IT and HR Departments. Position reportedly directly to the CEO and Chairman. Revenues were in excess of $25m annually.
• Straightened up financial reporting. Month-end and year-end review were accomplished in days rather than months, resulted in determining true operating performance.
• Established & maintained credit/collection policies; reviewed and managed corporate banking & lending relationships. These policies resulted in improved A/R collections and a 10%reduction in bad debt write-offs.
• Diligent cash management program resulted in improved vendor relationship & meeting covenant requirements.
• Spearheaded the national inventory reconciliation program with inventory valued at $2 million. This project resulted in an increased borrowing base and improved parts and supplies purchasing and costing.
• Developed internal auditing policies and oversaw external audit process and provided all necessary worksheets/data that resulted in decreased billable auditing hours.
• Improved sales tax reporting & compliance for 50 states. Favorable sales tax audits ensued with over $100K saved in interest and penalties.
CONTROLLER /CONSULTANT REALTICORP – Greenville, S.C. 2001 to 2002 Commercial development and property-holding company with 4 locations and $50M in annual revenues. Reported to President. Recruited to manage professional staff of 5 and responsible for A/P, A/R, HR, project accounting and challenged to hire/train staff for key accounting positions. Additionally, charged with strengthening and maintaining financial controls & reporting in a restructuring environment. Reported to company President.
• Oversaw financials; managed month–end/year –end close, performed corporate reporting, analysis forecasting & budgeting-implemented GAAP & FASB compliance. Improved and timely financial reporting.
• Tracked operational improvements versus targets; assisted operational management in cost savings initiatives and working capital optimization, managed corporate banking & lending relationships & supervised bank account reconciliations. Cash flows were improved and covenants were maintained. CONTROLLER & CFO – Interim WHOLESALE GLASS INC. - Greenville, S.C. 2000 to 2001 Distributor of glass products for the automotive, residential and commercial construction industries with 3 locations and $5M in annual revenues. Reported to company President & managed 3 employees.
• Managed the financials; performed divisional & corporate reporting, month-end/year-end closings, forecasting and budgeting. Oversaw cash management and bank lending relationships, reconciled bank accounts.
• Maintained physical inventory ($1 million value) and evaluated for obsolescence, valuation and movement. ASSISTANT CONTROLLER COLLINS INVESTMENTS INC. - Greenville, S.C. 1996 to 2000 Domestic start-up company comprised of 11 various entities: 150 commercial & residential properties, a cruise ship & casinos and multiple bowling centers. Annual revenues were in excess of $25M. Reported to VP of Finance.
• Developed, implemented and maintained the financial reporting and internal controls and oversaw the cash management for 11 operating & investment bank accounts. Started company out on the right track.
• Supported corporate, divisional and parent (Collins Entertainment) strategic planning efforts through forecasting and capital/operational budgeting preparation and variance analysis. Company stayed within budgets. Education, Certifications & Professional Affiliations B.S.B.A – (Accounting & MIS) – University of South Carolina – 1994 CPA
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) American Bar Association (ABA)
Notary – SC – Commission Expires – 20 January 2017