Nancy L. Roggio
Marketing Maverick and Public Relations Powerhouse
Highly motivated, creative and results-driven Marketing Communications Specialist committed to professional excellence.
**** *. **ye Road
Phoenix, AZ 85048
Nickels and Dimes, Inc., Celina, TX Vice President of Marketing 6/2015-6/2017
Responsible for creating a comprehensive marketing plan and budget, public relations, special events and monthly promotions, website redesign and maintenance, graphic design of print and digital media, media buying, social media, and group sales collateral for 10 Tilt Studio indoor family fun centers located across the country. Supervised social media manager. Headquartered in Tempe, AZ.
Adventure Landing, Mason, OH Director of Sales and Marketing 9/2014-5/2015
Responsible for local marketing, public relations, graphic design of print and digital advertising, sales of all group events and corporate sponsorships, and social media for The Beach Waterpark and Beach Mountain snow tubing attraction. Supervised sales assistant. Scene75 Entertainment Center, Dayton, OH Director of Sales & Marketing
Responsible for comprehensive marketing plan and budget, public relations, special events and monthly promotions, website redesign and maintenance, graphic design of all print and digital media, media buying, social media, and sales of corporate group events and sponsorships for the largest indoor family fun center in the country. Valley Forge Promotions, Oaks, PA Director of Sales & Marketing 9/2010-5/2013
Responsible for comprehensive marketing plan and budget, public relations, special events and monthly promotions, website redesign and maintenance, graphic design of all print and digital media, media buying, social media, and sales of all corporate group events and sponsorships for the second largest indoor family fun center in the country. Valley Forge Promotions consisted of Arnold’s Family Fun Center, Arnold’s Bowling Bistro & Bar, Arnold’s Water Tower Nightclub, and Arnold’s ScareWorld attraction. Supervised sales assistant. Doubled sales revenue in two years. SKILLS
Public Relations/Social Media
Trade Show Management
Direct Mail Campaigns
Direct Sales/Sales Training
Brass Ring Award for Best
Digital Marketing and Best
Public Relations Campaign
Best of Ohio Award for Family
Fun from Ohio Magazine
Best Advertising, Best Store
Design, Best Corporate
Proposal and Best
Community Service Program
Awards from Candy Bouquet
Most Significant Corporate
Contribution Award from
Family Game Rooms
Gambone Development Company, Inc., Fairview Village, PA Marketing and Advertising Director
Managed all advertising, marketing, web development and maintenance, and public relations for the Residential Division (17 new home communities), Rental Division (5 apartment complexes), and the Commercial Division (over 100 retail and industrial properties) of large regional builder.
OTHER NOTABLE POSITIONS HELD
SK Advertising, Pottstown, PA Senior Account Executive Cherrydale Farms/Bartons Confections,Allentown, PA - Creative Director/New Product Development
Candy Bouquet (retail store),North Wales, PA - Sole Proprietor Adventure Shops, Inc.,Berwyn, PA - Marketing Director for Family Game Rooms (30 stores in 8 states) and Halloween Adventure
(over 100 stores in 10 states)
SFK Advertising and Marketing Solutions, Philadelphia, PA - Marketing Director/Media Buyer
Cypher Press, Inc., Bensalem, PA - Marketing Director for Cypher Press, Inc. and Cypher Entertainment, Inc. (Miss America Pageant) Charming Shoppes, Inc., Bensalem, PA - Promotions Director of New Business Development, Director of Employee Communications, and Advertising Director
Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, New York Associate’s Degree
Major: Advertising Design Minor:Illustration
Dean’s List, Graduated Cum Laude, Art Scholarship winner. 3.6 GPA Plus Continuing Education credits in Marketing, Internal Communications, Photography, and Social Media
Highly proficient on PC or MAC platforms; Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; Microsoft Office; Constant Contact; MailChimp; Salesforce; WordPress; Foursquare; HootSuite; Google Adwords; Google Analytics; and Facebook Insights. AWARDS CONTINUED
IABC’s EPIC Award of
Excellence for Cypher
IABC’s Award of Excellence
for 120-page Miss America
Pageant Program Book
Neographics Gold Awards for
Charming Shoppes’ Girls’ Day
promotional materials and
Received two awards for
“many years of loyalty and
support” from the Store
Operations and Visual
at Charming Shoppes, Inc.
Nominated as Employee of
the Year for Charming
Shoppes (out of over 1300
Silver Arc Award for
Charming Shoppes’ Annual
IABC’s EPIC Award of
Excellence for Charming
Shoppes’ Internal publication
Gold ARC Award and IABC’s
Award of Merit for Charming
Shoppes Annual Report
English. Beginner Spanish.
● Implemented creative public relations campaigns that have led to consistent media attention on all four network TV stations in various markets, including several live appearances on the Living Dayton TV Show.
● Set record attendance at three indoor entertainment centers for unique events such as Granny Grand Prix , Slime Time with the Ghostbusters, and numerous character appearances using only free social media posts.
● More than doubled revenue in two years at family entertainment complex in very competitive Philadelphia market (from $1.9M to $4.2M). Number of corporate group events went from 30 events per year to more than 30 events per month.
● Designed and produced Premier Edition of Miss America Pageant Cards which received national recognition in over 150 regional and local newspapers, as well as on the Live with Regis and Kathie Lee show and CNN. Pageant cards were nominated as “Best new collectible cards” by Non-Sports Update m agazine.
● Directed development and design of Miss America Pageant Collector’s Edition fine porcelain doll and handled all publicity and media placement to promote product.
● Edited and published award-winning 120-page Miss America Pageant Program Book which increased sales by 20%.
● Planned and negotiated hour-long Miss America Pageant Collectibles Show on QVC with live appearance by reigning Miss America. All Miss America Pageant collectibles featured were “Sold Out” during the show. Retail Industry
● Planned and executed first Girls’ Day promotion for Charming Shoppes that netted $750,000, setting a record for most profitable one-day promotion in Company’s 50-year history.
● Successfully launched eight new departments for Charming Shoppes, leading to combined gross revenues of over $2M.
● Spearheaded Fashion Bug University , Charming Shoppes’ “college” for customer service training and professional development., which reduced turnover by 40% within the first two years.
● Responsible for creative design, development, international and domestic sourcing, and sales of over 150 new candy “giftables” to major retailers such as Macy’s, Burdines, Rich’s, Bloomingdale’s, FTD, 1-800-Flowers, QVC, HSN, Walmart, Target, Costco, and CVS. Sales for Holiday giftables were over $10M in one season.
● Consulted to senior management, directed creative development and implemented strategic multi-media communications plans for major corporations nationwide. Representative clients include: Johnson & Johnson, Borden Foods, Colgate-Palmolive, Dow Chemicals, Marriott Corporation, Old Dominion Freight, and Morrison Foods.