Pflugerville, TX *****
Michael Brock Foley, JD, MHA, LNFA
Engaging, professional and dedicated problem solver with diverse leadership skills and a desire to work with others to improve the quality of patient care. Background in customer service, education, communication and legal field and comfortable in dynamic environments.
3/2018-5/2018 Buckner Retirement Services
Buckner Villas Austin,
TX H ealthcare Administrator - Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living and Memory Care
● Administrator of Skilled Nursing Facility, Memory Care and two Assisted Living Facilities, totaling over 120 residents.
● Demonstrated accountability as an approachable, engaging servant leader.
● Created Compliance Committee and supporting documentation.
● Restarted Safety Committee and created documentation tracking/trending workplace injuries.
● Updated/organized State-Ready and Contract binders
● Recruited staff.
● Started Safety Rounds with Maintenance Director.
● Taught Activity Director the budgeting process, investing time and resources in her department that had not been offered in past years.
● Begun risk assessment for SNF, Memory Care and ALFs for each conceivable disaster situation and began to retool Disaster Plan to reflect as much.
● Researched and began initial preparations/presentation for Active Shooter scenario
● Started a Water Management Plan, requiring research into water movement, storage and consumption for the entire campus - created flow chart mapping all water into and out of community.
● Used customer service, communication and problem-solving skills to build relationships with residents and enhance resident experience.
● Worked with Rehab/Therapy Department to improve quality of equipment, therefore allowing for better service to residents.
● Brought Administrator's presence to Resident Council meetings and delivered on promises made to residents.
5/2017-3/2018 Elmcroft Senior Living
Elmcroft of Cottonwood Temple, TX
● Chief Executive of 65 bed assisted living
● Increased census from 87%-100% (57-63) within 6 months
● Zero deficiencies on 2017 health survey
● Best of Senior Living Award, 2017 for SeniorAdvisor.com
● Improved employee engagement process by rolling out new orientation and inservicing for staff.
● Implimented cost controls to bring departments under budget. 09/2015-02/2017 Caring Healthcare
Gracy Woods II Living Center Austin,
● Chief Executive of 103 bed facility with approximately 120 staff and $7 million in annual revenue.
● Achieved census of 99 with 16 Skilled with total capacity of 103 residents.
● Average Census for 2016 of 97 with skilled mix of 16%; an increase of over 10% from 2015.
● Reduced overtime expense from approximately 6% of total payroll to approximately 2%.
● Led facility to 28% increase in revenue over 2015.
● Reduced facility expenditures and waste by establishing an environment of accountability, fiscal responsibility and the hiring of key personnel.
● Oversaw 2015 and 2016 annual surveys with minimal health deficiencies far better than state average and received zero deficiencies in 2016 with over 10 self-reports.
● Heavily involved with the recruiting and staff development ranging from CNAs through nurse managers and Director of Nursing.
● Improved quality and procedure of incident reporting and investigations.
● Reimplemented and revised elements of QA process.
● Improved communication and relationship building with residents and families resulting in a significant decrease in grievances. 11/2012-09/2015 Regency Post Acute Care Centers
Elgin Nursing and Rehabilitation Elgin, TX
● Leader of 120 bed facility just outside of Austin with 125 full-time staff. and $8 million in annual revenue; increased net income by 10% compared to 2014.
● Average census YTD of 111 with skilled mix of 12% with no feeder hospital, increased from 109 in 2014.
● Top financial performer in North region with net income before fixed expenses among best in 32-facility company.
● Overtime percentage best in region due to improved employee retention, personal involvement in CNA education and involvement with floor staff.
● Employee retention best in region
● Favorable survey results.
● Maintained strong community ties and well respected by residents, families and staff through servant leadership, visiting with families, activity with Chamber of Commerce and local sponsorships with civil organizations.
● Excelled at customer service and obtained staff buy-in by building relationships through empathy and establishing trust in leadership and integrity.
Heritage Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Austin, TX Assistant Administrator 9/2013-10/2014
● Using skills learned in the same position in Kingsville, TX, served as co-leader, resident advocate and problem-solver in a very diverse and dynamic facility with focus on behavioral health and dementia.
● Used mediation and conflict-resolution skills to address behavioral issues and worked closely with social services to contain situations before they got out of hand.
● Used servant leadership to motivate staff in a highly stressful, fast-paced environment with historically high turnover.
● Worked with marketing and admissions staff to maintain high census and to improve resident/family and community satisfaction with facility.
● Worked with administration and executives to maintain budget, reduce costs and promote efficient use of labor and materials. Kingsville Nursing and Rehabilitation Kingsville, TX Assistant Administrator 11/2012-9/2013
● Chiefly responsible for internal marketing, resident/family relations, grievances and building relationships from the admission process through discharge
● Served as liaison between corporate office, administrator, department heads and staff when new policies and procedures needed to be implemented or enforced
● Incorporated ideas from Leadership Development Team and Patient Centered Care Model into daily resident care.
● Worked closely with staff in order to obtain buy-in and gain feedback, resulting in higher staff retention, improved quality of care and greater efficiency.
6/2012-8/2012 Seton Medical Center Williamson Round Rock, TX
● Created hospital-wide written process for tracking wheelchair usage and developed inventory tools to improve cost-savings
● By interacting with and asking probing questions of department heads, nurses, CAs and volunteers, determined department needs
● Assessed barriers, formulated a solutions and implemented new hospital-wide program to address wheelchair issues, then educated staff in order to obtain buy-in and determine effectiveness of improvement project
● Through interaction with charge nurses and floor managers, conducted analysis on effectiveness of Care Board initiative; a program designed to educate the patient about their care team, set daily goals for pain management and allow patients to participate in his or her care
● Assigned to surgical suite to observe and interact with staff to evaluate effectiveness of scheduling, efficiency and professionalism of department
● Analyzed data regarding HCAHPS and Net Promoter Scores; worked with senior leadership to improve patient loyalty
9/2005-03/2008 Virginia College at Austin Austin, TX Director/Instructor, Paralegal Studies Program
● Managed department of 8 faculty, responsible for all staffing decisions, assuring compliance with accreditation, development of curriculum and quality of instruction for 100+ associate degree-seeking students
● Achieved 93% retention rate; 2n d
highest rating on campus, by establishing
rapport with students and general education faculty
● Assisted admissions personnel in attracting students to paralegal studies by networking with area attorneys and organizations.
● Excelled as academic advisor, professor and mentor of high-risk students, establishing an open-door policy and interacting with all students inside program.
Texas State University San Marcos, TX
Masters of Health Administration, A ugust, 2012
Florida State University, College of Law Tallahassee, FL Juris Doctorate, May, 2003
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
Bachelor of Science, Education, May, 2000