AutoCAD drafter adept at creating technical plans and drawings for structural and manufacturing purposes. A proven track record of completing difficult projects on schedule and on tight budget. Utilize computer resources and provide an exemplary level of service through streamlined, creative and efficient approach to every project. Hands-on and detailed oriented, comfortable working with surveyors, engineers, and project managers. CORE STRENGTHS
• Proficient in AutoCAD (R12 to 2015) and Microsoft tools - Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
• Possess excellent organizational and time management skills and interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in oral diagrams, written, or in schedule form.
• Attention to detail in creating in technical, aesthetically pleasing and useable drawings with strong emphasis on accuracy.
• Ability to implement and identify new and innovative approaches to enhance departmental development. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
CAD Detailer – 10/2004 to 05/2016
CST Industries, Inc. - 879 West 190th Street, Suite 1100 Gardena, CA 90248 www.cstindustries.com
• Review project file to establish client's standards and/or specific requirement for the project-based approvals.
• Verify and collect all the queries and clarifications based on the set of plans supplied, coordinate for changes/revisions with all impacted department (i.e. project managers, engineers, material control, manufacturing.)
• Create advance bill of material and verify any material substitution against the original member sizes and counter verify its availability with the material control department.
• Prepare AutoCAD 3D dome drawings to undergo automatic detailing using Xmodel and modify all generated dome fabrication drawings to client's specifications.
• Create custom fabrication drawings of aluminum dome members (i.e. extrusion modifications, connection plates, sheet metal covers and flashings) for machining, welding, sheet metal forming, and assembly
• Organize the release of fabrication drawings and bill of materials to material control and manufacturing department.
• Create field erection drawings, clarify erector constraints, and verify erector reports for avoiding back charges.
• Prepare shipping list of all fabricated dome parts including hardware (field bolts) and miscellaneous buyout items requirements for the project.
• Provide additional support in checking fabrication drawings (details, dimensions, member description, etc.) based on advance bill of material and substitution changes.
• Provide additional support in checking erection drawings based on customer's design drawings and/or design plans.
CAD Detailer – 04/2001 to 10/2004
Anvil Steel Corp - 137 W 168th St, Gardena, CA 90248 www.anvilsteel.com
• Create fabrication drawings for columns, beams, girt, horizontal and vertical bracing, trusses, roof/floor frames, support angles, bearing plates, anchor plates, pipe bollards, stairs and handrails in accordance to structural and architectural design drawing standards using AutoCAD.
• Create steel column and beam erection plans, anchor bolt setting plans, elevations, associated sections, and steel assembly details.
• Assist project managers and engineering personnel with formal drawing transmittals for customer/client review.
• Assigned the tasks of establishing and maintaining a CAD library of existing parts (i.e. columns, beams, bracing, handrails, etc.)
CAD Detailer – 02/2000 to 03/2001
Teledyne Microelectronics Electronic - 12964 Panama St. Los Angeles, Ca. 90066 www.teledynemicro.com
• Assist process engineers with the design and detail mechanical drawings for custom components, dies, fixtures, and equipment's for the fiber optics production line.
• Assist process engineers with modifying and revising design to correct operating deficiencies and reduce production problems.
• Work hand-in-hand with the fiber optics production line to identify when a production equipment, fixtures and dies required a change for proper function.
Moreno Valley College – Moreno Valley
Associate Degree, Math and Science – Expected summer 2018 ITT Technical Institute - Carson, California
Associates Degree, Computer Aided Drafting and Design - 1994