Experienced background in the KYC Services Department. Worked on both production and Quality Assurance sides of KYC Services. Extensive Customer Service Representative, Manager, and Coach experience. Excellent communication skills with ability to identify and resolve Customer concerns, providing effective telephone troubleshooting and support. Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail with a record of outstanding employment in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
HSBC, New Castle, DE 1994-2018
Team Lead / Billing Disputes (2013-2018)
Understanding of Regulations E and Z under banking guidelines. Reviewed and resolved customer written or phone disputes within Regulatory guidelines. Managed any escalated situation within department to ensure department was following all Regulatory guidelines set forth. Performed monthly call observations on Vizag Team members to make sure all Regulatory standards were followed. Provided feedback for areas of opportunity within Disputes Team for offshore and onshore team members. Reconciled daily general ledger to make sure no items went over 60 days in age.
• Played an integral role by filling in for out of office team members to ensure department stayed within all Regulatory Guidelines.
• Processed claims to merchant based on details of customers dispute
• Investigated and researched customers inquiry to confirm transaction was unauthorized KYC Services / Quality Assurance (2011-2013)
Checked quality of work submitted by production analyst. Supported production analyst to ensure documentation provided met all regulatory requirements. Provided feedback to production analyst when something needed to be updated, changed or removed.
• Assisted team leads by working on special projects as assigned.
• Ensured all KYC profiles had required documentation based on profile type
• Returned account profiles back to the production analyst if all required documents not attached to profile.
• Ensured that the assigned risk rating for profile was accurate for the account reviewing. Training Administrative Team (2009-2011)
Advised new employees and customers in use of complex systems, procedures and policies, enhancing overall productivity and quality. Monitored new and seasoned employees’ phone calls daily and provided feedback during coaching sessions. Supported managers while on vacation, leave of absence by providing assistance for respective team member’s staff. Conducted weekly team meetings to review new updates to procedures or identify issues that impacted customers. Handled escalated calls if situation was not able to be resolved to customers’ satisfaction.
• Communicated departmental procedures/policies for all new hires in training
• Coached and developed new hires and seasonal phone representatives
Client Services Specialist (2007-2009)
Assisted merchants with responses to customer concerns or questions with 24 hours turn-around time. Resolved customer inquiries through email, phone, or in writing. Provided support to customer service team members regarding an escalated situation.
• Developed update to procedure or policy for customer service team to better assist customers.
• One on one attention to our merchants to ensure prompt responses to escalated complaints PAGE 2 DAVID BITNER
• Rapport with individuals for each merchant to establish a comfortable relationship Merchant Contact (2006-2007)
Handled incoming phone calls from specific merchants to resolve dispute or concern that customer had on account. Responded to customers in writing with resolution to dispute or claim. Identified problems found on customer accounts and relayed information to corporate office.
• One on one service for each merchant to help expediate a specific dispute
• Reached out to customers to help resolve the dispute at hand
• Reached out to corporate offices for each merchant to assist in resolving to customers dispute OTHER RELATED EXPERIENCE
Customer Service Phones Representative
Diploma, Concord High School, Wilmington, DE
• MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes
• HSBC Department Specific Systems, i.e. Champs, Whirl, FDR and First Dispute(Data) CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES