SCOTT ORENSTEIN, MBA
917-***-**** email@example.com New York, NY 10021
Global Organizational Transformation Executive
Business Development Operational Leadership Revenue Generation
Accomplished executive and dynamic leader with hands-on experience defining and driving global business brand strategies forward. Proven record steering and delivering major organizational transformations, and innovative solutions for global initiatives of industry-leading organizations.
Thrives in diverse environments with ability to navigate ever-changing business needs, improve consumer engagement, and continuously drive profitability. Skilled at concisely defining targets, steering growth through tactical negotiations, account and partnership defense, and continuously developing and managing new business year-over-year.
• Recognized in industry for Subject Matter Expertise for Retail, Fashion, & Luxury brands across retail, wholesale, brick & mortar, & e-commerce platforms, including Footwear, Apparel, Accs., Men, Women, & Kids.
• Adept at cultivating partnerships and building trusted relationships across global business sectors, including executive-level communications within leading organizations.
• Unparalleled ability to ensure a high level of brand performance standards, while simultaneously developing and achieving multi-million dollar revenues, as well as enhancing operations focused on business solutions and client engagement.
• Experience complemented by an MBA in Finance and entrepreneurial mindset.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Brand & Product Development – Strategic Planning – Store Operations – Channel Marketing – Presentations – P&L Leadership – Client Relations – Contract Negotiations – Global Licensing – Team Management – Brand Performance Partnership Development – Sales & Marketing – Subject Matter Expertise – Program Development – Digital & Social Media
GREAT OAKS VENTURE CAPITAL – New York, NY 2014 to Present
Senior Retail Advisor & Marketing Digital Strategist Start-Ups Hands-on strategist, and a key member of the executive team, managing retail, digital, e-commerce initiatives. Specifically early seed stage fashion brands, for this innovative VC firm bringing together highly successful executives, to identify and build early seed-stage online start-ups. Accurately define targets and drive company through tactical negotiations, account and partnership defense, and continuously maintaining key partnerships. Directly develop and maintain new business year- over-year with 70% of all initial investments passing the 3-year business mark and 50% turning a profit.
• Generated $40MM along with additional funding to successfully strengthened 10 specific investments by quickly identifying business trends allowing the companies to maximize current and future growth potential.
• Reduced business risk, ensured true cost efficiencies, improved accuracy of forecasting by +18% by implementing targeted digital operational processes with clear milestones to ensure initial objectives were met.
• Substantially slashed website cart abandonment by 63% by developed targeted strategies, including adding live chat and Facebook messenger.
• Deliver a 22%+ increase for various investments in operational margins by restructuring professional fees.
• Served as Subject Matter Expert in guiding several companies to increase online web visits by 90% against projections by rolling out new social platforms.
• Eliminated significant redundancies and conflicts between traditional and digital marketing plans by emphasizing clear cost benefits with 40% savings over budget.
BRENDA & EDDIE - ROCK OUR T-SHIRTS – New York, NY & Liverpool, UK 2014 to 2016
Founder & Start-Up Entrepreneur
Curated an exclusive collection of authentic, rare, premium quality, officially licensed t-shirts and hoodies as a self-funded e- commerce business. Utilized vast prior experience to successfully purchase and develop products in the UK resulting in achieving original strategy and a company buy-out two years after opening the business. Notable Achievements:
• Maximized ROI and exceeded sales and profits original forecast by 30% through higher OTD’s and unique marketing initiatives.
• Gained exclusive licenses industry-pioneers, such as: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Iron Maiden, Queen and The Cure; and developed and executed limited edition licensed vintage two-sided tour t- shirts called, “Tours That Rocked The World”.
o Substantially exceeded plan by 73% in 6 months accounting for 30% of total volume vs. original plan of 20% for tour t-shirts.
• Significantly reduced social media costs by 65% on Facebook alone, by leveraging specific artist communities to focus advertising dollars to the most precise targeted audiences. o Accumulated 780K+ followers on 7 social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest within the first 18 months.
• Strategically introduced concept of Band Parties to the tune of $440K by offering exclusive The Beatles and The Rolling Stones product for individuals who wanted party favors for symbolic adult parties.
PVH CORPORATION – New York, NY 1994 to 2014
President & COO – GH Bass 2001 to 2014
Adeptly drove results by tactically recreating a clear and defined brand vision for all footwear, apparel, and accessories sold through 208 diverse retail platforms, including outlet stores, e-commerce, and various wholesale accounts both domestically and internationally.
• Achieved 7 consecutive years of 4% to 7% comp increases, compared to prior years of 5% average decreases, resulting in restoring historic levels of profitability.
• Directly generated additional $30M in sales by developing Bass Earth, a new outdoor lifestyle category, in Footwear, Apparel, and Accessories for Men and Women.
• Successfully delivered an additional $20M in sales over previous 4 years by developing and implementing a top 30 store strategy based on geographic, demographics, and overall size of the stores resulting in a 16%+ comp increase and 7%+ higher OTD.
• Recognized for singlehandedly creating the most successful product value campaign, “Buy One Get Two Free”, in the history of the company resulting in $18M sales increase within 4 months; generating incremental margin dollars of $7.2M; and requiring a 180K+ purchase of additional women’s boots within a 90-day window.
EVP & GMM – Geoffrey Beene 1994 to 2001
Directly steered unprecedented financial turn-around in PVH history by delivering a $12M financial change across a 5 year period resulting in transitioning the division from losing $2M to delivering a $10M profit. Drove key strategic initiatives ranging from Brand DNA, product offerings, sourcing and design calendars with specific milestones, customer focus groups, and closing of non-productive stores. Led a high performance collaborative team that allowed me to promote 4 individuals based on this turnaround.
• Successfully navigated record turnaround by strategically planning and executing a complete makeover of the brand.
• Captured $30M+ in licensing agreements at a 8% royalty across neckwear, hosiery, and fragrance categories contributed to the bottom line brand success brand and overall perception by the consumer.
EARLY PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
VP & DMM, WOMEN’S SPORTSWEAR, COATS & SUITS FOR LORD & TAYLOR – New York, NY
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA), FINANCE, UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD OBTAINED DEGREE IN 1-YEAR VS. 2-YEAR TIME FRAME
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BS), MARKETING, UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD BARNEY BUSINESS SCHOOL HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE, UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD FIRST STUDENT INDUCTED INTO THE BARNEY BUSINESS SCHOOL HALL OF FAME - 2013
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & CHARITY WORK
FORMER BOARD MEMBER, MADISON SQUARE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB HOPE AND OPPORTUNITY AWARD RECIPIENT
FORMER BOARD MEMBER, FOOTWEAR DISTRIBUTORS RETAIL ASSOCIATION (FDRA) FORMER BOARD MEMBER, TWO TEN FOOTWEAR FOUNDATION DELIVERED RECORD-BREAKING $120K AS CHAIRPERSON OF THE ANNUAL HOLIDAY DINNER
PVH CARES FOUNDATION APPOINTED BY CEO TO MANAGE AND DISTRIBUTE $35M OF GRANTS TO ORGANIZATIONS SUPPORTING WOMEN AND CHILDREN: SAVE THE CHILDREN, MADISON SQUARE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB, JOE TORRE SAFE FOUNDATION, AND GRAND CENTRAL NYC HOMELESS SHELTER.
PHILANTHROPIC FOUNDATION CREATOR, BRENDA & EDDIE – ROCK OUR T-SHIRTS / INSPIRATION NATION RECRUITED HEATHER MITTS, A 3-T IME US WOMEN’S SOCCER OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST & RAISED $130K FOR JILLIAN LOYDEN FOUNDATION
REPRESENTATIVE, NATIONAL STUDENT LEADERSHIP ASSOCIATION (NSLA) NOMINATED BY US SENATOR JOE LIEBERMANN (CT); SPEAKER AT FORDHAM UNIVERSITY TO 400+ STUDENTS ON VARIOUS LEADERSHIP TOPICS, AND TO BUILD AN ALUMNI BASE.