New York, NY 10023 email@example.com
Commercial attorney and procurement professional with expertise in technology agreements, engineering/construction contracts, federal procurement, international/cross-border agreements, contract negotiations, policy development, compliance, and global sourcing. Legal expert in FAR procurement requirements, contract claims, cost/price issues, technology/IP, software/development licensing, FCPA, ITAR/export restrictions, and design-build with extensive experience at Fortune 100 corporations, global financial firms, technology start-ups and US government agencies. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, New York, NY 2015-Present
Director, Service Agreements
Draft, negotiate and manage all service agreements for the university, including IT services, data systems development, mobile app creation, software licenses, professional services, international agreements, and cloud services agreements.
Draft custom agreements for projects and develop revised template agreements for university-wide use. Work with risk management, treasury, HR, tax, internal counsel and finance to ensure compliance with rules, regulations and policies on all purchasing transactions. Handle issues including data privacy, HIPPA, FERPA, HITECH, PHI, PCI, IP, and international transactions. Manage a team of four contract officers to process requisitions and contracts PARSONS BRINCKERHOFF, New York, NY 2007-2015
AVP, Senior Associate Counsel, Contracting Officer Contracting officer developing, negotiating and drafting technology, engineering and construction contracts. Member of senior leadership team for the company’s largest project. Executed due diligence on contracts, risk management, pricing and liabilities for merger of PB and Balfour Beatty. Develop corporate legal policy guidance and training on contract development, management and compliance Manage ADR of disputed claims through mediation and arbitration. Provide subject matter expertise on cost data, pricing, FAR issues, ITAR, HR and commercial terms.
JPMORGAN CHASE, New York, NY 2005-2007
Vice President, Strategic Sourcing
Draft, negotiate and manage agreements for outsourced/offshore technology services, travel services, online data services, mortgage services, audio-visual services, construction and logistics services in support of corporate departments and lines of business.
• Lead outsourcing/offshoring projects, draft and negotiate international BPO agreements for technology services.
• Negotiated consulting and development agreements for new customer transaction and security platform.
• Lead cross-functional teams to execute sourcing projects, conduct RFP’s, negotiate agreements, resolve contract issues and develop cost-effective solutions with vendors.
• Team with HR, Payroll, GCO and external counsel to resolve outsourcing contract issues.
• Manage sourcing projects and approvals in Ariba-based online system. Ken Campbell
AMERICAN EXPRESS, New York, NY 2003-2005
Draft, negotiate and manage agreements for technology hardware and services, training services, consulting services, software development, global relocation services and HR outsourcing.
• Collaborate with various GCO staff to resolve contract issues and develop solutions with vendors.
• Team with HR, Payroll, GCO and external counsel to resolve HR outsourcing contract problems.
• Provide contract interpretation and advice to GP HR & Transportation Ops team. COMPUTER ASSOCIATES (CA), New York, NY 2000-2003
Director of Strategic Business Alliances
Identified external companies to develop product integrations that delivered added sales and business development
Drafted and negotiated development technology development projects, licenses, nondisclosure agreements, partnership agreements and marketing materials for strategic partner program.
• Led joint development and marketing projects for launch of data security product suite.
• Established a profitable alliance with a major competitor to meet critical interoperability needs.
• Led team to develop same-day support of AMD's 64-bit processor and enhance CA brand prominence at AMD's product launch.
METIOM, INC., New York, NY 1999-2000
Business Development Manager
Drafted and negotiated alliances with partners for epurchasing software products and services.
• Developed a product specification procedure that eliminated redundant development effort and cost
• Defined financial systems functionalities to meet customer requirements for Metiom product releases AMERICAN EXPRESS, New York, NY 1995-1999
Manager, Procurement/Contracts Consulting
Negotiated and managed global agreements for outsourcing, data systems, software licensing, office equipment, facilities and telecommunications.
• Provided legal support for global procurement organization.
• Negotiated and drafted agreements for goods and services including PC's, copiers, copy centers, facilities, telecommunications and software licenses.
• Developed procurement consulting practice for American Express to sell as a service to external customers
• Negotiated outsourcing contracts for copy centers, mail rooms, fitness centers and IT services that delivered ongoing savings.
• Developed software licenses for new point-of-sale merchant tools. U. S. GOVERNMENT, DEPT. OF DEFENSE, New York, NY and Alexandria, VA 1979-1994 Contracting Officer
Negotiated and managed contracts for high-tech systems and supplies from global contractors.
• Negotiated millions of dollars in savings with settlements of contracts terminated following Desert Storm.
• Developed manufacturing cost savings for US Navy's lightweight torpedo program.
• Negotiated major provisions for U.S. Government's largest laptop computer acquisition.
• Audited costs at defense contractor's ring-laser gyro production plant. EDUCATION & HONORS
JD, New York Law School, New York, NY - Human Rights Journal, American Jurisprudence Award BA in Communications, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA - Dean's List, University Honors Program