Director of Design + Construction December 2013-February 2018
XpresSpa LLC, New York, NY
• Created, developed, and maintained the corporate brand identity.
• Conceived branded design elements for both spa design and product packaging/collateral.
• Completed over 35 new locations in domestic and international airports. Opened company’s 1st non-airport location at the World Trade Center Oculus in New York City.
• Developed and implemented new mobile concepts for manicure and neck/back massage at the gate, attributing to an additional $3M of gross sales.
• Reviewed new real estate locations and provides project test fits with design schematics for RFP presentations.
• Direct relationships with business partners and prime landlords to insure design controls, project timelines are met, provide effective communication, and budget goals attained.
• Enhanced controls in project management systems to increase efficiency with outside vendors and consultants.
• Relocated the headquarters during the merger with Form Holdings. Director of Construction December 2012-September 2013 SoulCycle LLC, New York, NY
• Lead the development and construction of all SoulCycle projects from site selection to turnover to operations including the openings of 14 new studios and the construction/relocation of the SoulCycle headquarters.
• Administered general contractors, landlords, vendors and municipalities. Coordinated all efforts between parties involved on a daily basis.
• Responsible for maintaining, overseeing, tracking, evaluating, and refining the overall construction budget and schedules including progress reporting on capital expenditures.
• Built, managed and mentored a team of project managers. Director, Global Commercial Division August 2008-November 2012 Innovative Stone/Innovative Global Brands LLC, Hauppauge, NY
• Managed the procurement of natural stone and tile, both domestic and international, for client projects totaling $17M annually, with a staff of 3 project managers and 3 account managers.
• Responsible for the client projects from material selection, to pre-construction through project closeout.
• Coordinated the supply and installation of storefront, interior tile, dimensional stone, and exterior paving for retail and hospitality clients Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, Victoria’s Secret, La Senza, Bath and Body Works, Claire’s, Barney’s NY, Ralph Lauren, Disney Stores, Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, Macy’s, Coach, Kenneth Cole, La Mer, New York & Company, Abercrombie, Hollister, Omega Watches, Breguet Watches, Tourbillon Watches, Municipal Credit Union, Lane Bryant, W Hotels, The Ames Hotel, Starbucks and Simon Properties.
• As Gap Inc. expanded their business in China, we helped to complete the projects with the supply and fabrication of flooring, stairs, and storefronts for the first 4 flagship stores in Beijing, Hong Kong, and Shanghai.
• Partnered with Claire’s stores, to develop new products and distribution system throughout Europe as they expanded to over 85 new cities.
• Established a WOFE in China to serve our clients growing needs in this region and held a seat on the board of directors as General Manager. Senior Project Manager August 2007-August 2008
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spas, Stamford, CT
• Managed spa design and renovation projects totaling $2M in Chevy Chase, DC and Tysons Corner, VA.
• Coordinated lease agreements and responsible for tracking/collection of TI.
• Added 1,550 square feet to Chevy Chase for an employee locker/lounge, (3) additional treatment rooms, a regional training room, and a consolidated laundry facility.
• Developed new manicure-pedicure and hair station concept and implemented design in new/renovated locations.
Experienced design and
construction professional with
a demonstrated history in
retail, hospitality, health &
wellness, and fitness
industries. Skilled in AutoCAD,
retail design, project
renovations, and team
building. Strong operations
professional with an acute
attention to detail.
Design + Construction Professional
59 Rockhill Road
Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
Senior Project Manager August 2004-August 2007
Starwood Hotels & Resorts/Blissworld LLC, New York, NY
• Managed spa design and construction projects for Bliss Spas and Remede Spas to insure brand identity in San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Scottsdale, Hoboken, Atlanta, Deer Valley, Hong Kong, and New York, with budgets ranging from $30k to $8M.
• Strategized with developers to leverage their construction costs and defined new levels of developer financial input.
• Brought down initial construction costs from $650/sf to $425/sf by working closely with consultants and contractors.
• Initiated new criteria for a smaller sub-3,000 sf spa concept.
• Developed new Spa Townhouse concept for urban downtown St. Regis Hotels.
• Responsible for the relocation of the 30,000 sf corporate headquarters, including lease agreement, space planning, delivering the project on a budget of $325/sf on schedule, and overseeing the design, construction, and relocation. Project Director, Vice President August 1993-May 2004 Tucci Segrete & Rosen Consultants, New York, NY
• Responsible for the store planning and design for retail clients: Bloomingdale’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, The Body Shop, Eaton’s, The May Company, and Printemps.
• Successfully completed 21 Saks Fifth Avenue stores in the US and the first in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
• Completed projects all throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Middle East.
• Directed projects through all stages of planning, merchandising, design, and production.
• Oversaw final documentation with project architect, coordinated bids, negotiated contracts as a client representative, and coordinated construction items at the site.
• Supervised the teams of production, design, and color & materials.
• Developed new store planning concepts with retailer’s merchandising team and designers.
• Worked with clients to develop scope of work and create a comprehensive budget.
• Designed various prototyped fixturing for clients.
• Increased office client base by preparing and delivering presentations for prospective new clients, as well lecturing at industry events.
Showroom Project Designer July 1990-August 1993
IKEA US Inc, Hicksville, NY
• Initial space planning for store openings.
• Redesigned individual room furnishings and selected finishes. Increased sales by introducing new display techniques.
• Analyzed and revised current signage system for implementation.
• Assisted in the introduction of a new kitchen product line by creating a prototype showroom concept for US store rollout.
University of Maryland, College Park 1986-1990
Bachelor of Science, Interior Design
3.85 GPA. Independent study in AutoCad 3D development. Served as the student representative to the industry for the university Interior Design program. President of the student ASID from 1987 to 1990.
• In 2004, I was one of 4 members of Tucci, Segrete, & Rosen that were contracted to develop a Retail Design Group within the firm Mancini Duffy. While I was there briefly, I was able to manage the initial stages of design development for Holt Renfrew in Toronto. I was also able to assist in capturing past clients such as Bloomingdale’s and Saks Fifth Avenue.
• Deputy Chairman of the Village of East Hills Architectural Review Board. Instrumental in the creation of the charter and have resided on the board since 2007.
• Supporter and Fundraiser for CureSMA. Our team has raised over $50k for the Greater NY Chapter.
Adobe Creative Suite