John (Jack) B. McPartlen
Hudson, MA. 01749 Email:email@example.com
Manager, Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Hollingsworth and Vose February 2017 to Present
I am responsible for overall EHS leadership and integration of programs at the Hollingsworth and Vose site in West Groton MA.
-Develops and implements a Continuous Improvement process by partnering with the engaged union and management leadership, by H&V guiding principles to deliver an improved working environment and sustained business performance.
-Leads the deployment of the H&V Operating System (HVOS), focused on our Values, Guiding Principles, Process Excellence, Continuous Improvement, Leadership and Engagement of our People and a determined focus on the Customer.
-Develops and builds not only their own direct reports capabilities, but is responsible for being active in building great leadership and high engaged and capable employees across the business.
-Lead proactive engagement of all union employees and managers as required to maintain compliance with various EHS regulations, contribute to injury free initiatives, direct shift safety leads, risk identification and mitigation systems.
-Oversee implementation of a comprehensive, effective Occupational Health and Safety Program encompassing all work areas through relevant training, awareness, employee involvement, communication, job hazard analysis and audits.
-Lead proactive injury free awareness communications and campaigns; work site hazards, ergonomics, slip, trip, fall, etc.
-Develops and supports achievement of EHS performance metrics. Reviews progress with Site Manager, EHS Steering Committee, and Union Joint Safety Health Committee to ensure a high degree of achievement.
Manager, Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Raytheon Company April 2005 to February 2017
I was responsible for overall EHS compliance, leadership, development and integration of programs at the Raytheon Cross Business Integration Center in Billerica, MA. And Missile Defense Center in Woburn, MA.
-Led proactive engagement of all employees (IDS and Corporate) as required to maintain compliance with various EHS regulations, contribute to Injury Free initiatives, OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), and OSHA ORIR world class injury rate of less than .50.
-Led both Raytheon Billerica and Woburn centers as Star Certified OSHA VPP sites.
-Overseen implementation of a comprehensive, effective Occupational Health and Safety Program encompassing all work areas through relevant training, awareness, employee involvement, communication, job hazard analysis and audits.
-Led proactive injury free awareness communications and campaigns; work site hazards, ergonomics, slip, trip, fall, etc.
-Developed and supported achievement of EHS performance metrics. Reviews progress with Center Operations Manager, EHS Steering Committee, and Mission Center Executive Team to ensure a high degree of achievement.
-Certified as a Raytheon 6Sigma Specialist.
-Led ergonomics program and promote ergonomic awareness throughout center.
-Served co-lead to the IDS Resource Management Team; support and direct team efforts to achieve solid waste reduction goals and recycling goals.
-Achieved Zero Office Waste initiative at Billerica and Woburn centers in 2012.
-One of IDS leads and facilitator to Serving Up Sustainability Program with internal and external stakeholders.
-Represented IDS and Corporate teams to drive pollution prevention and sustainable initiatives.
-Assisted with Operations programs (Energy, GHG reduction etc.) and goals at center.
Environmental Engineer Shipley Company November 2001 to March 2005
I was responsible for environmental regulatory reporting and hazardous waste management at Shipley corporate headquarters in Marlborough, Massachusetts, which employed over 750 members at this specialty chemical manufacturing facility.
- Completed monthly facility-wide air emission and hazardous waste tracking following all regulatory obligations.
- Investigated potential pollution prevention opportunities and maintain Toxics Use Reduction Plan.
- Verified ISO 14001 EMS compliance by performing audits on Manufacturing, R&D, Pilot Plant, Warehouses and overall facility.
- Managed comprehensive inventory database for chemical releases to all media (air, water, hazardous waste shipped off site).
- Regularly trained Shipley employees on multiple regulatory compliance and awareness training (including Facilities, Warehouse Personnel, Manufacturing, R&D, and Office Personnel, etc.
- Aided in the development of a new hazardous waste module database within SAP software.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Department of Environmental Protection
Quality Assurance Auditor Air Assessment Branch May 1996 to November 2001
(Environmental Analyst II)
I was responsible for training and supervision of both internal and external personnel in order to ensure Quality Assurance (QA) objectives. Lead field auditor for state, which included climbing 300 foot stacks, meteorological towers, and auditing private and state air monitoring facilities. My primary duties include:
- Ensured QA of data and monitoring procedures for carbon monoxide and particulate-matter studies conducted with the Central Artery, “Big Dig” Project.
- Member of the Wall Experiment Station Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Represented the department at meetings of administrative councils, local, state, and federal agencies.
- Reviewed and interpreted data reports, applying federal EPA and department rules, regulations and precepts.
- Provided technical expertise, training, information and equipment to internal as well as external entities.
- Observed numerous third party CEM audits across state and applied regulations, CFR 40 Part 75, 60, & 3.10 CMR 7.00.
- Conducted performance and systems audits on air quality stations and monitors throughout the state applying CFR 40 Part 58.
- Conducted database updates and reviews of industrial source data, inspecting for compliance with EPA regulations.
- Reviewed and updated department Standard Operational Procedures (SOP’s) and methodologies.
Field Technician Laidlaw Environmental Services August 1995 to May 1996
I performed fieldwork decontaminating hazardous waste sites and industrial equipment throughout New England. Duties included proper handling of hazardous waste, labeling waste streams, and repairing equipment. Other duties included:
- Involved with the remediation and cleanup of hazardous waste sites including waste oil.
- Achieved working knowledge of pollution control processes such as; bag-houses, electrostatic precipitators and cyclones.
- Set up Household Hazardous Waste Days to properly collect and dispose of municipalities’ hazardous waste.
- Aided in preparing required paperwork and equipment for each Household Hazardous Waste Day.
- Strictly followed NIOSH guidance, OSHA, and DOT regulations.
Education University of Massachusetts at Lowell, Masters in Work Environment received May 2008 - specialty in Cleaner Production-Pollution Prevention.
Framingham State College; Framingham, Massachusetts- Bachelor of Arts in Geography received May 1995-Concentration in Environmental Science.
Computer Skills Have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint.
Certifications CPR and First Aid Certified by Red Cross. Forty Hour, Hazardous Waste Worker Training and Eight Hour Re-certification by OSHA, Forty Hour OSHA General Industry trained, maintain current RCRA & DOT certifications.
Awards 2012 Raytheon Innovation Excellence Award winner, Team co-lead to 2011 EPA Waste Wise Partner of the Year Award. Team member to 2010 Mass Recycle Award for IDS New England Centers, Team member to 2010 Toxic Use Reduction award for IDS. 2009 EHS Corporate Sustainability Award, 2008 EHS Corporate Excellence Award, 2008 EHS Corporate Sustainability Award, 2008 Raytheon Corporate EHS Audit received score of 97, and corresponding Achievement Award. 2007 EPA Waste Wise Gold Achievement Award – IDS Regional RM Team, 2007 Metro West/495 Transportation Management Association Award for Highest Carpooling Increase – NCS Marlborough site, 2007 Raytheon Corporate Environmental Stewardship Award. 2006 EPA Waste Wise Partner of the Year Award – Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) Regional RM Team.
Memberships Past Chairman of the Metro West/495 Transportation Management Association, Member of Marlborough, MA. Local Emergency Planning Commission with City of Marlborough, MA, New England Chapter National Association of Environmental Managers (NECNAEM), Associated Industries of Massachusetts (AIM), past membership with Northeast Business Environmental Network (NBEN), and Central MA. Business Environmental Network (CMBEN).