Stephanie L. Deriso
Objective To obtain a position as a Physical Therapist Assistant in a successful, team orientated practice.
Experience Physical Therapist Assistant
Optimum Wellness Center, Lehigh Acres, FL
September 2015 - PRESENT
● Treated patients with a wide variety of diagnosis of all ages, including post-op patients, in an outpatient setting.
● Worked with Aquatic patients who were unable to tolerate exercise on land, and progressed them to land based exercises.
● Treated workers compensation patients and performed work simulated task to return the patients to their prior level of function. Physical Therapist Assistant
Lee Memorial Health Systems, Gulf Coast Hospital
June 2012 - August 2015
● Assisted in organizing and running the Joint Center for total joints.
● Responsible for communicating between Doctors, RN, Case Managers and the Physical Therapist about the patient's progress.
● Worked on the Neurological floor with stroke patients and post op spinal surgerys. Also worked on the surgical care unit and ICU step down unit. Physical Therapist Assistant
Sports Speciality and Rehab, Lehigh Acres, FL
November 2007 - June 2012
● Worked with patients of all ages and a variety of diagnosis in outpatient setting.
● Responsible for following a protocol and progressing the patient with exercises and activities, to prepare the patient to return to their prior level of function.
● Communicating with doctors, adjuster and nurse case managers about the patient's progress and discharge plan.
Physical Therapist Assistant
Lee Memorial Health System, The Rehab Hospital
June 2006 - November 2007
● Presented with the opportunity to work closely with a variety of patients including: spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, cancer patients, stroke patients and orthopedic patients.
● I was part of a interdisciplinary team meeting with the Doctors, Nurse Case Managers and the Charge Nurse once a week to discuss the progress and discharge plans of the patients.
Education Broward Community College, Fort Lauderdale, FL AS in Physical Therapy Assistant
● Graduated: May 2006
References References are available on request