Arneth A. Powell
I am seeking a position that will utilize my academic and professional knowledge, my previous work experience and skills. My career reflects strong work ethic, leadership, competency and dedication; excellent verbal and written communications skills.
05/2010 – 06/2016 – NY urological Associates - Surgical Coordinator New York, NY
• Coordinated surgeries for 9-10 physicians
• Communicated with physicians regarding their schedules
• Obtained authorization from insurance companies for surgeries, CT- scans, MRI and in-office procedures
• Communicated with patients to coordinate surgery date, arrange for pre-op testing,pre/post-op visits as per individual physician protocol
• Contact referring physicians prior to surgery to obtain pre-op orders needed for H&P or medical clearance
• Endures all pre-op orders are created and faxed to appropriate facility/hospital including labs, EKG, CXR, urine testing and other testing required per physician protocol.
• Meet and communicate with patient’s prior surgery to go over consent, surgical estimates, insurance authorization and out of pocket cost prior to surgery.
04/09 - 03/10 - Beth Israel Medical Center - Urology Department New York, NY
• Obtain authorizations for patients undergoing surgery, radiological and office procedures
• Charge posting and payment posting for insurance companies and self pay patients
• Verified eligibility, coverage, benefits and referrals for doctor visits
• Worked on all insurance denials and rejections
01/05 - 10/07 - The Educational Alliance, Inc. - Administrative Assistant New York, NY
• Entered charges and registrations for new members
• Handled withdrawals, cancelations and refunds
• Supervised supplies ordering and distribution for the company
• Entered class description and costs into computer system and website
• Supervised employees projects
07/02-01/05 - The Educational Alliance, Inc. - Fitness Monitor New York, NY
• Maintained rules and safety for fitness center
• Answered members questions on basic fitness
• Manage payments and payment plans
• Excellent work ethics
• Proficient in customer service responsibility
• Experience and effective multitasking with superior office skills
• Fast learner and works extremely well under pressure.
Knowledge in MDE, IDX, ONTRAC, EAGLE, Excel, PowerPoint, MMF, Microsoft Word, ICD-9 CM, ICD-10,CPT 4 Coding Health Insurance Claims Processing, Medical Manager
2008-2009 / Sanford Brown Institute / Medical Billing and Coding
2001-2003 / Long Island University / Sociology
1998-2001 / Washington Irving High School