www.linkedin.com/in/sagarbhatia04 • firstname.lastname@example.org SUMMARY
• Graduate Student majored in Mechanical Engineering specialized in Mechanical Design and Thermofluids.
• Solid command of technologies, tools and best practices in designing mechanical equipment using SolidWorks, CATIA V5 and ANSYS.
• Proven ability to create cost-effective, cutting-edge design that meets project and product specifications. EDUCATION
Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA Sep 2015 - Sep 2017 Bachelor of Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Vellore Institute of Technology, India Aug 2010- July 2014 SKILLS/CORE COMPETENCIES
• SolidWorks, AutoCAD, CATIA V5 • Finite Element Analysis
• MATLAB, ANSYS, SimVascular, HyperMesh • Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
• ANSA, Icepak, Star-CCM+
• Heat Transfer
• Solid Mechanics and Fluid Dynamics
• Computational Fluid Dynamics
• Design and Development • Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) WORK EXPERIENCE
Mechanical Design Engineer-Intern July 2017-Present SunMan Engineering, Inc. San Jose, California.
• Utilize SolidWorks to design the mechanical component for new products.
• Redesigned the problematic components to meet the product specifications and costumer’s expectations.
• Performs dynamic/static simulations using ANSYS-Fluent and SolidWorks Simulations packages.
• Responsible for designing and analyzing the design at both component level and assembly level.
• Reduced cost and lead time by collaborating with a machine shop to create custom component with complex geometries. Manufacturing Engineer- Intern Dec 2012-Jan 2013
Uno Minda (Lighting Div.), Haryana, India.
• Learned the practical aspects of manufacturing for Injection Moulding.
• Developed CAD drawings for tail lamp of 4-wheeler automotive.
• Closely coordinated with cross-functional departments like moulding, paint shop and assembly line to ensure smooth and efficient working of each department as an individual and together. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Influence of Slippery Pacemaker Leads on Lead-Induced Venous Occlusion (Thesis)
• Modeled a slippery surface that repels complex fluids including blood, explored computationally how local flow structures of microfluids may alter in the regions around the leads inside blood veins.
• Performed simulations using SimVascular to visualize medical imaging data, modeling and meshing for various test cases.
• Computed theoretical values for velocity and Wall Shear Stress for ideal geometries and compared with numerical results using MATLAB to verify the numerical results.
• Studied the changes in velocity and Wall Shear Stress contours at different location of blood veins around the lead with and without slippery conditions.
• Chosen to present at 69th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Portland, OR, November 2016. Modification in a variable venture carburetor (Design Project)
• Designed a designated subsidiary needle and jet arrangement using SolidWorks, to get extra fuel in the combustion chamber for situations like cold start and high performance.
• Analyzed for the flow rate for different working conditions using ANSYS-Fluent.
• Got an increased flow rate of fuel for better performance. Power Generating By-cycle (Hardware Project)
• Coupled a dynamometer with the rear wheel of a by-cycle with dynamo-meter and coupled an inverter to the dynamo-meter to stabilize the power output.
• Generated 12volts output, with the ability to charge a mobile phone and other small appliances. Compressed Air Motor (Design Project)
• Designed a rotating type compressed air engine using SolidWorks.
• Analyzed the stress, strain and torsion on the blades using ANSYS.
• Prototyped the scaled version of Compressed Air Motor.