VIVEK J. PATEL
**** *** ****** ***#** Huntington, WV 25701
M: +1-929-***-**** Email: email@example.com
Actively Seeking full time opportunities in the field of Mechanical Engineering with an interest in Manufacturing, Designing, Quality and Testing.
• Forward Thinking Mechanical Engineer with 2+ years of professional experience in Manufacturing, Production, and Productivity Improvement.
• Ability to problem solving and critical thinking, good mechanical aptitude; Strong team Collaboration and Communication skill; Enthusiastic to learn new skill and achieve project goals.
• Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Marshall University, Huntington WV
(3.33/4.0) May 2018
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Gujarat Technological University, INDIA
(3.00/4.0) May 2016
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Gujarat Technological University, INDIA (3.33/4.0) May 2012
• Software Skill: Auto-cad, Solid works, MS- Office.
• Technical Skill: Product Design, Operation Research, Quality Improvement, Reliability, Continuous Process improvement, Different manufacturing processes.
• Mechanical skill: Welding, Machining process and its parameters, Assembly tooling, lathe, mechanical hand tools.
• Mechanical Measuring Instruments.
Hari Fabrication, Vadodara, India (August 2015– July 2016)
• Responsible for complete mechanical manufacturing process of Storage tank, Pressure Vessel, Diameter Fabricated Pipes, and different job works by taking care of welding, drilling, boring, shaping.
• Implement continuous process improvement, productivity, identify problems, cost savings and reduce defects.
• Solving problems in the shop floor by working closely with production people involved in fabrication, machining, assembly and testing areas.
• Also learned in detailed about various manufacturing process under supervision of Chief Production Engineer as a Mechanical Engineering Intern. SHREEJI Engineering works, Vadodara, India (March 2014– August 2015)
• Responsible for research and development of new products and manufacturing methods.
• Testing with appropriate instruments, disassembling and assembling, made necessary repairs, performed preventative Quality inspection of finished products.
• Properly used the lathe, drill press and other various machines to complete engineering designs as needed. Used basic hand, electric, cordless, and pneumatic tools.
• Worked with the Quality Control Department as Quality Engineering Intern which allowed to do raw material check and final check of the product. Research Experience:
MARSHALL UNIVERSITY (JAN 2017- MAY 2017)
• The primary objective of this research was to study Casting process and define problems that are occurred during the manufacturing process.
• In this research, submitted an appropriate solution for shrinkage and blowhole defects that can be helpful for better quality and defect free finished product, under the guidance of Dr. Almuatazbellah Boker (MARSHALL UNIVERSITY).
Noise and Vibration in vehicle engine (JAN 2018 - MAY2018)
• studied a traditional vehicle engine and came to know the reasons behind the noise and vibration problem occurrences under the guidance of Dr. Gang Chen (MARSHALL UNIVERSITY).
• Develop the values for mounting system by using Mat-lab code which are helpful to reduce the noise and vibration in engine.
Relevant Course Work:
Manufacturing Process, Advance Engineering Math’s – I&II, Nano Materials, Finite Element Analysis, Project Management, Research Methods, Advance Vibration Analysis, Operation Research.