Communications & Public Relations Professional
● Accomplished PR professional with 10+ years of experience in developing communications strategies in fast-paced agency and startup environments.
● Managed PR campaigns, product launches & corporate events for large, industry leading companies like Uber, Coca Cola & L’Oreal.
● Secured prominent placement of press releases, corporate stories and product information in top media outlets such as B BC, Forbes and C NN.
● Passionate about b uilding integrated communications programs that showcase the exceptional stories of extraordinary people and products.
Co-founder @ P ublicist inc.
August 2010 - Present
Led business development and client servicing functions and grew the company from a small start up business to one of the top corporate and digital communications agencies in the country.
● Advised the U ber executive management team on the best way to position and roll out the service in Egypt and managed the ride-sharing company’s media relations, reporter relationships and crisis communications. Results:
Successfully launched in 10 cities in two years.
Grew driver base to 40,000.
Positioned Cairo as the fastest growing city across Europe, Middle East & Africa.
● Led a project team in de signing and implementing a comprehensive PR campaign that used the art of storytelling to raise awareness about h earing loss. Results:
$1m raised in donations.
Supported 500+ children requiring cochlear implants.
Grew the initiative’s f acebook page to 650,000 followers in 4 months.
● Managed a nationwide communications campaign for R ise Up, the region's largest innovation and entrepreneurship summit. Results:
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Eligible to work in the US.
Social & digital media
SAMPLE CLIENT LIST
General Authority for Foreign
King Hussein Cancer Foundation
The Right to Live Association
Secured coverage in regional and international titles such as BBC, Sky News, Disrupt Africa, Entrepreneur and Forbes
Increased attendance by 40% YOY.
● Improved M ars employee engagement and participation in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives by 60%.
● Coached and m anaged a team of 8 high performing account executives.
Associate Director @ Hill + Knowlton Strategies
August 2008 - July 2010
Led agency teams, managed annual budgets and provided senior client counsel on a daily basis. Responsibilities also included providing strategic and creative direction on campaigns, launches, events and ongoing communications programs f or various government, financial and healthcare clients.
● Received formal recognition from the CEO for implementing an ambitious new business development strategy that translated into
$250K of new business in 2009.
● Led the global press office for the G eneral Authority for Foreign Investment. Results:
Received an Excellence Award for ‘Most Outstanding work in Global Account Management’.
Positioned Egypt as a safe and promising investment environment.
Secured coverage in top tier media outlets in 15 markets.
Achieved a 40% increase in foreign direct investment to the country.
● Ran a highly successful " training project" for two years that improved employee productivity by 70%.
Account Supervisor @ Hill & Knowlton
May 2005 -July 2008
● Successfully organized a gala dinner for the benefit of a regional cancer foundation. Proceeds amounted to $3 million.
● Increased lead generation by 25% for a client by coordinating participation in an IT trade show including space rental, booth design and marketing collateral production.
● Wrote press releases, arranged interviews and secured media placement in national, print and online publications, including Bloomberg and AP.
● Managed PR account for regional client, securing press coverage in more than 5 countries on release of their latest product. Protection Officer @ United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Intern @ Amnesty International S eptember - December 2000 Rise Up
7 for All Mankind
M.A in International Relations
King’s College London, University
of London, 2003
B.A in Political Science
The American University in Cairo,
Inbound Marketing Certification
Hubspot, San Francisco
Digital Marketing Certification
General Assembly, San Francisco
Yoga instructor for kids