J E R E M Y W A R E, Ed.M., L.M.S.W.
Jeremy Ware has been a highly-rated psychotherapist, group leader, teacher, and an Emmy-nominated documentary filmmaker. He is a Harvard-trained educator and an NYU-trained social worker, praised by supervisors and coworkers for dedication, energy, and passion.
Senior Addiction Counselor H azelden Betty Ford Foundation O ct 2014-present
● Tribeca 12 Men's Program leader and deputy supervisor for structured sober living program for 25 young adults (age 18-30) in recovery, in the high-performing New York branch of the largest and most respected not-for-profit addiction treatment program in the country.
● Nominated by supervisors and won national Spark Award 2015 for inspiring coworkers.
● Initiated a pilot program for life-saving Naloxone/Narcan education of families
● Advocated for and collaborated to create first-ever comprehensive medication guidelines.
● Solved longstanding problems like fraternization among residents, excess of meetings, non-compliance with smoking regulations, untidiness, and poor group attendance.
● Created tremendously successful alumni mentoring program, client-led community meetings, resident-of-the-month awards, buddy system for orientation, etc.
● Ran multiple groups, provided counseling, coordinated with clinicians and grateful families.
President J oseph H. and Florence A. Roblee Foundation N ov 2012-present
● Supervise executive director, manage 13 directors & budget for $18 million charitable foundation, winner of many awards for responsible philanthropy with youth and families.
● Re-elected unanimously to Presidency. Spearheaded a special initiative on preventing commercial sexual exploitation of children as well as a previous move for LGBTQ Group leader P arallax Center A ug 2012-April
● Run highly-rated and well-attended groups for men with substance abuse issues at the treatment center with highest success rate in NY State (70%, twice national average). Psychotherapist TriBeCa Therapy M arch 2013-Feb 2014
● Provided evidence-based psychotherapy for 36 patients, including adults, couples, children. Patients’ love for our working relationship was evidenced by my extraordinarily high rate of retention, including 32 of final 33 intakes (97%), including 100% of
Assistant to Associate Dean of Academic Affairs N YUCD 2007- 2013
● Liaison between 1600 students and Academic Dean at largest, 3r d- ranked US dental school
● In my 1s t year on the job, student acceptance into the most competitive post-graduate programs in the country doubled. Student council honored me for excellent service.
● In my 2n d year, cut turn-around time on all student requests by two thirds.
● In my 3r d year, student scores on national boards set a 20-year record:98.6% pass rate. Next year, for the first time in history of the College, every student passed Part I board exam on 1st try, 4.7 points higher than national average. Won student appreciation award.
Clinical Intern I nter-Care, then Institute for Family Health (IFH) 2009- 2011
● Provided one-on-one weekly cognitive behavioral therapy to patients at IFH. My 12 patients averaged a 40.6% improvement on PHQ9 depression scores by end of treatment.
● Led short-term support group for substance abusers at Inter-Care, and case managed all clients. The group had one of the h ighest rates of attendance at Inter-Care.
● Proposed a tracking system for smoking rates, implemented agency-wide, to enable easy compliance with new state regulations. Was repeatedly asked to stay after internship. English Teacher Zhejiang University City College, CHINA 2006-2007
● Taught Academic Writing and English courses at a branch of the 4t h- ranked University in China, and guest-lectured in other courses. My tutoring sessions in the writing center were the highest-rated, and each week in my classes more students showed up. Profiled in local newspaper. Was offered a job as principal of a new school.
Associate Producer Loki Films, Inc . 2002- 2004
● Collaborated to create documentary film for PBS, “The Boys of Baraka,” about 3 struggling 12-year-olds from a Baltimore ghetto spending a year at a school in Kenya. Won prestigious ITVS Grant (POV)
● Film was short-listed for an Academy Award in November 2005, and nominated for an EMMY Award, September, 2007. Rave reviews from The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, NPR, New York Post, The Nation, Roger Ebert, etc. P resident Barack Obama’s favorite film. B ill Cosby recorded introduction for DVD.
● Harvard Graduate School of Education (my alma mater) required it for all incoming students. Entire Class of 2006 TYWLS East Harlem came to the NYC premiere.
● Winner: NAACP Image Award, Best Independent or Foreign Film, March 2006 Best Documentary, Atlanta Film Festival 2005, Chicago International Film Festival 2005, Newport International Film Festival 2005
Special Jury Award, South by Southwest Film Festival 2005 Teacher (N YC Board of Education) T he Young Women’s Leadership School 2000-2002
● Taught 8t h Grade English and History at innovative NYC public school. Permanently Certified English Teacher 7-12 in NY State, ranked #2 in the nation for public schools.
● TYWLS, East Harlem was ranked the #1 school in New York City in 2006 and has sent 100% of students to college 5 years in a row, though 4 out 5 students are 1s t- generation college students. Oprah Winfrey, Hillary Clinton, and Cory Booker spoke at graduations. New York Times honored my visiting author series. My students had 95% 1s t- time pass rate on statewide exams, when I left to associate-produce a documentary film. EDUCATION
New York University, M aster of Social Work Class of 2011
--Phi Alpha Honor Society member. GPA: 3.96
--Admitted to competitive 32-month program for professionals Harvard University, M aster of Education, Teaching and Curriculum
--Fiske Scholar (award for an outstanding graduate of Boston Latin School, one of the top public high schools in the country)
--Winner of the William Stoughton Scholarship
Brandeis University, B achelor of Arts, English, cum laude INTERESTS
Paper art, recording acoustic music, rooftop garden, baseball, Scrabble, Mensa member 6-46-338-**** firstname.lastname@example.org