Master of Science in Business Intelligence and Analytics, SIT
Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ 05/2018
• GPA: 3.89/4.0; Provost’s Master’s Fellowship Scholarship Recipient. 05/2017
• Relevant Courses: Multivariate Data Analytics, Social Network Analytics, Statistical Learning and Analytics, Web Mining, Financial Risk Management, and etc.
• MOOCs Certificates: SQL, Python.
Sichuan Agricultural University, Chengdu, China
Bachelor of Finance GPA: 3.65/4.0 06/2016
Tools: MS Office, Pivot Tables, Python, R, SQL, SAS-JMP, SAS, IBM Watson, Tableau. Techniques: Data Wrangling, Data Visualization, Data Mining, Programming, Web Scraping. Languages: Mandarin(native), English – verbal and written (professional working proficiency). PROJECTS
Zillow’s Home Value Prediction 09/2017-11/2017
• Applied descriptive analysis to get better understanding of business insights, conducted data imputation in 56 features with 3 million properties and lots of missing value, executed feature selection before building Ridge Regression, Gradient Boost, Xgboost to predict home value.
• Achieved the goal to improve prediction accuracy compared with Zillow’s estimation methods. Sentiment Analysis of Images & Comments on Twitter 04/2017-05/2017
• Predicted the emotion depicted by an image and text by using deep learning, random forest, CART, SVM, Logistic Regression and other algorithms, and obtained a descriptive sentence and a score from images and a sentiment decision of texts.
• Determined social media users’ attitude towards a real-time event and help execute coping strategy quickly.
Simplification of Amazon Products’ Reviews 04/2017-05/2017
• Scraped data from Amazon, performed sentiment analysis of reviews from Amazon products, and applied machine learning methods to improve prediction accuracy of whether reviews are helpful.
• Help Amazon simplify and leave with reviews which provide most important information to customers, providing consumers a more efficient online shopping environment, and increased consumers’ willing to buy.
Core Skills Analysis for Data Science Career Perspectives 10/2016-11/2016
• Gathered and cleaned the original unstructured data from LinkedIn and Glassdoor through web scraping with Python and extracted insights on core skills of Data Science career by NLP and community detection.
• Provided HR a more specific overview in data science career, and help them target potential interviewees more efficiently.
HUAXI SECURITIES, Chengdu, China 06/2017-07/2017
Intern, Wealth Management Department
• Worked on a new Internet financial product: intelligent housekeeper of securities, and cooperated with engineering department by converting business objectives into data requirements.
• Create reports in Excel spreadsheets with pivot tables and Vlookup, analyzed clients’ data in Python to select features for consumer portrait, exploited the portrait to target potential consumer for the new product, and collected feedbacks from consumers. CHINA CITIC BANK, Chengdu, China 08/2015-10/2015
Intern, Consumer Department
• Assisted director of consumer finance with the launch of innovative credit card program for high- income individuals by analyzing clients’ current investment portfolios data in Excel with Solver, evaluating their investment risk preference, and targeting potential users for the new credit card.