Cape Coral, FL ****4
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with twelve + years of nursing experience in Telemetry, Med-Surgical, Infectious Diseases, Public and School Health. Passion toward health care with strong communication and leadership skills including the ability to collaborate on multidisciplinary teams. A great sense of humor to connect and establish a positive rapport with patients, family members, physicians, and other health care providers. Professional goals include providing safe, high quality patient care and outcomes using evidence based practice. Self-motivation and commitment to obtain a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree within in the next five years.
SKILLS / STRENGTHS
• Thorough physical assessments
• Strong clinical judgment
• Problem resolution capability
• Adept at prioritizing and managing deadlines
• Professional bedside manner
• Independent judgment and decision making
• Disease prevention and intervention
• Implementing Evidence Based Practice
Registered Nurse 2017 - 2018
The McGregor Clinic
Fort Meyers, FL
• Collaborating with physicians to provide quality patient care and outcomes.
• Interviewing patients and obtaining medical information, vital signs, administering vaccinations, and treatment of STD's.
• Accurately documenting all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications, and follow up care.
• Scheduling referrals for colonoscopy, faxing Dr. orders, and assisting patients in making appointments for DEXA scans, Xrays and Mammograms.
• Authorizing drug refills and providing detailed prescription information to pharmacies.
• Working with case managers in providing assistance for obtaining patient medications through programs such as ADAP and Ryan White.
• Ensuring HIPAA Compliance and following infectious control procedures. Clinical Public Health Nurse II 2007-2013
Whitley County Health Department
• Working with diverse communities to promote health and disease prevention. Providing patient education concerning chronic illnesses such as hypertension, and diabetes with emphasis on weight management, exercise and healthy lifestyle changes. Providing prenatal and well baby care, immunizations and family planning. Performing Cancer Screenings, Wellness Exams, Pap Testing, Clinical Breast Exams and scheduling mammograms and family planning. Screenings and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases, HIV and tuberculosis. Promoting tobacco cessation and assisting patients with spousal and substance abu se. Recognizing and responding to health crisis.
• Assisting in coordinating public health fairs, Flu vaccination clinics and emergency relief situations during natural disasters.
• Public Health School Nurse: implementing patient care for up to six hundred elementary students and eleven hundred high school students including sick visits, administering prescription and non-prescription medications, and follow-up care.
• Active member of interdisciplinary teams in planning and implementing Individualized Education Programs (IEP) and 504 Plans to meet special educational needs of special children.
• Active member of interdisciplinary teams in establishing school safety plans to address bullying, school violence, and emergency events occurring at school.
• Collecting blood, tissue and other laboratory specimens and preparing them for lab testing. Registered Nurse 2007
Jellico Community Hospital
• Providing bedside care for a variety of medical patients' including pre- op and post-op surgery patients.
• Collaborating with other health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
• Educating patients' on scheduled surgical procedures.
• Changing dressings, inserted catheters and started IVs.
• Educating patients' and their family members on how to manage their illness by counseling post treatment home care needs.
• Respecting cultural and religious beliefs and practices of patients' and abide by HIPAA regulations.
• Performing frequent patient assessments, observing for change in status, vital signs, breathing patterns and level of consciousness. Registered Nurse 2006-2007
Baptist Regional Medical Center
• Operating heart monitoring equipment, performing diagnostic testing such as electrocardiograms, and following the unit protocol for treating chest pain.
• Administering patient medication using the five R's, starting IV lines, administering continuous infusions, and monitoring patients ' for effects of medications.
• Recognizing and responding to sudden changes cardiac rhythm and emergencies.
• Communicating and alerting physicians to any changes in patients' clinical condition.
• Confirming accurate completion of forms and reports for the admission, transfer and discharge of each patient.
• Preparing patients for EKGs, stress tests and surgical procedures. EDUCATION
Master of Science in Nursing in FNP 01/2017
Walden University, Minneapolis, MN, GPA 3.78
Associate Degree – Nursing 12/2006
Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY, GPA 3.27 LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Family Nurse Practitioner ANCC Certification 05/21/2018 Registered Nurse, Florida Board of Nursing, License number 9456475, 05/2017 Registered Nurse, Commonwealth of Kentucky, compact license number 1111772, 12/2006 American Heart Association, CPR and AED certification PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
ANA Florida Nurses Association 2018-present
American Nurses Association (ANA)
2016 - present
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) 2016 - present Kentucky Nurses Association 2016 -present
Kentucky Coalition of Nurse Practitioners and Nurse Midwives 2016 -present COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Community Volunteer, Medical Reserve Corps 2009- present