Yi (Judy) Chen
617-***-**** • email@example.com
Boston University, School of Hospitality, Boston, MA May 2018 Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Administration, GPA 3.45 EXPERIENCE
Yotel Boston, Boston, MA April 2018 – Present
Junior Mission Control Manager (Front Desk Manager)
• Handles guests’ complaints/issues.
• Attends daily department meetings and ensures open communication amongst departments.
• Handles and responds TripAdvisor reviews and follow-ups with guests if necessary.
• Balances the house when necessary.
• Works closely with the housekeeping team and F&B team. The Godfrey Hotel Boston, Boston, MA May 2017–Jan 2018 Guest Services Associate – Shift Lead
• Performed check-ins and check-outs.
• Calculated and posted monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using OPERA.
• Managed arrivals detailed of special guests (VIPs, repeat guests, LQAs..Etc.) and prepares amenities accordingly.
• Balanced the house and determined whether or not to push the occupancy rate.
• Provided recommendations and suggestions for tourist attractions (concierge). The Bloomsbury Hotel, London, United Kingdom March 2017–April 2017 Sales & Marketing Intern
• Managed F&B and day-to-day operations within budget and to the highest standards.
• Designed menus and posters for private events.
• Hosted local events and activities in order to promote The Bloomsbury Club Bar.
• Managed all social media platforms for The Bloomsbury Club Bar and Restaurant. The Bloomsbury Hotel, London, United Kingdom March 2017–April 2017 Guest Relations Intern
• Analyzed customer feedback and provided strategic direction to improve overall rating.
• Responded to guests needs and anticipated their unstated ones.
• Oversaw and coordinated all arrivals and departures of special guests (VIPs, SAs, LQAs...etc.).
• Coordinated and managed communication between guests and staff and followed up to ensure complete service recovery.
• Promoted all amenities, conveniences and programs offered. The Hotel Veritas, Cambridge, MA April 2015–January 2017 Guest Services Associate
• Performed check-ins and check-outs of guests daily.
• Ran daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identified any special requests.
• Anticipated and addressed guests’ service needs. Terrier Card Office, Boston University, Boston, MA September 2014–January 2017 Administrative Assistant
• Conducted administrative tasks including organizing materials, indexing documents, creating Excel spreadsheets, managing student records, and advising in student financial management.
• Operated as a customer service representative by answering student and parent inquiries, troubleshooting and answering phone calls for the office.
Facilities & Management Department, Boston University, Boston, MA September 2014 May 2015 Administrative Assistant
• Addressed and received general payroll-related inquiries.
• Filled accident reports to the state of Massachusetts.
• Coordinated travel schedules, accommodations and trip logistics for faculty and staff. Taiwan Life Insurance Co., Taipei, Taiwan June 2014 – October 2014 Sales & Marketing Intern
• Met with perspective clients to advise on financial plans utilizing knowledge of tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans and real estate.
• Coordinated sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals to establish training programs for sales representatives.
Language: Proficient in Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese, Conversational in Spanish Computer: Microsoft Office, OPERA, RoomMaster, MS Shift, KnowCross