VENKATESH SRINIVASAN CLSSGB
https://www.linkedin.com/in/venkateshsrinivasan-1a5b3349/ https://seelio.com/venkateshsrinivasan/public Performance-Driven and detail-oriented Manufacturing Engineer, six sigma green belt certified with 2yrs industrial experience including electronics, medical device industry and strong background in Process improvement, Quality control, lean project management currently seeking a full-time position.
Manufacturing Engineer: Pegatron (Apple Inc - contract), USA Nov 2017 - present
• Achieved 20% reduction in nonvalue activities by developing Process mapping and layout design, increasing the efficiency of part routing for NPI project lines.
• Executed IVOT (Installation/Verification/Operational testing) for electronic and pneumatic equipments, ensured compliance with UL safety standards.
• Monitored production lines and process efficiency by creating control charts, paretto analysis and Failure analysis report.
• Completed DOE on CG cut cable prevention which improved failure analysis top fail rate from 16% to 5%.
• Designed and constructed Screw Removal Gravity fixture and defined new process to address the extra screw issue.
• Worked on Tool design, calibration, physical and test method validation/Gage R&R activities for torque drivers
• Coordinated pre-quality and post quality testing in audit stations to resolve PID (Process Induced Damage).
• Utilized MRP in inventory management and key part supplies, interacted with vendors on part orders and specifications.
• Worked with management in NPI audits, creating SOP, operating SAP system and prepared documentations in compliance with Quality management system(QMS).
• Hands on experience on electro-mechanical systems such as ESD, sensors, PLC, Electric motors, motherboards and batteries. Engineer: Dagoma, USA Aug 2017 – Oct 2017
• Worked on Design and development of 3D printers and auxiliary electro mechanical components.
• Worked on Injection Molding production activities, Prototype runs and acquired knowledge of Engineering plastics.
• Tested and did troubleshooting of products using QC tools, computational and functional analysis of the products.
• Addressed customer complaints by initiating action plans, implementing interim and permanent preventive actions by applying root cause analysis, 8D, fishbone and 5 why techniques. Engineer Co-op: Enable Prosthetics, USA (Medical Device) Feb 2017 – May 2017
• Fabricated prosthetic arm for Medical applications in Makerbot replicator+ 3D printers with Poly Lactic Acid(PLA) material.
• Performed stress and Fatigue analysis in ANSYS tool to estimate load carrying capacity and life cycle of the product.
• Developed Stress mapping for actual working conditions in accordance with ISO 13485 standards and the product failed above 13000 cycles, after continuous load of 150 Newtons Process Engineer: Oriental Plants and Equipment Ltd Aug 2014 – Apr 2015
• Performed DFMEA during design phase and PFMEA during production phase for Bush assembly, reducing Risk Priority Number(RPN) on critical components and sub-assemblies.
• Applied Value Streaming Mapping to identify inefficiencies within supply chain of bolt manufacturing process, reducing lead time by 27%.
• Knowledge of ISO 9001, TS16949, PPAP requirements and Standard operating procedures. EDUCATION
• Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering Arizona State University GPA - 3.43/4 Aug 2015 - May 2017
(Coursework: Advanced Manufacturing methods, Operations research, Quality control systems, Planning & cost estimation)
• Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Anna University, India GPA - 3.6/4 Aug 2011- May 2015 ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Optimization of Process parameters of cylindrical grinding using Minitab May 2017
• Optimized cylindrical grinding process parameters for the EN8 steel specimen on kirloskar grinding machine.
• Implemented Design of Experiments(DOE) using Full Factorial Method and ranges of parameters were fixed.
• Developed algorithm based on Minitab Tool box to identify parameter ranges and implemented in the shop floor.
• Improved Material Removal Rate (MRR) and surface finish of grinded parts reducing cost of manufacturing and material wastage. Finite Element Analysis of laser sintering process of nanocomposites. Nov 2016
• Performed Finite element analysis for the Transient temperature field distribution of nickel based nanocomposites using COMSOL Multiphysics.
• Simulated and analyzed the temperature distribution, depth of welding pool and quality of bonding of the laser sintering process.
• Worked on Single track of experiments with same laser parameters to verify the simulation results. TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Certifications: SIX SIGMA/LEAN (IASSC Green Belt certified), Ansys.
• Methodologies: Root Cause Analyses, Value Stream mapping, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, DMAIC, CAPA, DFM QC/QA, Kaizen, SPC, DOE, ERP, Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances(GD&T).
• Computational tools: SolidWorks, ANSYS, Computational Fluid Dynamics, CAD/CAM, PRO/E, JMP, Minitab, MS Office.
• Programming: C, C++, MATLAB.