San Francisco Bay Area, California
Email: email@example.com Phone: 408-***-****
Software Development Leader
Team Management Driving Collaborative Delivery
Building Strategies Data Analytics/ML
DevOps/Agile Cloud/Hybrid Solutions
Degree: BSc, Physics, University of Edinburgh, Scotland. UK. Technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Postgres, SQLServer, Angular 2, AWS, DataDog, NewRelic, Jenkins, RMF, Fortify, cTakes, J2EE, Java, XML. Industries: Healthcare, Government Healthcare, Financial Services, Travel Industry, Power Distribution and Telecommunications WORK HISTORY
Senior Manager, R&D, Philips Healthcare Informatics, Pleasanton, CA (2014-2017) Leading two teams on the design, development and delivery of products:
• Data Analytics solution for Radiology Departmental Workflow Efficiency as the “tip of the spear” in $310mn Informatics business
• Partnered with Philips Research and three large customers on Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing combined with clinical ontologies (SNOMED etc.) for a Semantic Search capability for clinicians to mine unstructured text Radiology Reports.
• Hybrid storage Disaster Recovery capabilities for new standards based (FHIR) release of leading medical image management solution, IntelliSpace PACS.
• Collaborated on Philips PaaS development to improve the data processing pipeline to improve security, reliability and data provenance tracking for HIPAA compliance.
• Instigated, planned and coordinated CI/CD Automation across all Informatics projects, achieving 98% static coverage and 85%+ functional test automation.
• Improved the maturity of DevOps and Scaled Agile practice to deliver predictably and with quality to the market, meeting all planned milestones in 18 month window. Solution Architect, Optum, San Jose, CA (2011-2014)
• Created innovative Solution Architectures for various products - Health Information Exchange (HIE), Healthcare Analytics, Health Benefits shopping, enrollment and payment portal. From the creation of analysis and design to the definition of heuristics and guidelines for multi-tenant cloud solutions.
• Defined SOA Governance policy and procedures for the Health Information Exchange
(HIE) product suite.
• Architected sub-systems that support information exchange using HL7 v2 and v3 messages and IHE defined profiles using Interface Engine. Senior Information Specialist, Defense Manpower Data Center, Seaside, CA (2009-2011)
• Implemented standards-based capability for Person/Patient Discovery. Based upon IBM’s Initiate Master Data Management product providing probabilistic search and supporting NwHIN, IHE, HL7v3 patient identity to enable joint DoD/VA VLER initiative.
• Created an XML naming and taxonomy definition for use across many development teams. Mandated within a quarter, it was subsequently used outside of the DoD to improve service delivery velocity by the VA, Tricare and MHS partners. Senior Staff Engineer/Senior Manager, Sun Microsystems, Santa Clara, CA (1999-2009)
• Led a team of 14 senior architects and developers in the creation and delivery of two releases of the J2EE platform and App Server implementation during crucial growth phase.
• Established an Architecture forum to provide coordination, alignment and education for the Enterprise Java engineering team, support groups, sales and solutions engineers.
• Managed the technology exchange process and supported Japanese licensees (Fujitsu, Hitachi and NEC) during successful adoption of Java/J2EE.
• Led a Java spec process, managing group dynamics with competing vendors to early completion, creating the first open standard for the ESB market. Led the re-architecting of Java CAPS Application Integration suite around ESB thus extending the life and increasing the flexibility of a product with $100mn/year revenue stream. Consultant Architect, TRC Inc/Perot Systems, Tampa, FL (1995-1998)
• Led a team at Chicago Board Options Exchange to define a new Architecture for a new Trading Engine to facilitate the phasing out of the TPF based facility. Built the components to support very high levels or performance and availability.
• Defined a Business Systems Architecture for the Travel Distribution strategy of a major world airline including the augmentation of existing TPF based services. Defined new technology services and details of how commercial off-the-shelf products could be leveraged in the new architecture saving millions of dollars in development costs. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
Member of ACM and HiMSS.
Object Management Group Distinguished Service Award 1997