Adam Sternberg. 215-***-****
I always seek to present something innovative to the public using ingredients that support farm to table cooking, sustainable fishing and agricultural development. I will never cease to hone the skills passed on to me from previous mentors. It is these key elements that perpetuate my passion for cooking.
Executive Chef/Partner 2/16-present
Marbled Meat Shop, Cold Spring NY. Consulted from 10/14-2/16
Stock Up, Beacon NY
-Marbled Meat Shop is a full service, whole animal butcher shop dedicated to working with small local New York State Farms.
* Procurement of Heritage Breeds of Pork, Beef, Lamb, Goat, Chicken, Turkey and other specialty animals.
* Fabrication of whole animals into primal, sub primal, portion-spec cuts, fresh and smoked sausage, emulsified sausages, fermented salumi, whole muscle charcuteri, pate, terrines, rillettes, rendered fats, cured fat, whipped fats and koji fermented products.
* Procurement of local cheeses and salumi.
* Hosting classes/workshops. Butchery & sausage making. With a focus on teaching sustainable sourcing, upbringing, slaughter and nose to tail usage of the animal.
* Hudson Valley Magazine, Best of- Best Butcher Shop 2015
-Stock Up is a curated delicatessen/cafe with a focus on locally sourced heritage breed animals and locally sourced/sustainable produce from N.Y. States Hudson Valley region.
Hudson Valley Magazine, Best of-Best Fried Chicken Sandwich 2017
* Fabrication and cooking under a HACCP controlled environment for all deli style meats.
* Production of lacto fermented and brined vegetables under a HASAP controlled environment.
* Production of koji, dry and wet cured charcuteri. HACCP controlled
* Production of smoked / cured meats (Bacon, Brisket, Pastrami, Ham, Chicken, Pork and Sausages)
* Catering production with a full service mobile kitchen
Design and production standards upheld for both facilities. Menus, production and ordering guidelines, inventory and cost and quality control. HACCP plans and department of agriculture and N.Y. State Health Department approved. Controlled P&L reports monthly and annually. Maintain a safe and fun work environment with a livable employee wage that maintains labor percentage
Philadelphia Cricket Club…….4/14-3/16
Flourtown Golf Campus
* Oversaw daily operation for 5 points of service for two 18 hole golf courses with two club houses on the property. Designed and constructed two full service outdoor kitchens, one indoor kitchen and two halfway houses.
* Creation of seasonal menus ranging from Gastro Pub Style, Grab and Go, Full Service Steak House and Wood fired Pizza at both club houses
* Catered weekly golf outings for the premier golf clientele ranging from 200 people to 500 people weekly.
* Catered to, 3 day Member Guest Tournaments as well as weekly golf tournaments while daily service was not interrupted, 150 -300 golfers
* High end performance of inventory and food cost control. Held a minimum of 5-8% lower monthly food cost than projected.
* Creation of all ordering, production, cost control, menu, scheduling and inventory/ transfer documents.
* Host of the 2015 PGA PNC National Tournament. Food service provided for Media, Staff, Volunteers, Members, Sponsors, Pro Golfers and their families. Accolades from the Pro Golfers and PGA on Service.
Corporate Executive Chef 9/13-4/14
Nutrition Management service Company. Kimberton, Pa.
* Creation of seasonal cycle menus
* Managed the production of all food related items in all 56 units.
* Food cost and inventory control.
* Monitor quality and temperature throughout our facilities points of service
Chef De Cuisine 12/12-8/13
Heirloom Restaurant. Chestnut hill, Philadelphia
*Execution of seasonal menus and daily MIP.
*Creation of locally sourced seasonal specials.
*Food cost and labor control.
Executive Chef 6/11- 12/12
Thomas Jefferson University and Hospital, Center City, Philadelphia.
* Oversaw transition from cook chill service plan into plate on demand
* Creation of production system which brought patient and cafeteria
daily operation into one cohesive production plan. This system reduced the number of employees needed daily to produce food for both locations.
* Quality control, food cost, scheduling, training and line time checks
in patient, cafeteria and catering operation.
* Regulation and training of high standard sanitation practices.
OSHA, HACCP and MSDS.
* Creation of healthy menu items for specific diets. Cardiac Prudent,
Dysphasia, Renal and Residue Restricted.
* Catering yearly sales at 1.4 million.
* Cafeteria yearly sales at 2-2.5 million.
Executive Chef 4/08-5/11
36 Main Restaurant &Wine Bar, New Paltz, NY.
* Zagat rated top new restaurant 2009/10. Food score 24
* Hudson Valley Magazine, Best New Restaurant in 2008 and in 2009
* Menu planning and execution. Scheduling, food cost and quality
* On and off premise catering, wine and beer pairing dinners and
tastings. All pastry production.
* Worked the line every night.
Chef De Cuisine 2006-2008
Le Bouchon, Cold Spring, NY.
* Hudson Valley Best of the Best...Moules et Frittes 2007
* Creation and daily execution of menu items.
* All protein fabrication, food cost and ordering. Quality control.
Sous Chef / Chef De Cuisine 2005-2006
OII Restaurant, wine & tapas bar.
* Daily operation, ordering and incoming item checks. Nightly
creation of specials, soups and sauce production. All protein
fabrication. Nightly closing duties.
Tellers Chophouse, Islip, NY.
* Fabrication of all seafood and fowl.
* Stock, sauce and soup production.
* MIP and execution of pastry and partial bread production.
* Sauté and Grill
Sous Chef (Day Time) 2001-2002
Steak Frites. N.Y.C, Union Square
* Opening operations.
* Stock and sauce preparation.
* Worked all stations for both brunch and lunch service. Including
Line cook 2000-2001
Oceana and City Hall. N.Y.C.
* Daily M.I.P. and service.
Garde Manger > Line Cook 1993-2000
Various Long Island, N.Y. Restaurants.
* Panama Hattie's. (4 star N.Y. Times)
* La Mascote.
* Captain Bills.
* Emilio's .
* The Culinary Institute of America
2004-2005. Did not graduate AOS program.
* Serve safe certified
* Crucial convocations certified
* OSHA and HACCP training
English and Spanish.
" Tailgating in style" Hudson Valley Connoisseur. 8/2006
" The Best of the Best" Hudson Valley Mag. 2007
" The seven best new restaurants" Hudson Valley Mag. 2008
" The best of the valley" Hudson Valley Mag. 2009
Award Top new comer", Zagat 2009/2010. Westchester and the
Hudson Valley. Food score 24.
" Chopped”, Season 4. Food Network TV. 5/2010
Hudson Valley Magazine, Best of- Best Butcher Shop 2015
Hudson Valley Magazine, Best of-Best Fried Chicken Sandwich 2017
Center of Eco literacy
Hudson Valley Foie Gras
Organic Consumers Association
Slow Food USA
References upon request.