KENYA J. GREEN
Temple Hills, MD 20748
Seeking a position where I can utilize my coding skills, experience with patient records, and background in medical terminology to accurately abstract and validate ICD-10-CM, ICD-9, CPT-4 and HCPCS Level II codes, maintain patient records, and assist a facility overall in their documentation and reimbursement process.
●Knowledge of Medical Terminology, HIPAA and Patient Confidentiality
●Managed Care Regulations
●Medical Office Procedures: scheduling, receiving and posting payments, managing patient accounts and charts
●Inpatient and Outpatient Coding
●ICD-10-CM (2016-2017) & ICD-9 Coding, CPT-4, HCPCS Level II
●CMS-1500 Claim Form
●Medical Group Insurance, Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare, Military Insurance, Worker’s Comp and COBRA
●Medicare / Medicaid Reimbursements
●Healthcare Insurance Reimbursement
●Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology
●EMR / Electronic Filing Systems
●MediSoft, Salesforce, 3M Encoder/Reference Software, MedLook
●Proficient in Microsoft Office
●Excellent Verbal / Written Communication
●American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), Member I.D.: upon request
EDUCATION – Dual Student:
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE (UMUC), Course Major: Medical Anthropology / Social Science – August 2016-May 2020
U.S. CAREER INSTITUTE (USCI), Course Major: Medical Billing/Coding (CPC) - March 2018 (Certificate):
●Apply theory and practical skills to assign diagnostic and procedural codes to medical records according to state, federal and local government regulations.
●Integrate medical terminology, human anatomy, physiology and disease processes with medical coding and billing systems.
●Apply theory and practical skills to work in medical billing.
●Implement the essential skills of medical billing, electronic claims submission and insurance form completion for medical service providers.
●Apply effective medical ethics and legal theory in my career
WORKFORCE EXPERIENCE / HISTORY:
May 2015 – December 2017, ULTIMATE STAFFING (Arlington, VA & Baltimore, MD) - CSR (Call Center) Agent, Collections, Receptionist, Office Assistant, Medical Billing Asst. - Temp Assignments, as listed below:
●UNITED WAY NCA - Partnerships Engagement Representative - November 2017-December 2017:
-Responds to customer service inquiries to the Partner Engagement phone line and email account both inbound and outbound from the nonprofit community.
-Implementation of the annual (November-December) application process for partner eligibility including process flow, data management, and overall support of the online platform.
Provides direct assistance to application review process, and required data and document evaluation.
Maintains database systems as related to Partner Engagement, including nonprofit partner and non-partner staff, volunteers, address, and contact information.
●National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) – October 2017-October 2017
-Supervised the front desk/receptionist area
-Answered and transferred incoming phone calls
-Managed the “package delivery” log
-Informed employees via e-mail of packages for pick-up
●SPARGO, Inc.- October 2017-October 2017
-Assisted with mass mailing production
-Stuffed envelopes with conference literature
●C2 Imaging – October 2017-October 2017
-Assisted with mass mailing production
-Inserted tabs in binders for new engineer manual
-Inserted documents for new engineer manual
●Lincoln Property Company – July 2017-July 2017
-Assisted the Office Manager with new office transfer arrangement/set-up
-Transferred office files into new files
-Transferred office cabinet files into new cabinet files
●CEROS Financial Services, Inc. – June 2017-June 2017
-Reconciled audit for quarterly billing
-Arranged the invoices for audit reconciliation
●HOBO BAGS – April 2016-July 2016
-Placed Collection calls daily regarding payment status inquiries for 30-120 days delinquent accounts
-Documented client communication regarding account balances.
●CMD Outsourcing Solutions, July 2015-November 2015
-Inbound - Call Center Customer Service support services that solved and assisted with student admissions, registration, billing and financial aid inquiries for Florida State College at Jacksonville
-Notated student accounts with inquiries and resolutions of the caller’s
-Escalated further communication and/or actions to be addressed regarding a student account or new student enrollment.
●The Hanger Clinic, March 2015-July 2015, Medical Billing Assistant
-Reconciled work orders for medical billing and invoicing.
-Managed patient accounts with current data.
-Printed invoices for mailing/distribution.
-Implemented status of patient accounts for collections.
February 2013 - May 2014, FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST (Rockville, MD)
• Maintained Tenant accounts and interacted with Tenants with delinquent accounts
• Placed payment status inquiry calls and/or e-mails regarding 30-90 day past due accounts
• Reported status of Tenant accounts to the CFO for bi-monthly Collections meetings
• Audited and Reconciled delinquent accounts
• Prepared and submitted Demand Notices/Defaults against accounts 60 days past due
• Submitted Landlord & Tenant Suits
• Authorized/advised for company Attorney to file Unlawful Detainers
• Prepared and submitted Forbearance Agreements
• Received and logged monthly and daily check payments and/or wire transfer (ACH)
• Placed Late Fee’s monthly on accounts delinquent 5 days from the 1st of every month
• Maintained monthly open/delinquent report
March 2012 – February 2013, ACCOUNTEMPS (Bethesda, MD)
Medical A/R & Billing, Collections and Real Estate Accounts Payable Specialist - Temporary Assignments
●The Smallwood Village Properties, November 2012-February 2013, Accounts Payable Assistant:
●Implementing data using accounting software (i.e., Excel, Yardi database).
●Creating weekly batches to process and cut checks for vendor accounts
●Scanning, date stamping and filing new invoices received.
●Retrieving, sorting, and distributed incoming mail/packages.
●Processed incoming/outgoing mail.
●Meridian Senior Living, March 2012-October 2012, Medical Billing & A/R Representative:
●Reconciled work orders for medical billing and invoicing.
●Managed patient accounts with current data.
●Verified and implemented Tenants. Medicare/Medicaid and/or Group Insurance.
●Printed invoices for mailing/distribution.
●Implemented status of patient accounts for A/R, billing and collections.
●Reconciled month-end billing on Tenants accounts.
November 2004-April 2009, INTERFACE MEDIA GROUP (Washington, DC)
A/R Collections & Billing Assistant
• Administered weekly collection meetings with the CEO and Vice President
• Worked closely with the Sales team regarding billing
• Set-up new accounts and inquired client references
• Maintained client project files and interacted with clients for billing purposes
• Prepared, maintained financial records and tax certificates
• Collected work orders from media/post production facility suites
• Reconciled work orders for billing and invoicing
• Collection calls and/or e-mails regarding payment status inquiries for 30-120 days delinquent accounts
• Successfully collected debt $90k-$150k as a quota per week
• Submitted credit/debit memo’s and implemented account adjustments
• Electronically deposited payments received daily via online banking
• Received and logged wire transfers (ACH), credit card and check/cash receipts
OFFICE & TECHNOLOGY EXPERTISE/SKILLS:
• Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
• YARDI Database
• MS Word 2010
• MS Excel 2010
• MS Outlook 2010
• Adobe 8 & Adobe 6 (editing) 2010
• Front office management/supervision
• Switchboard administration
• Copier, Scanner, Facsimile
• Troubleshooting office equipment (i.e., copier, scanner, facsimile)
• Transcription (Dictaphone)