Aspiring Data Analyst, Data Science enthusiast and Proud Triton
4347B Walker Street, St. Louis, MO 63121 314-***-**** email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/apurva-sinha EDUCATION
Master of Science in Information Systems, University of Missouri-St. Louis May 2018 Certificate in Business Intelligence and Business Administration CGPA: 3.4 Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering, June 2015 Mody University of Science and Technology, Lakshmangarh, Rajasthan, India CGPA/marks: 68.8% TECHNICAL SKILLS
ETL Tools: TALEND
Database Management Systems, Decision Support Systems, Business Analytics & Data Mining, Information Systems Analysis, Information Systems Design, Applications of Programming for Business Solutions, Financial and Managerial Accounting, Data Warehousing, Financial Management, Production and Operations Management WORK EXPERIENCE
BJC HealthCare St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Business Intelligence Intern January 2018-Present
• Build and publish Tableau reports using complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters and parameters.
• Create various charts like Scatter Charts, Bar chart, Line, Maps and Heat Charts to interpret the data.
• Use advanced data visualization tools to provide an easy to understand interface for end users to quickly identify key themes within their data.
• Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
• Design and develop dashboards using Tableau Desktop allowing executive management to view past, current and forecast medical reports belonging to various facilities in the organization.
• Reverse Engineered SQL Server Reports into Tableau Dashboards.
• Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau.
• Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
• Worked directly with physicians, data architects, business analyst and internal team members to understand reporting requirements, identified various KPIs and designed solutions to enhance business decision-making. Environment: TABLEAU, IBM DB2 WinSQL
Schnuck Markets Inc. St. Louis, Missouri, United States Programmer Trainee May 2017-December 2017
• Analyzed the effectiveness of the new JDA supply chain tool to place orders and achieve balanced inventory in the stores which replaced the existing Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) system and manual ordering based on the gut feeling of the store manager.
• Identified and analyzed key metrics on store and warehouse level like markdown quantity, forecast accuracy and quantity pitched to see the pre and post performance of JDA tool.
• Collaborated with Data Architect, business users and Analytics team to understand the source, calculation and business rules for each key metric and capture data needed for business insights.
• Wrote SQL queries based on the business requirements.
• Created dashboards on the dataset loaded to DOMO.
• Wrote SQL code to export the data to DOMO.
• Documented data migration, ETL, business rules and other detailed specifics.
• Coordinated with Logistics, Sales and other Business Units to provide data driven analytics in the form of ad hoc analyses, reports.
Environment: ORACLE TOAD, DOMO and TALEND
Accenture India Private Limited, Pune, Maharashtra, India Associate Software Engineer July 2015-June 2016
• Assisted as a Mainframe developer for Finnish Pensions project.
• Performed detailed understanding of Finnish Insurance and pension types and how they work.
• Designed, coded, developed, tested, documented and debugged applications to fulfill the requirements of crucial payment applications.
• Modified applications and batch jobs for reforming the existing pension laws with the new Finnish pension 2017 laws.
Environment: PL/1, IBM SPUFI, IBM DB2, JCL
TRAININGS AND PROJECTS
Predictive Analysis Project, November 2017
• Analyzed a phone survey given to 2652 respondents about their buying habits and preferences with regard to health and wellness, beauty and consumer products. Tools Used: Data Integration and modeling with regression and logistics regression using SAS. Created decision trees using SPSS.
Visualization Project, March 2017
• Helped the Commissioner of the New York City Police Department (NYPD) understand the impact of the “Stop, Question and Frisk” program has had on the city.
Tools Used: Analyzed the Legality and Efficiency of “Stop, Question and Frisk” program using MS EXCEL and TABLEAU
Udemy Certification, September 2017
• The Complete Oracle SQL Certification Course by Imtiaz Ahmad
Udemy Certification, September 2017
• Microsoft Excel - Excel from Beginner to Advanced by Kyle Pew ACHIEVEMENTS
• Best project idea award, UMSL 2017 Hackathon.
• One of the three students in the United States selected to receive the IAOP scholarship at the Outsourcing World Conference 2017, San Antonio, Texas.
• Secured third position, International Women’s Hackathon 2016, organized by Bullhorn to build a Web App to promote Diversity.
• Editor-in-chief of Team-Enginium, Literary Society of Mody University of Science and Technology (M.U.S.T). Served as a mentor to younger members. Scheduled meetings to discuss agenda for slot submission or events. Organized workshops and events. Ran the administration of the annual journal. Collaborated with college authorities, sponsors and printers in getting the edition printed.
• Worked as a freelancer with Times of India, Dehradun, one of the leading newspapers of India.