San Jose, CA 95121
Phone: 408-***-****(after 4:30pm)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred contact)
PROFILE A reliable and committed professional with the experience, creativity, skills, and continuous improvement mindset to perform with excellence in the Engineering field. Specialized in mechanical design using various computer aided design/drafting software(Solidworks primarily). Career interests: design of consumer devices, medical devices, robotics/automation.
EXPERIENCE Design Engineer, Merrill's Packaging Inc., Burlingame, CA 1/2012-Current
•Used Solidworks to design plastic thermoform packaging such as for food/medical devices.
•Used a Stratasys 3D printer to rapid prototype part after the customer approves the drawing/design.
•Took projects from design concept to prototype to production.
•Project lead of approximately 50+ different designs annually.
•Follow documented standard procedures to maintain ISO 9001 certification.
•Designed the tooling such as the mold, pressure box, die, and plug assists.
•Checked and documented received outsourced parts for correct dimensions and quality.
•Created drawings and parasolids for the in-house CNC machinists.
•Worked with the machinists, Production, and QA to manufacture timely and quality parts.
•Attended design meetings to review customer design criteria and new projects.
U.S. Army Aviation Advanced Rotorcraft Layout Intern, NASA Ames Research Center, Mountain View, CA 6/2011-9/2011
•Used regular and surfacing features of Pro/e Wildfire 5.0 CAD software to create parameterized 3d models of several rotorcraft conceptual designs.
•Used skeleton model to align components to correct location, allowing parametric changes.
•Used Pro/Program and added relations in the models to accept the geometry input file generated by the Engineers so that the design will update to the new rotorcraft geometry.
•Created drawings of the updated models, which assists in layout tasks such as shipboard layouts, cargo compatibility, fuel cell locations and dimensions, etc.
•Generated rendered images.
Quality Control Engineer Coop, New United Motor Manufacturing Inc, Fremont, CA 7/2008-12/2008
•Ensured quality at a fast-paced Toyota/GM Automobile Plant:
• Dealt with Toyota Production System concepts, such as lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, ‘go & see’ problems.
• Handled sudden line calls (Assembly line problems) promptly to prevent costly downtime.
• Maintained quality to customers by root cause analysis, contacted suppliers to rework bad parts, and wrote rework/test procedures.
• Communicated with production/management, to complete assignments in a timely manner.
• Quality control evaluations of cars/parts with defects according to engineering blueprints.
• Participated in TEMA Audits and helped achieve a low defect score.
•Write-ups of Engineering Reports on concerns of ongoing defects, offered solutions, and worked with Assembly Engineers to resolve the problem.
•Made Cost Savings Requests.
PROJECTS Turbo-generator Senior Design Group
• Worked in a team to design, build, and test a Turbo-generator (device that will convert wasted exhaust energy into electrical energy):
• Used MS Project to create weekly goals to finish the project on time.
• Communicated with our sponsor on progress.
• Designed, machined, and welded parts for assembly.
• Researched pressure relief valve options and created cost-effective Bill of Materials.
• Wrote report and presented final design to the class as well as sponsors.
Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Team
• Worked in a student team to convert a GM Equinox SUV into a more fuel efficient vehicle.
• 3D modeled & machined adapter plate to hold the wheel for the crankshaft‘s position sensor.
• Fabricated bumper grill cover using carbon fiber composites.
• Disassembled and reassembled various vehicle components.
RELEVANT SKILLS • CAD/CAM software usage to design and make drawings, parts, assemblies according to ASME Y14.9 standards. Primarily experienced in Solidworks 2017 and Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5.0. Also took courses in Solidworks FEA tool Simulation, Inventor, Autocad 2012, Catia V5, NX 7, Mastercam X5, Machining (Mill, Lathe, Drill press, etc.), GD&T Basics.
• Measuring Tools Skill Set: micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, multimeters
• Excellent Internet and PC skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, & Outlook.
EDUCATION Deanza College, Cupertino, CA 6/2013
Received Associates of Science in Computer Aided Design-Mechanical
GPA = 4.0
Graduated Highest Honors - Summa Cum Laude.
University of California, Davis, 3/2009
•Received Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
•Golden Key International Honor Society- Joined by being in the top 15% at UC Davis.
•First Year Scholar Award at UC Davis; Honored on the Dean‘s list three separate times.
•Received Engineer In Training (EIT) Certificate.