E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +1-469-***-****
Location: Dallas, Texas.
Objective: Looking for summer 2018 internship opportunities in the field on Computer Science. Summary:
• Worked as Data Warehouse professional for 7 years with specialization in ETL,SQL and Data Modelling.
• Extensively worked on automation of existing processes.
• Strong mathematical background and problem solving skills. Technical Skills:
• Programming Languages: Python (proficient), SQL (proficient), Java (Spring).
• Tools: Abinitio, Informatica, Cognos.
• Databases: Teradata (Multiload,Fasload,Fastexport), Oracle, SQL Server.
• Hadoop Ecosystem: HDFS, Hive, Spark, Impala, Sqoop, Mapreduce.
• Other: Agile methodology, UNIX shell scripts(proficient). Education:
University of Texas, Dallas. Richardson. Expected - May 2019 Master of Science in Computer Science. (Machine Learning and Data Science) GPA – 3.5/4
- Taking: Statistics for data science - Point estimation, Interval estimation and Hypothesis testing.
- Machine Learning:
o As a part of mini projects, worked on variant data sets and implemented appropriate learning algorithms, Decision tree, Naïve Bayes, linear regression, neural networks and support vector machines. Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad. India. May 2010 Bachelor of Engineering – Information Technology. CGPA – 8.2/10 (~73%)
- Developed video conferencing software for intranet using Java Spring framework. Professional Work Experience:
IBM India Pvt Ltd., Pune Data Specialist (Jan 2014 to till date)
• Performed data analysis of customer’s data, based on historical activities, and developed a framework in Abinitio and SQL, to identify prospective customers, categorize them for personalized campaigning
• Designed architecture and data model for BI application.
• Performance Tuning - Enhanced the existing ETL process by 40%.
• Worked on migrating existing data warehouse from Teradata to Hadoop using Sqoop and ETL (Abinitio) framework.
• Was involved in setting up Hadoop on lower (test) environment.
• Designed and implemented HIVE queries and functions for evaluation, filtering, loading and storing of data.
• Lead the team and delivered he project which earned ‘10/10’ customer satisfaction survey rating for consecutive 2 years. Mahindra Satyam, Pune. Sr. Software Engineer (Dec 2012 to Jan 2014)
• Helped business users to design and implement (using SQL scripts) rulesets and exclusion criteria specific to different campaigns to enable easy identification of customers.
• Managed data mart, that was used by business for running customer relationship management tools and design campaigns. Cognizant Technology Solutions, Pune. Teradata Developer (Aug 2010 to Dec 2012)
• Worked on designing and development of framework to process large amount of historical data as a part of catchup process.
• Worked on replication project to develop a framework to perform parallel load of data on 2 different servers.
• Youngest member of technical team created for mentoring and helping other project team members.
• Worked on replication project that involved parallelly loading data on 2 servers using Informatica ETL. Professional Achievements:
• Received SCOPE award for contribution to project excellence in Cognizant Technology Solutions.
• Received “Star Performer” in IBM for contribution in one of the most successful projects.
• Received top rating in annual appraisal at Cognizant Technology Solutions and IBM for 4 years overall.