Resume of Jeffrey Neil Jackson, SHRM-CP
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org /Phone 937-***-****
Summary of Qualifications
• An experienced writer of content-specific materials including, but not limited to, business analysis, employee manuals, marketing content, and topical essays, with an extensive education.
• My extensive research database and multiple-discipline approach offers clients compliance to specific criteria with exceptional results.
• As the weekend Terminal Supervisor for USXpress, I was responsible of all operations, as well as resolving corporate issues that were in the service area of my terminal. My problem solving abilities were frequently utilized to solve a variety of logistical challenges the firm faced.
• Writer of employee manuals (including SOPs) for Hollihan and Aukerman Sign Company, The Sports Page, both in Dayton Ohio, and an AS-400 user guide for Covenant Transport’s Vandalia office. My Human Resources degree final project was an HR manual for a local biotech firm.
• Proficient in: Word, Excel, Access, PageMaker (now InDesign), AS400 systems, PowerPoint, Smartboard.
Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
• B.A., Political Science, Wright State University
• B.A., Communication, Wright State University
• M.Ed., Integrated Social Studies, Wright State University
• B.S., Human Resource Management, Wright State University
Substitute Teacher Dayton, Ohio 01/13 – Present
Freelance Writer Dayton, Ohio 09/10 – Present
• Writer of research materials, executive summaries, lesson content, tests, PowerPoint instructional content, and Smartboard presentations. I have also created pamphlets and handouts in PageMaker, with samples available for your perusal. My analysis predicted an important merger in the shipping industry.
PNC Bank Dayton, Ohio 08/11 – 09/11
Technical Writer (contract)
• HARP proposals for underwater mortgages.
Transfreight Vandalia, Ohio 02/10 – 04/10 Traffic Coordinator (contract)
• Responsible for dispatching trucks, scheduling pickups and deliveries, also creation and handling of shipping paperwork including transborder U.S./Canada transfers. Shipments into Canada required certain protocols for proper border crossing.
R&L Carriers Wilmington, Ohio 04/09 – 01/10
Customer Service Rep
• Handled inbound calls, including scheduling of pickups and deliveries with terminals across the U.S. as well as international shipping. Resolution of customer issues such as delays, billing errors and special shipping requirements that needed documentation.
Bullet Trucking Dayton, Ohio 03/07 – 10/08
• Responsible for all night operations including addressing scheduling issues, breakdowns and distressed loads. Arranged backhauls for one-way freight. My searches for backhauls yielded one of the most lucrative backhauls of the company, from Los Angeles to Columbus Ohio on a weekly basis.