MD RAKIBUL ISLAM
Address: *** ********* *****, ***-*, Decatur, GA-30032
E m a i l : r a k i b . s a a d 0 8 @ g m a i l . c o m Tel: 912-***-****
With industrial experience as an RF planning engineer (GSM, UMTS, CDMA, W-CDMA and LTE network) and with research experience in antenna design and wireless propagation modelling, actively seeking for a full-time position as an antenna design and RF engineer, where I will be able to engage my skills and experience for the betterment of the organization. Work Experience
Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA [Jan, 2016 – Dec, 2017 ] Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant
• Design antennas in microwave design software (CST, Feko, HFSS, XFDTD).
• Fabricate the antennas and measure the antenna parameters (S11, gain, axial ratio) for verification.
• Develop code for processing the antenna measurement results in MATLAB.
• Worked as an instructor for signal processing lab and electrical circuit analysis lab. Grameenphone Ltd., Dhaka, Bangladesh [Jan, 2014 – Dec, 2015] RF Planning Engineer
• Perform single site/cluster drive test for GSM/UMTS network, analyze the drive test logs and post process with TEMS tools for field level performance analysis
• Cell Planning & Monitoring Key Performance Identification (KPI) in Ericsson and Huawei system
• Perform physical and soft parameter planning and optimization
• Link budget estimation for best coverage solution
• Follow up TCH congestion in GSM network using Radio Dimensioning Tool (RDT) and provide solution accordingly
• Antenna optimization for coverage solution
• Analyzing and ensuring proper solution for improving radio network quality using Atoll, MapInfo, Google Earth and other similar software.
Perform the drive test using TEMS to measure and assess the coverage, capacity and Quality of Service (QoS) of the mobile radio network. Post-process the log data and creating thematic map in MapInfo to find out the problematic routs and propose solution accordingly.
Georgia Southern University (GSU) [Jan, 2016- Dec, 2017] Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (GPA 3.61) Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology, Bangladesh [Feb, 2009- Dec, 2013] Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (GPA 3.63) Antenna Design and Fabrication Experience
• 60 GHz beamforming patch antenna array design and simulation for 5G communication.
• 60 GHz wireless propagation modelling in simulation and measurement.
• An 4X4 MIMO Antenna Design for LTE band.
• Microstrip patch antenna design, fabrication and measurement for 3G mobile communication.
• A pattern reconfigurable wideband antenna design, fabrication and measurement.
• A circularly polarized, CPLPDA antenna design, fabrication and measurement. Antenna Design and RF Software Skill
• Design software: CST Microwave Studio, FEKO, Ansoft HFSS, XFDTD, Wireless Insite.
• RF optimization tool: Radio Dimensioning Tool (RDT), Atoll, TEMS, MapInfo, Google Earth.
• Fabrication tool: LPKF milling machine, Rota Spray, 3D printer.
• Measurement instrument: Vector Network Analyzer, Anechoic Chamber, Oscilloscope, Signal Generator, Spectrum Analyzer. Computer and IT Skill
• Electrical Software : Simulink, Pspice, Multisim, Proteus.
• Programming Language : MATLAB, C, C++, Arduino, Python.
• Funded “60 GHZ Research wireless propagation Project modelling and channel characterization”, funded by ARRIS Inc. [ May, 2016- July, 2016] Test and simulation:
Designed a 16X16 beamforming patch antenna array at 60 GHz with maximum realized gain of 26 dBi.
Measured RSSI level for different position of a transmitter in an access point in a test house and prepared a color map in MATLAB.
Designed same house in Wireless insight software and performed simulation of signal propagation for same transmitter positions.
Good match between simulation and measurement was achieved and best transmitter positions is possible to achieve without doing physical measurement.
• Project on Intelligent Surveillance System using Arduino . Spring 2016 Project Summary:
Designed a less populated house or office surveillance system using an Arduino board with one camera and six motion sensors each covering sixty degrees.
• Design and fabrication of a wireless power transfer project to charge a mobile battery wirelessly. May 2012 Project Summary:
Designed a wireless power transfer system and a rectifier circuit to charge a mobile phone battery wirelessly within 10 cm distance.
• Design and fabrication of a digital thermometer using microcontroller. Jun 2010 Project Summary:
Designed a thermometer using a temperature sensor and an Arduino board to display the ambient temperature in a digital display.
• Advanced Electromagnetics
• Digital Control System
• Advanced Digital Signal Processing
• Robotic Systems Design
• Computer Systems Design.
• Computational Methods in Electrical
• Electronic Circuit for Communication
• Engineering Graphics
• Fiber Optic Communication
• Microprocessor and Microcomputer
• Microwave Engineering
• Photovoltaic System Design
• Fundamentals of computing
Published Journal Paper
• Md. A. Mahmud, Md. R. Islam S. Zahan, T. Ahmed and S. Paul, “Performance analysis of different interleaving technique for M- QAM modulation over Rayleigh Fading Channel in an outdoor environment with different equalizers.” Global Journal of Researches in Engineering: J General Engineering, Vol.14, Issue.4, Version.1.0, Year 2014. Published Conference Papers
• M. R. Islam, and S. Lim, “A Wideband, Pattern Reconfigurable, Compact Yagi”, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (APS) International Symposium, San Diego, California, USA, July, 2017.
• M. R. Islam, and S. Lim, “Combination of Bow-Tie Antenna and Log Periodic Dipole Array for Circular Polarization’’, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (APS) International Symposium, San Diego, California, USA, July, 2017. Honors and Awards
• Travel fellowship grant to attend National Radio Science Meeting, 2018.
• Georgia Southern University, SGA and GSO travel grant to attend IEEE AP-S conference, San Diego, CA.
• Graduate Research Assistantship from Antennas and Wireless Propagation Lab (AWPL), Georgia Southern University.