Name: Swagatam Sarkar
Work Experience: 12+ years
Current Designation: Web Services SDET Lead at Kaiser Permanente Product Quality Engineering
Mobile Number: 925-***-****
Canada Express Entry CRS Score: 413
oFunctional and Automation architecture development and maintenance, Automation Testing (Both Web Services and UI) and Service Virtualization
oAgile Methodology and DevOps integration for rapid product delivery
oWeb development using Microsoft Technologies (C#, ASP.NET, SQL, JS)
oETL on various file formats using SSIS Packages and SQL stored procedures
oStrong aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies
1. 12+ years of experience in Technology Consulting and implementation.
2. 3+ years onsite experience in US in various client facing roles, leading and managing deliverables of Offshore teams.
3. Specializing in managing and solution designing of diverse business solutions with key focus on Business Process, Implementation and Technology stack consulting.
4. Played a key role for execution of multiple projects distributed across several business verticals with various clients mostly in Microsoft .Net technologies. (C#, ASP.NET, JS, SQL, Reporting)
5. Worked in Automation architecture development and maintenance as well as automation testing (both Web Services and UI) and Service Virtualization
6. Among his key experiences, he has done projects for Kaiser Permanente, State Street Global Advisory, The Bank of New York Mellon, British Telecom, PC Connection, Fitek LLC and Aptech.
7. Well versed with all the phases of SDLC and Agile methodology.
8. Involved in the CMM exercise undertaken by PwC India Technology Consulting and was part of the team that successfully achieved Level 5 certification for the practice in 2011.
Technical Skill sets:
Microsoft Visual Studio [2005, 2008, 2010], Ready API, Eclipse IDE, SQL Developer, CA LISA, ERwin, SQL Server Reporting Services, TOAD, Microsoft VSS, Team Foundation Server, SVN, GIT, Bit bucket, Telerik controls, Codesmith, WCF, WPF, MyGeneration 1.3, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Boot2Docker, Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, Bobcat, IntelliJ Idea, JMeter
RDBMS Concepts, SQL Server, ORACLE, MS Access
DOS, Mac OSX, Windows (XP, 7), UNIX
IIS 6.0, IIS 7.0, Websphere 8.5
Microsoft® Certified Technology Specialist: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications
Microsoft® Certified Technology Specialist: .NET Framework 4, Service Communication Applications
1.MBA in Information Systems from Sikkim Manipal University in 2009.
2.Bachelor of Engineering in Power Engineering from Jadavpur University (J.U.) in 2005.
3.Higher Secondary from St Xavier’s College Kolkata with 82.1% in 2001.
4.Madhyamik from RKMV Narendrapur with 86.3% in 1999.
PricewaterhouseCoopers Pvt. Ltd. - May 2007 - Till date
Infosys Technologies Limited. - August 2005 – April 2007
VISA: Currently on L1B Visa for US.
Applied for Canada PR through Express Entry (Federal Skilled Worker)
Profile Number: E000853443
Overall CRS Score: 413
1.PwC Client Appreciation Award for Convergence Initiative in Audit360
2.Multiple client appreciations from Kaiser Permanente
DETAILS OF THE PROJECTS WORKED ON IN PwC
KP Service Virtualization and Continuous Availability Testing
Technology Consultant (August 2015 – Till Date)
Technology Involved: SOAPUI, CA DevTest Workstation (Formerly ITKO LISA), Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, Bobcat, Oracle SQL Developer, Apache Directory Studio, EPIC, Websphere, Axway, NodeJs, GIT, JIRA, Bit Bucket, Confluence
Automation architecture development and maintenance and automation testing of Kaiser Permanente’s Web Services & APIs using SoapUI tool as well as automation testing of KP.Org UI using Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber and Bobcat. Also, involved in implementation of CI CD process using Jenkins.
1. Exhaustive Automation testing of all possible positive/ negative/corner cases using Ready API and Groovy Scripting for functional testing of backend services (both SOAP and REST) that are being consumed by the KP Mobile Flagship Application as well as Kp.org.
2. Exhaustive Automation testing of all possible positive/ negative/corner cases using Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber and Bobcat for UI validation for Kp.org.
3. Implementing CI CD Process in Jenkins and maintaining dashboard for the automated smoke tests that are used to validate the entire Service layer and UI layer.
4. Works as part of System Integration team as well as Squad team using Rally / JIRA / Confluence.
5. Involved in creation and maintenance of virtualized services using CA Dev Workstation.
Assurance Automation Initiative (Audit 360)
Technical Lead (May 2012 – July 2015)
Team Strength: 20
Audit360 provides Assurance Engagements with a solution that enables automated discovery and analysis within the team’s selected scope of Financial Statement Line Items. It transforms Asset Management Practice’s current processes and testing procedures through a centralized testing solution and enables engagement teams to document conclusions and contribute research to a centralized repository for other teams to view and associate as evidence to support audit conclusions. In addition to this, the team has decided to converge the existing FAST Audit application (both the SSgA and Bank of New York Mellon implementations) in phases with the Audit 360 solution.
1. Client business process understanding and mapping to the application.
2. Managing the team members.
3. Design and implementation of re-engineering the existing FASTAudit SSgA and BONY Mellon applications into the Audit 360 environment (Convergence).
4. ETL work for various file formats using SSIS Packages and SQL stored procedures.
5. Design and development of multiple modules like Portfolio, Expense Testing, FS Tie-Out etc.
Senior Developer (April 2010 – April 2012)
Team Strength: 14
HedgeTek is a leading Hedge Fund Accounting Software (Partnership Allocation System) for hedge fund administrators, fund managers, and accounting firms employing tax knowledge and operational processing requirements from industry experts, including the Big Four accounting firms and leading global fund administrators.
1. Re-engineering the existing 2-tier architecture of the software to a 3-tier web based application utilizing distributed computations and service oriented paradigms addressing the client requirements of scalability and performance.
2. Involved in this project from the engagement inception and involved in solution design, requirement analysis, design, documentation and framework setup.
3. Multiple module development and unit testing of components.
4. Integration of components and worked on data migration from legacy system.
PwC US FAST Audit (Boston)
Senior Developer (November 2008 – February 2009) and (August 2009 to March 2010)
The FAST Audit application is an audit tool used by the PwC US Audit team to audit various Collective Investment Funds for several banks in USA. FAST Audit generates a predefined set of financial statements that need to be created in a consistent manner across funds, formatted based on content and rendered for online display and printing. Clients for this project were State Street Global Advisory, Group Trust Bank, Mellon Bank and John Hancock.
1.Role: Senior Developer.
2.Enhancements as requested by the PwC US Audit team.
3.Addendum library related WPF solution development and FAS 157 Rollout.
4.Unit testing of various functionalities and Integration Testing.
5.Data loading activities.
Swagatam has worked in this project both from Onshore and Offshore. He has been in Boston in 2008 and 2009 and worked with the PwC US development team and PwC US Audit users.
Senior Developer (March 2009 – July 2009)
Technology Involved: Asp.net, C#.Net, SQL Server 2005, WCF, Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft Team Foundation Sever.
PC Connection is a leading information technology (IT) solutions provider to businesses, governments, educational institutions, and consumers. The application is a Customer Relationship Management System created by and for PC Connection.
1. Involved in bug fixing related to code quality issues.
2. Documentation and Security Implementation Analysis work.
PwC US Tobacco Extranet
Senior Developer (August 2008 – October 2008)
Tobacco is an advisory project based on asp.net web application that involves PwC as the independent auditor of the business metrics of Tobacco manufacturing companies. The application provides facility to the independent auditor to manage records of other users of the application belonging to such Tobacco companies. Through the application, the auditor publishes survey form for advisory purpose and calculation. Different Tobacco manufacturing company representatives respond to the online survey form and provide information related to their businesses.
1.Role: Senior Developer.
2.Developing and delivering the Iteration 2 and 3 Prototypes.
3.Developing the Information Request module that involved dynamic survey forms.
4.Performance and Memory profiling the application.
Aptech Retail Portal Development
Team Member (May 2007 – July 2008)
PwC is assigned by Aptech to develop a Retail Portal to integrate all retail brands in an enterprise framework. The business processes will cover the lifecycle of all the entities which are part of the retail business end to end, namely course, students, centres, franchises, fee plans. It is developed in service-oriented architecture.
1. Extensive development work for this project.
2. Involved in client interaction during UAT phase.
3. Involved in developing SQL Server Reports for various modules.
DETAILS OF THE PROJECTS WORKED ON IN INFOSYS
BT TCP (Transition Control Programme)
Team Member (January 2007 – April 2007)
BT TCP is an application being developed for British Telecom by Infosys Technologies Limited that will be used to co-ordinate transition of all the BT Wholesale and BT Retail PSTN/ISDN2/ISDN30 lines to Openreach WLR3 across all the component systems as per the TSR and OFCOM regulations. TCP has a web interface for collecting orders and verifying them. It also has two windows services (Database tracker and File tracker), which initiates and completes the transition process.
1. Involved in client interaction to capture and analyse the requirements and designing the overall architecture of the system and also participated in high level design and detail design of the system.
2. Did extensive development work and was also involved in testing and deployment activities.
3. Also interacted with the Environment Support Team and Testing Team to ensure better delivery.
BTE IOCRF (Interim Online Customer Request Form)
Team Member (June 2006 – December 2006)
BTE IOCRF is an application developed for British Telecom by Infosys Technologies Limited used to register customer request for different IP VPN services. The application generates a CSV file and then uploads it in downstream systems to initiate the order.
1. Did extensive development work and was also involved in testing and deployment activities.
2. Maintenance activities of this application and showing demos of the new changes to the client through net meeting.
BT Customer Centre (BTe CC)
Team Member (March 2006 – May 2006)
BT Customer Centre is an application that deals with British Telecom’s various VPN based applications. CC acts as a one stop host that has links to applications like IOCRF (IP Clear) and IOCRF (MPLS). It is also used to generate historical reports in electronic format over web.
1. Maintenance of the project, worked on change requests and bug fixing.
BT Net Quick Quote (Service Selection and Pricing) Tool (SSPT)
Team Member (August 2005 – February 2006)
BT Net Quick Quote is an Order Entry application that helps in ordering of BT Net products. The tool provides a GUI for service selection, pricing and, customer service and technical data capture. It then generates a CSV file for upload into Provide IP (PIP), a downstream system.
1. Involved in development work in this project.
2. Testing modules and preparing test documents and release notes as deliverables to the client.
Extensive 5-month Infosys Technologies Training Program (both THEORETICAL and HANDS-ON) completed successfully (GPA – 4.5 out of 5) on the following.
1.Software Development Life Cycle concepts (SDLC).
3.Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
4.Object Oriented Concepts and Object Oriented Programming Fundamentals (OOP).
5.Analysis of Algorithms, Client Server Concepts, Introduction to Web Technologies (CS)
6.Basic fundamentals in C, C++, Oracle, Unix, VB, HTML, XML.