Prashant Hariyappa Naik
• My acquaintance with real-time system encompasses analysis and development us- ing TPF assembly and TPFC/C++ as the programming language. More than 12 years long, high-speed pursuit in IBM TPF/ALCS systems. Yet, will always be an eternal student.
• Highly motivated and passionate professional with 10+ years of significant experi- ence in Airline IT focusing on Airline’s reservation, Crew systems, Fare Quotes, Pric- ing, ticketing and Flight operations.
• Proficient in ATPCO fare rules filing/coding methodology. Knowledge of fare construc- tion, domestic and international fare rules.
• Contributions on the leadership role involve initiation, cost & effort estimation, code review, release management.
• Ability to analyze issues and make recommendations on applying improvements en- suring best balance of code quality vs. performance and scalability vs. delivery. DOMAIN:
o Marriott International Inc, MARSHA (10 Months)
o Emirates Airline, MARS/MACS (6 Years 7 Months)
o Delta Air lines (2 Years 5 Months)
o American Express, Credit Authorization System (2 Years 8 Months) ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS:
• Young achiever award – TCS – American Express relationship (2007)
• Najm merit award – US DoT project implementation – Emirates Airline (2013) SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
AMAZON WEB SERVICES:
Advanced knowledge of Amazon Web Services. Designed and implemented highly scalable and secure cloud architecture on AWS platform. Leveraged AWS services such as EC2, S3, Cloudfront, EFS, ECR, MySql RDS, CloudWatch, Auto-scaling, Elastic load balancer and VPC to build highly scalable and secure web server that can handle unexpected load bursts while delivering optimal system performance and throughput.
• IBM OS/390 Assembly Language
• TPF C/C++
• TPF Toolkit
• Airline reservation, pricing and
• Credit authorization system
• Micro Services
• Unix Shell Scripting
• Amazon Web Services
• Hotel reservation system
• Relational Database
• Message Queues
Page 1 of 3
Prashant Hariyappa Naik
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. Sr. Systems/Business Analyst: Rescon INC - Delta Air lines, Atlanta GA: September- 2015 to December 2017.
A Sr. Systems/Business Analyst for Delta Air lines, with a Unique blend of technical and business acumen.
• Proven knowledge of airline booking, pricing and ticketing practices.
• Gather, develop, coordinate, and maintain business requirements for various projects and/or systems from initial phase to final implementation.
• Conducted Gap analysis for re-engineering business processes to new distributed sys- tems platform.
• Contribute to strategic directions by recommending changes and improvements on sys- tems and business processes.
• Provide insight, and analysis of data from various sources using efficient BI systems and techniques.
AIR4 - ERMS rewrite. Role - Business Analyst
Gather and write functional specifications for re-writing Enterprise Reference management system (ERMS) in C++ to C# for Virgin Atlantic to use Delta’s PSS solution. Migrate existing DB2 database to Oracle framework and build industry data from subscriptions such as IATA, OAG and Jeppesen.
CREW Modernization. Role - Engagement Lead
Analyze OSS (Operations Support System) Crew scheduling system component written in Sabretalk and document use cases for migrating databases and application functions to CREW next generation system. Identify systems and components requiring changes and cap- ture high-level requirements. Analyze and document existing business processes hosted on Travelport OSS (Operations Systems Support).
2. Sr. Systems Analyst: Rescon INC - Marriott International, Bethesda MD: December- 2014 to September 2015.
A Sr. Systems Analyst for Marriott Automated Reservation system for Hotel Accommodation, providing analytical support & write specifications to effectively maintain, enhance and de- velop MARSHA systems consistent with users.
• Communicate with business and ascertain requirements for new and enhanced auto- mated facilities.
• Design new applications for, and enhancements to, automated systems.
• Monitor the operation of assigned application systems and coordinate corrective actions when necessary.
• Cooperate with and provide technical support to project team members and co-work- ers.
• Interact with GDS and other OTA partners for transforming ARI (Availability, Rates and Inventory) changes to improve system efficiency.
Page 2 of 3
Prashant Hariyappa Naik
3. Sr. Software Engineer: Emirates Airline/CSC, Dubai - UAE: April-2008 to No- vember-2014
A subject master expert for fare, quote and ticketing- PSS (Passenger service system), a generalist in reservations and departure control. I have worked closely with industry leaders like Travelport, Amadeus, SITA, IATA and other major airline carriers in various industry mandate projects through working groups; where by proposing changes and their imple- mentations.
U.S. Department of Transportation Baggage Allowance Role: Architect - Design, Construction and Implementation. The US DoT mandate for air travel wholly within the U.S. or to/from the U.S, full baggage allowance and baggage charges data disclosure at fare quote in e-ticket receipts and email confirmations.
Australian ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) DIAC Mandate Role: Design, Construction and Implementation.
Enable agents to update additional data fields to the existing screens in ETA application process in conjunction with SITA’s move to new communications gateway as per bulletin re- leased by “The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC)” of Australia. IATA Mandate – 198 taxes (Removal of XT Tax on Electronic Tickets) Role: Architect - Design, Construction and Implementation. As of 27 April 2009 Emirates and its customers will no longer use combined Tax code “XT” for the transmission of tax/fee/charge date in Electronic Ticket Records. This project was implemented to comply with IATA Mandate and to support Emirates and its customers to be able to handle up to maximum of 99 new taxes and up to maximum of 99 paid taxes. 4. Asst. Systems Engineer: Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Bangalore - India: Au- gust-2005 to March-2008
Develop mission critical Banking applications in Assembler and C/C++ on Transaction Pro- cessing Facility in the area of World Wide Credit Authorization System (WWCAS) – American Express Technologies Ltd.
World Wide Credit Authorization System – Coverage
Role and Responsibility: To ensure operational perfection for American Express. Error analysis and resolutions of incidents involving Links, Message Queues, Global Limits, Global Risk Management Systems, Dynamic Authorization Control and Funds Access System. Test system maintenance, investigate and fix system dumps, monitor systems stability and de- velop applications for systems improvement.
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science and technology), Sri Jayachamarajendra college of engineering – Mysore, India (2005)
Page 3 of 3