+1-312-***-**** https://www.linkedin.com/in/soumith-madireddi-48317768 firstname.lastname@example.org OBJECTIVE: Actively seeking full time opportunities in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering & Project Management / Product Design and Development where my skills and knowledge will have important utilization for the development of organizational productivity.
• University of Illinois at Chicago, Illinois, USA August 2015 – May 2017 Master of Science in Industrial Engineering (Major); Operations Management (Minor) GPA 3.76/4.0
• Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad, India June 2010 – April 2015 Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering GPA 3.6/4.0 Master of Technology in Manufacturing Technology GPA 4.0/4.0
• Industrial skills: FMEA, Control Plans, APQP, CAPA, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma Tools, 5S and Root Cause Analysis, Agile Manufacturing, ERP & SAP, DFM, DOE, DFMEA & DFX skills, CNC Programming and Mastercam
• Development: AutoCAD, CATIA, ANSYS, Minitab, MATLAB, SAP, ABAQUS, Pro E, Solid Works, Autodesk 3Ds Max, SQL, Simulink, Tableau, Microsoft Visual Studio, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office Suite,, C, C++, C#, R-Programming WORK EXPERIENCE
Caterpillar Inc., IL, USA January 2017 – Present
Lead Manufacturing Engineer
• Re-configured and relocated active assembly line while maintaining program cost & schedule objectives. Performed detailed man loading studies resulting in reduction of schedule positions thereby achieving a 15% reduction to the build span.
• Provided direction and guidance to third party machine/automation suppliers. Developed new or modified process formulations, define processing or handling equipment requirements and specifications, and reviewed processing techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication, and evaluation of products
• Supported the sustainment of existing production lines as it relates to: ECO’s, product quality, fluctuations in production demands, process improvements, and responsiveness to ergonomic and safety related issues.
• Coordinated design requirement review with appropriate engineering/scientific personnel to ensure compatibility of processing methods. Organized cross-functional reviews of the machine requirements, design, qualification, and capability
• Design manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining, and material handling. Compiled and evaluated test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications. Worked extensively on Mazak & Haas CNC machines (Mills, Lathes, Drills & Shaping Machines)
• Created Request for Quotation/Proposal (RFQ/RFPs) that documents the design requirements of equipment, delivery schedule. Draw in machine suppliers for automated design audits and recommendations and drive failure analysis.
• Traveled to the suppliers for equipment transport, qualification, acceptance testing and support during the build events and conduct PPAP process for approvals and establish validation procedures.
• Run equipment experiments to bound the capability of the machine, responsible for data analysis reports to communicate machine capability to the cross functional teams.
• Performed RCCAs (Root Cause & Corrective Actions) on CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machines) & CNC tolerance issues on machined castings for hydraulic systems. Lead Engineer for MRB team (Material Review Board)
• Created Dynamic Assembly Schedules for Major Assembly’s improving assembly efficiencies by more than 10% and reducing takt time across the critical path. Created PFEP (Plan for Every Part) for build ready NPI part numbers.
• Developed and implemented Standard Operation Procedures (SOP), PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effective Analysis), Control Plans, Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) for NPI/CPI part numbers as reverse PPAP project
• Reorganized hydraulic systems department, moving over 150 machine tools into new work cells, reducing product cost by 30% and lead times by 70%. Created & implemented inspection system to reduce rework and escapes.
• Team Lead during a Six Sigma Lean Tool Rapid Improvement Workshop (RIW), reduced number of tooling shortages by 70% and implemented process plan structures to enable system-based level scheduling. Midmark Corporation, IL, USA September 2015 -January 2017 Manufacturing Process Engineer - II
• Worked with the engineering and production department to create product and process efficiencies. Planning experiments to drive design, development and supply chain decisions. Assessing sustainability of fabrication technology for given part design
• Reviewing part design documentation to ensure alignment with process capability. Validating procedures to determine acceptance of tooling into development builds as well as mass production.
• Working with supplier engineering teams to ensure design compliance. Mapping out process development exercises, process flow, equipment selection, DFM, and DOE proposals
• Responsible for designing precision assembly and measurement processes for products that have direct impact on quality and delivery. Design, implement, and successfully scale automated and semi-automated solutions. Collaborate with cross-functional teams across full product lifecycle from internal engineering and operations teams to external suppliers.
• Evaluated completed DMAIC/Kaizen Events projects for local relevance by local management team, made recommendations, and supported implementation
• Usage of Lean tools, Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve process & business efficiencies, reduction of cycle times and produce significant cost savings through productivity, quality, and waste reduction improvements.
• Assist with technical transfer of propriety testing methods to suppliers including training and monitoring of processing method
• Identify opportunities and resolve process/service issues; gather, analyze & interpret data to determine root cause of errors/non-conformances and implement appropriate corrective actions. Manage Key Performance Indicators and Process Improvement.
• Managed multiple modeling development and analytic projects simultaneously and producing quality solutions with tight timelines. Engaged broadly with the organization to identify, prioritize and structure complex, ambiguous problems where advanced quantitative models and analytic solutions have the biggest impact. Tata Steel, Jamshedpur, India June 2014 – July 2015 Manufacturing Engineer
• Implement & refine manufacturing processes by applying continuous improvement & lean manufacturing principles to all areas of production, managed pre-design discovery, 3D modeling, fabricate components using CNC machines, prototype build, mold construction, quality-test plans, and order fulfillment. Development, testing & implementation of PLM/PDM (Windchill)
• Investigated and resolved supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects. Evaluate production bottlenecks & develop action plans to resolve & monitor performance goals.
• Plan, deploy and lead all lean activities that will produce significant cost savings through productivity, quality, waste reduction improvements and improving business processes. Served as a member of the Manufacturing Engineer Group accountable for developing cost-effective solutions to manufacturing production issues.
• Employed statistical tools such as Pareto chart, Control chart, Design of experiments and ANOVA in analyzing the collected data to fully optimize the tool developing process and to highlight areas where material and equipment improvements could offer the most benefit.
Philips Electronics, Mumbai, India January - April 2014 Manufacturing Design Intern
• Developed design deliverables that elevated, differentiated, and functioned on-brand and on-strategy. Translated complex research concepts and data into compelling visuals. Made human factors & ergonomic design recommendations on products.
• Defined part tolerance and specifications by demonstrating process capability to Product and Industrial Designers
• Developed and documented processes including all parameters, consumables, and secondary operation requirements to meet defined specifications. Support Supply Base Engineers on application-specific developments and issues
• Worked with applicable Global Supply Chain Managers to define and establish supply chain requirements utilizing selected equipment and manufacturing suppliers.
Hyundai Motors, Chennai, India May – August 2013
Mechanical Engineering Intern
• Excelled in guiding the work of technical teams. Articulated project goals & scope, translated business needs into technical terms, prepared detailed work breakdown structures(WBS)& instilled shared accountability for achieving project milestones.
• Consistently championed the most cost-effective solutions negotiating contracts with new and existing suppliers. Skillfully maintained all necessary records in SAP critical in supporting accurate resource planning functions.
• S&OP model development and maintenance of direct materials and finished components, identified material changes in expected forecast and communicated changes during internal consensus meetings and once approved, to suppliers.
• Worked with a PTC Value Added Reseller (VAR), analyzing customer needs to offer advice on how PTC's Product Lifecycle Management System and MCAD solutions could best be applied to improve customers' product development processes.
• Six Sigma Green Belt certified by Caterpillar
• Lean Manufacturing Certification – Lean Management Institute of India
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Member of IE (Institution of Engineers)
• Member of SAC (IIT-H’s Science and Activity Centre)
• Member of ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education)
• Volunteer at NSS (National Service Scheme)
• Volunteer at NCC (National Cadet Corps)
• Member of ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
• Member of IISE (Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers)
• Member of Pi Tau Sigma (Honor Society for Mechanical Engineers)
• Member of UIC’s SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers) ACHIEVEMENTS
• Achieved 1st position in “ROBO Wars”, a robotic competition in IIT-H’s National Level Tech Fest
• Achieved 1st position in RC Aircraft Design (AEROTRIX Fest) at Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
(IIST) – Trivandrum, India
• “Star Performer” award at Tata Steel Plant, India among 30 New Hires in Engineering Field
• Student Secretary for IIT-H Science and Activity Center (SAC) – Organized 3 national level technical and cultural fests, workshops, seminars, fundraisers, and ad campaigning. LANGUAGE SKILLS
• Fluent in English, Hindi and Telugu
• Basics in French and Tamil
• Active Team Member
• Good Communication Skills