firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/pallavi-kohad +1-408-***-**** San Jose, CA 95112 PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY:
More than two years of work experience in software & hardware testing, firmware validation, automation and quality assurance. EDUCATION:
M.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering San Jose State University GPA: 3.7 July 2016- May 2018
• Courses: Semiconductors, Digital System Design, Computer Architecture, Socket programming, Wireless Networks, IoT. B.E. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Pune University, India GPA: 3.6 July 2010- May 2014
• Courses: Analog devices, Mobile Communication, Power electronics, Signals and Systems, Computer Networks, Control Systems. WORK EXPERIENCE:
Firmware Validation Intern Intel Corporation, CA, US June 2017 – Dec 2017
• Worked on firmware validation, execution, test design and end-to-end testing of 3D NAND Solid State Devices.
• Developed firmware algorithms and validation scripts using Python for feature focused testing of NVMe SSDs.
• Worked on drive prepping, installing firmware & bootloader and drive recovery using UART and Dediprog.
• Designed out-of-band NVMe MI test cases in Python for testing management features using bus interface as SMBus.
• Worked on pre-sightings, debugging of firmware defects/failures or test issues after test execution and reported through JIRA.
• Worked on Aardvark adaptor and beagle protocol analyser to debug issues related to byte configuration of Mctp packets(NVMe).
• Got appreciation by automating validation testing system for NVMe SSD devices using Teledyne LeCroy tool (PCIe automation tool), developed trainer script(python) for traffic generation and verification scripts(python) for parsing trace file. Software Test Engineer Tech Mahindra, India June 2014- July 2016
• Trained in domain of Agile methodology (Scrum), Software Quality Assurance, Manual Testing and Automation.
• Worked on software development, test planning & execution, regression, performance, functional, integration and quality testing.
• Worked on maintaining customer/client database using Oracle RDBMS and MySQL and modified using SQL queries.
• Diagnose software issues, report bugs using bug tracking System & take ownership of issue resolution using HP Quality Center.
• Automated the software testing environment using automation tools like Selenium and QTP for web applications.
• Worked in customer side team for gathering customer requirements, making test plans according to needs and developed test cases in XML and executed in UNIX environment.
Programming Languages: C, Python, Verilog
Tools: Teledyne LeCroy, QTP, Selenium, HP Quality Center, GitHub, JIRA, Protocol Analyzer Technologies: NAND, 3D NAND, CMOS, ASIC, FPGA, WIFI, USB, Bluetooth Storage Protocols: SCSI, SAS, ATA, SATA, PCIe, NVMe, NVMe MI, RS-232, I2C, SPI Network Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, BGP, DHCP, DNS, OSPF, HTTP, FTP MS Office: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio ENGINEERING PROJECTS:
Distributed Learning Management System: Spring 2017
• Designed a web application in UNIX, used for online interaction between students and professors using BSD sockets.
• Developed front-end using HTML, back-end database using MySQL and developed c code for multi-threaded server and client. Threat alert System using IoT: Fall 2016
• Designed a threat alert system using Raspberry Pi (Debian OS) in which images are captured by Camera, given as an input to IBM Bluemix Watson’s platform for visual recognition, which extract text from an image and send the text using MQTT server. 64-bit signed Multiplier and Divider: Fall 2017
• Designed and verified synthesizable, sequential multiplier and divider RTL design having ALU, programmed on Synopsys VCS in Linux platform and performed static timing analysis by varying delay to find out suitable clock for the circuit. Simulation of MPLS using GNS3 with Cisco IOS: Spring 2017
• Responsible for understanding of Cisco IOS using CLI, developed a network simulation using GNS3 and implemented the topology for understanding how MPLS protocol works. Configured routers for this implementation & analyzed packet flow using Wireshark. NS3/NS2 Simulation over Wireless Network: Spring 2017
• Simulated wireless network using NS3, analyzed the traffic flow using Wireshark and developed C++ code for throughput calculation, enabling RTS/CTS, adding node into the network, changing distance between nodes.
• Developed python code for comparison of Routing Algorithm (DSDV, DSR, AODV) using NS3 simulation.