Jorena Jones Collins
email@example.com Superior, CO Open to global travel 720-***-****
Technical Writer Engineer
Genuine, respectful communicator who builds collaboration among diverse colleagues. Creative, resourceful, analytical problem-solver. Intellectually curious quick study with exceptional research skills. Organized, industrious, and focused, working diligently to assure attainment of project goals.
Technical Writing Experience
ATMOSPHERIC OBSERVING SYSTEMS Boulder, CO: Technical Writer 2016 to Present Write proposals and technical reports detailing scientific instrumentation funded by government grants (DOE, NSF). Illustrate the scientific design, conceptual justification, and test results, all within reporting parameters required by government regulations. Also acting as business liaison for Dr. James Smith, CEO and Inventor. Small business owner, details on request 2007 to Present ATMOSPHERIC OBSERVING SYSTEMS Boulder, CO: Technical Writer & Technical Liaison 2005 to 2007 Wrote technical grant proposals for a small scientific company that performs atmospheric measurements for NOAA. Grants detailed various project designs, all based on airborne atmospheric sampling instrumentation. One technical reviewer commented that our submission was the best written proposal he had ever seen.
• Assisted with development of marketing and informational brochures, website, and presentation materials.
• Delivered PowerPoint presentations to scientists and academic professionals.
• Wrote technical grant proposals to fund atmospheric sampling instrumentation used by NOAA for high visibility research on carbon dioxide distributions and global warming.
• Represented the company at international and local scientific conferences.
• Acted as Technical Liaison, facilitating relationships, and transfer of information between AOS and NOAA climate scientists.
Design Engineering Highlights
QUANTUM, Louisville, CO: Design Engineer STORAGETEK, Louisville, CO: Engineering Technician Optimized the automated inspection process for the photo-lithography manufacturing process of recording heads.
• Acted as primary engineer for maintaining the performance and integrity of a highly complex instrument, the KLA 5000 Coherence Probe, critical to the manufacturing of recording heads. If the KLA was not working, or giving unreliable results, the manufacturing line was down, so it was imperative to keep it functioning optimally at all times.
• Assisted maintenance technicians in troubleshooting KLA including robotics, lasers, optical microscopy, and image processing for automated analysis of thin-film topographies.
• Installed and qualified production line a 2nd KLA, complete with ensuring the KLAs had matching measurements, including Repeatability & Reproducibility.
• Represented AOS at International Carbon Dioxide Conference and other scientific trade shows and conferences. Delivered PowerPoint presentations to scientists and academic professionals.
• Acted as technical liaison (AOS) with scientists from NOAA to glean scientific information and ideas for new improved products. Excellent people skills with effective interactions with engineers, customers, scientists, management, and production-line personnel.
• Developed departmental procedures manual (StorageTek and Quantum) and maintained all related technical documentation including manufacturing specifications and inspection/measurement procedures for use on production line.
• Received highest rating possible in an interdepartmental survey in interpersonal communication skills and effective teamwork by peers and superiors. Can easily adapt communication style to accommodate different personalities. Education
BA Physics - UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO, Boulder Recent Refresher Courses Six Sigma, C++, HTML Recommendations: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jorena-jones-collins