ROBERT C. LAUDE’
LOCKPORT, NY *****
Proven results conducting and implementing improvement operations globally. Drive decisions aligning with corporate goals. Foster collaboration, sharing of best practices and lean six sigma philosophy.
Operational Excellence Mergers and Acquisition Project Management Continuous Improvement Lean Practitioner Six Sigma Blackbelt Kaizen Change Management Quality Systems Due Diligence Standardization Supplier Quality PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
FLOWSERVE CORPORATION, Irving, TX
Manufacturer and solutions provider of engineered flow control products (pumps, valves, and seals) and is operated in 55 countries with 245 locations worldwide.
Global Operational Excellence Manager, 2013 – 2017
• Accountable for implementing Operational Excellence initiatives at manufacturing sites worldwide. Results increased on-time delivery 27%, decreased cost of poor quality 35% and reduced past due backlog 50% across low performing business units.
• Responsible for optimizing current performance against best in industry KPI's and develop the various teams across the organization and remove barriers toward top performance and financial and operational results.
• Provided and identified cost-reduction and corrective actions potential via Root Cause Analysis (RCA), continuous improvement techniques such as DMAIC, A3, PDSA, VSM, VAVE, Gemba Walks, Standard Work, Kaizen Events, etc.
• Responsible for database with prioritized “in the hopper” projects aligned with organizations CI yearly savings goal.
Corporate Mergers & Acquisition Manager, 2011 – 2013
• Provided due diligence prior to acquisition to understand synergies and reduce exposure to risk.
• Orchestrated 6 restructuring efforts (US, Canada, EMA, India, and Australia (1 year as Expatriate) with cost reductions approaching $20M which directly hit Profit & Loss (P&L).
• Identified synergies leveraging business during acquisition, guiding teams to create fully integrated business providing a consistent experience to customers.
• Results provided consistent transferring products to better positioned sites translating into footprint reduction and multi-millions in cost savings.
Divisional Facilities and Machinery Principal Engineer, 2009 – 2011
• Headed Manufacturing Footprint and Optimization Program focused on aligning operations, products, and locations to markets, customers, and growth opportunities; establishing success in near-term performance but, more importantly, long-term preparations growing future business.
• Chaired strategic standardization related to building infrastructure for Americas, EMA, and AP facilities, providing intrinsic value by providing clear expectations of deliverables.
• Leveraged capital expenditures with suppliers, generating Year Over Year (YOY) savings 15% with machinery purchase agreements.
• Developed Capital Spend forecast versus budget, supporting advance spending and completing projects in fiscal year.
General Motors, Lockport, NY
Company market is heating and cooling parts (HVAC assemblies and PTC components) for the automotive industry. Construction / Facilities / Maintenance Manager, 2001 – 2007
• Supervised and coordinated and scheduling activities of unionized, maintenance department with 60 employees, including 3 at supervisory-level, interviewing and hiring skill-trades personnel.
• Mentored trade supervisors in developing habits and technical expertise to be more productive.
• Championed for Fall Hazard training, promoting safety through confined space and lockout procedures, yielding 0 lost-worked days for 2 consecutive years.
• Drove successful capital equipment projects, retrofits, and plant layouts to align with market conditions.
• Achieved 98% completion rate of preventive-maintenance work orders resulting in optimized uptime of equipment. Results were obtained by holding people accountable.
• Directed on-site contractors during $100M infrastructure and capital transition. Project was successful, on-time and under budget.
• Excellent working relationships with cross functional areas such as production control, quality, finance and the UAW.
ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE
GENERAL MOTORS, Lockport, NY
Plant Engineer, 2000-2001
Controls Engineer, 1996-2000
Bachelor in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY CERTIFICATIONS
Six Sigma Black Belt recognized for highest individual project benefit ($1.2M)
Lean Practitioner Trainer
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Trainer
ASQ ISO-9001/2015 Lead Auditor
Change Management Practitioner