**** ******* ***. **, **. Louis, MO, 63130
Washington University in St. Louis, MO, USA Expected Graduation: May 2018 Master in Statistics GPA:3.64/4.00
Huazhong Agricultural University, Hubei, China Sep 2012 - Jun 2016 Bachelor in Economics China National Scholarship GPA: 3.57/4.00 SKILLS
Proficient in R, Python: familiar with a variety of statistics and machine learning packages and interactive visualization tools. Proficient in SQL. Experienced with SPSS, SAS, MATLAB, Latex. INTERNSHIPS
Intern at the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), Hubei, China Jul 2015 - Aug 2015
• Assisted in short-term financing bonds issuing and entrusted loans approval.
• Collected data of bond prices, negotiated with risk manager and investor to set the final bond issuing price.
• Cooperated with the technology team. Assisted in the App operations on function improvement and App promotion. ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
Master's Thesis, Bayesian Classification Methods on High Dimensional Data, WUSTL Jul 2017 - Present
• Implemented a variety of parametric and nonparametric Bayesian classification methods in R and compared the performances of the models across different datasets. The models included Multinomial Probit regression with latent Gaussian Process priors, kernel Naive Bayes, BART, etc. Other Machine Learning models such as SVM, Neural Network were also used for comparison.
Course Project, Time Series Analysis for Stock Index Data, WUSTL Oct 2017 - Dec 2017
• Collected stock index data from Yahoo Finance, specifically focused on the S&P 500
• Employed ARIMA model for stock price forecasting and ARCH model for volatility evaluation in R. Student Research Fund Project, The Willingness of Farmland Transfer in Wuhan City, HAU Dec 2013 - Dec 2015
• Lead the team to design and distribute questionnaires, and communicated with farmers.
• Used classification tools such as logistic regression to analyze the willingness of Chinese farmers to rent their farmland in SPSS; proposed suggestions on promoting land leasing willingness in Wuhan city. Interdisciplinary Contest In Modeling (ICM), USA Feb 2015
• Collected data and wrote up the full-length paper; Helped improve the Ecological Footprint model evaluating and predicting a country's sustainability in SAS and Excel and helped make sustainable development plans for Mozambique. China Undergraduate Mathematical Contest In Modeling (CUMCM), China Sep 2014
• Lead the team to build a model for a special folding table; developed an optimization model to calculate the table's best machining parameters; implemented the two models in MATLAB. LEADERSHIP
Secretary in the School of Economics & Management, HAU Nov 2012 - Dec 2014
• Responsible for coordination between departments of the student union and monthly assessment of their work; organized several activities such as basketball contests and graduation ceremony. Volunteer of Red Azalea Association, HAU Oct 2012 - May 2013
• Organized and participated in donation activities, such as collecting used books or clothes, and donated them to children in poverty-stricken areas.
Zhongmao Liu. The Willingness of Farmland Transfer in the Suburbs of Wuhan City: An Empirical Research. Agriculture and Technology. Vol. 35, No. 16, 2015.