Silver Spring, MD **904.
OBJECTIVE: CYBER SECURITY ANALYST/ SECURITY OPERATION CENTER ANALYST (SOC)
• More than a year Experience Specialized in System Administration working on Redhat Linux and CentOS 6.
• Experience with VMWare technology, VMware Workstation 12, Oracle Virtual Box.
• Red Hat Package Management, (RPM), Three Way Handshake (TCP/UDP), Linux OSI Model, User and Group Management, chage Policy Management and setting up of User Permissions, Run Levels, etc.
• Knowledge of Information Security Concepts, Policy Frameworks, NIST SP, 800-37, 800-53, FISMA, FIPS 199, NIST 60, NIST SP 800-181, Etc.
• Experience with SOC Security Monitoring tools like Alien Vault, Symantec Threat Intelligence, Splunk, Norse, ThreatCloud, WireShark, Barracuda Web Gate Way, Symantec Messaging Gate Way, Symantec Web Gate Way, etc
• Research Malicious IP Address, URL, Using Bright Cloud, Virus Total, IP Void, etc. WORK HISTORY
CYBER SECURITY ANALYST: Trushield Security Solution April 2017 -Present
• Reporting daily Shift change report, Incident reports, security status reports. Monitor and analyze network traffic and alerts using Alien Vault, Active Directory Audits, Fire Wall Analyzer.
• Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits using AlienVault, Dark Trace, Active Directory Audit, Firewall Analyzer
• Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident
• Conduct proactive threat research using Symantec Threat Intelligence.
• Review security events that are populated in a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system.
• Analyze a variety of network and host-based security appliance logs (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Sys Logs, etc.) to determine the correct remediation actions and escalation paths for each incident.
• Independently follow procedures to contain analyze and eradicate malicious activity
• Document all activities during an incident and provide leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the incident.
• Incident management, response and reporting.
• Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications and warning information to the client.
• Track trends, statistics, and key figured for each assigned client. Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incident, and overall SOC
TECHNICAL WRITER SUPPORT: Trushield Security Solution April 2017 -Present
• Research, design, write, illustrate, edit, and index all types of technical documents for software and hardware use used in the SOC.
• Set up departmental standards and procedures; design and create templates; research and select software.
• Work with developers and end-users to improve SOC documentation.
• Passion for usability and user interface design. Add value to products by suggesting design and usability improvements, and standardizing text
• Excellent English composition and grammar skills, with great eye for formatting and document design.
• Excellent French Language composition and grammar skills.
• Translates documentation from English to French. TIER 1 SOC ANALYST: TRINITEC CONSULTING GLOBAL NETWORK ACADEMY: 2015- APRIL 2017
• Provide in-depth cybersecurity analysis, and trending of log, event data, and alerts from diverse network devices and applications within the enterprise to identify and troubleshoot specific cybersecurity incidents and make sound recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
• Conduct security tool/application (for example, AlienVault SIEM) tuning engagements with analysts and engineers to develop/adjust rules and analyst response procedures and reduce false-positives from alerting.
• Utilize advanced background and experience in information technology and incident response handling to scrutinize escalated cybersecurity events from tier 1 analysts distinguishing these events from benign activities and escalating confirmed incidents to the incident response lead.
• Report common and repeat problems (trend analysis) to SOC management and propose process and technical improvements to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the incident handling process.
• Respond to inbound requests via phone and other electronic means for technical assistance and resolve problems independently.
• Coordinate escalations and collaborate with internal technology teams to ensure timely resolution of issues.
RHEL SYSTEM ADMIN/ RISK ANALYST INTERN: Big Head Tech Consulting: 2014- 2015
• Installed, configured and managed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Centos 6.
• Installed and managed packages and patches on Red Hat using RPM and YUM.
• Auditing server access and security using password aging and Linux security extensions.
• Created and administered permission and privileges on user and group accounts.
• Documented procedures and processes.
• Perform basic task of installing apps and monitoring data suing Splunk.
• Monitor incoming request from the clients
• Close tickets after client’s request if granted. 3
• Developed detailed recommendations for mitigating findings and process improvement projects
• Documented results and presented findings to technical staff and management alike
• Ensured compliance of Information Technology Security Policies and utilized vulnerability tools
• Identified and recommended solutions for various risks and security issues using Symantec Threat Intelligence.
• Monitored compliance with organization's information security policies and procedures ASSISTANT HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER/ SUPERVISOR: JCPENNEY WHEATON PLAZA: April 2012-2017
• Prepare and maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software such as Oracle PeopleSoft.
• Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
• Hire employees and process hiring-related paperwork such as I-9 and conduct new employee orientations.
• Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
• Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
• Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
• Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms.
• Select qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
• Review employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements.
• Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
• Provide management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues.
• Interview job applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, or job skills.
• Evaluate recruitment or selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional, statistical, or testing standards, recommending revisions, as needed.
• Evaluate selection or testing techniques by conducting research or follow-up activities and conferring with management or supervisory personnel. EDUCATION:
• 2004-2007: B.A Department of English And Literature, Dschang State University, Cameroon. Specialization English Language/Literature, and French Language
• 2014-2017: Master’s in political science and Human Resource Management. American Public University, Charles Town West Virginia. (3.41 GPA). (Research Topic: Effects of September 11, 2001, On American Domestic and Foreign Security Policy)
• 2017-Present: Doctorate Degree in Information Assurance/Cyber Security. University of Fairfax.
RESEARCH TOPIC/PROJECT: Cyber Enterprise and Risk Management Framework. WORK AUTHORIZATION: U.S Citizen
• Former Head of Department for Literary and Linguistic Studies, K.C.C KUMBA.
• Head of Franco-Cameroon Alliance Dschang Poetry Club.
• Department Supervisor and Assistant Human Resource Manager, Jcpenney Wheaton.
• Former Translator and Interpreter, GLODNAS Institute of Leadership. NON TECHNINCAL PUBLICATIONS AND ACHIVEMENTS:
• Poet, Playwright and Essayist and author of more than six books
• The Evil Behind the Law, Vol 1 and II.
• The Evil Behind The Law. (Bloomington: Authorhouse)
• The Evil Behind the Law, Vol III.
• The Cosmos and Spiritual Warfare, Vol I.
• The Lost Kingdom Lineage (Create Space, Amazon).
• Paradise Lost and the Watchers of Heaven. (Create-space Amazon).
• The Poesy of Poetry (Create Space, Amazon)
• 2003: Best Poet and Oral Artist (Franco Cameroon Alliance) Bamenda, Cameroon