Smyrna, Georgia 201-***-****
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ruby-gogri/ email@example.com Professional Summary:
• Seven years of IT experience as a Senior Software Developer, Technical lead, Business Analyst and Testing for Accenture and City of Atlanta with projects involving development, enhancement, retrofitting and support.
• Domain experience in Automotive, Insurance, and Banking, spanning Waterfall-Agile SDLC methodologies.
• Engineered complex architecture, requirement gathering, extensive data analysis, detailed design documents, development, unit and system testing, test data creation, functional test plans, quality assurance, delivery excellence, peer review, coding standards, stored procedures, performance tuning.
• Expertise in COBOL, DB2, VSAM, CICS with proficiency in C, ETL, Python, C++, Java.
• Involved in extensive automation using REXX, VB and Perl to improve project efficiency.
• Very good understanding of Data Warehousing concepts, Data Modeling and Data Analysis.
• Worked on Data cleansing and Data Staging of operational sources using ETL processes.
• Proficiency with relational database DB2 and hierarchical database IMS DB/DC.
• Conducted technical trainings and soft skill trainings. Education and Certifications:
Masters, Computer Science December 2017
Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia GPA: 3.93 Bachelors of Engineering, Computer Science September 2008 University of Pune, Pune, India First class with distinction IBM Certified DB2 professional (DB2 Fundamentals – 730) Accenture-MIT Certified Application Developer
Mainframe Technologies- COBOL, JCL, DB2, REXX, CICS, IMS DB/DC, VSAM, Easytrieve, Microfocus COBOL, UNIX, Netron Cap Cobol, HALDB
Mainframe Tools- CA7, Xpeditor, Endevor, QMF, FileAid, Toad, Revolve, Remedy, INSYNC, Intertest, Syncsort, putty, BTS, TT, ISO/ISPF, IBM Debug tool, Panvelet, ChangeMan, animator debugger, SEEC Service tools- ClearCase, ClearQuest, Winscp, WinMerge, Informatica, MS Visio, Selenium Other- Shell scripting, ETL, Python, C++, Java, MQ series, Perl, OpenCV, SPSS, MATLAB, SAS, VB Professional experience:
City of Atlanta June ’17 – July ‘17
Supported Renew Atlanta Bond / TSPLOST Program for infrastructure renewal projects.
• Automated to provide geospatial solutions in ArcGIS using Python to create a logic for pre-processing the GIS data with Oracle data for further comparison and then writing back to the GIS table for accurate data.
• Web development using WordPress for automatically updating for the completed infrastructure of renew Atlanta program, Traffic signal analysis, display data on the web for the public using SPSS and Tableau. Technology and Tools: Python, SQL, ArcGIS, SPSS, Tableau, WordPress Accenture August ’08 – February ‘15
The Hartford, Insurance domain (Technical Lead) 2014-2015
• Lead a team of 7 to recreate a new front end claims management system to retire out five existing systems.
• Involved in creating the design and technical specifications, validating the data and ETL mappings, transformation and migration from multiple sources to transaction database
• Impact analysis for requirement changes for Century edit to find affected list of programs for changing the date year from 2 digits to 4 digits; to recognize difference between 1916 and 2016.
• Resolve abends in batch cycles, online screen issues, DB2 update for missing data, job monitoring
• Automated a frequently failing nightly job to create 7 sub-processes to improve project efficiency by 1 FTE.
• Programmed functionalities for obsolete data removal, financial reporting, change requests, job abend.
• Involved in test coverage and traceability, system testing, data integrity testing and ETL testing. Technology and Tools: COBOL, DB2, ETL, HALDB, Easytrieve, INSYNC, Intertest, Syncsort, CA7, Endevor, QMF, FileAid, Revolve, ISPF, JCL, VSAM, Panvelet, Remedy
Toronto-Dominion Canada Trust (TDCT), Banking domain (Senior Software Analyst) 2011-2014
• Technical architect to gather business requirements, complex analysis, Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) and design documents- high-level and low-level detailed design documents, system flow, testing, task estimation, work allocation, peer review, quality assurance and delivery excellence.
• Built Wire Payments to replace manual entry of user data, Mobile Payments to securely support multiple payment instruments, coded new Minimum Chequing Account.
• Created new Business Logic components - to encapsulate the business logic in reusable components thereby reducing the complexity of the existing system by isolating frequently changed business rules.
• Worked on an application renewal program, TD Managed Assets Program, which included renewal of the existing applications to make it more compatible to the new compiler for Enterprise COBOL.
• Created test plans, test cases and test execution documents to perform unit testing, system testing and functional testing and automated the comparison on expected and actual data results. Technology and Tools: CA7, Xpeditor, Endevor, QMF, FileAid, INSYNC, Intertest, Syncsort, BTS, TT, ISO/ISPF, IBM Debug tool, animator debugger, SEEC, Netron Cap Cobol, VSAM, Changeman, Standard checker, TICK, Netron Nomos, Insurance domain (Senior Mainframe Developer) 2010-2011
• Coded activation, transfer and controlling of insurance policies.
• Quality assurer for delivery excellence team for rigorous review process, defect management, code deployment.
• Develop automation test scripts using Selenium.
• Interact with architects to gather requirements, designed, developed, and tested stored procedures. Technology and Tools: COBOL, Toad, UNIX, Selenium, ClearCase, ClearQuest, VB, Excel, MF Net Express FIAT-CSPS Execution, Automobile domain (Mainframe Developer) 2008-2010
• Integrated existing systems into a single system to manage common spare parts distribution across geographies.
• Worked on Development Shared Services to add new functionalities, enhancements, and re-platforming. Technology and Tools: Microfocus COBOL, UNIX, putty, Winscp, WinMerge, MQ series, Perl, MS Visio, Shell scripting Automation tools:
Standard Checker Tool: A REXX based, to report adherence to generic 39 COBOL coding standards such as missing maintenance log, missing code tag for edited programs, use of Level 77. Recognized by Accenture Global MF team and then added in Accenture Global toolkit to generate revenue for the organization with its use for various clients. TICK Tool (Testcase Identifier & Coverage Kit): REXX based to validate modules to add incremental count to nested conditional statements. It provided passed-failed-total number of test cases and count of paragraphs executed. Few more tools on automation included Calling Chain analysis (Perl language), File checker (VB, Excel technology), count conditional code (Perl language), SEEC tool enhancement, Mass SuperC tool, dead code analyzer. Graduate Projects:
Scene Descriptor for visually impaired: Computer Vision-Machine Learning techniques in Python, MySQL, OpenCV. Video Stabilization: Stabilize a video with sudden jerks using C++ and OpenCV. Go Game: Designed AI GO game using Genetic algorithm using MATLAB.