EDWARD JERGE, CPA
Avon Lake, OH *****
Certified Public Accountant experienced in multiple industries and Big 4 public accounting firms. Innovative and energetic leader, skilled communicator/team builder, that combines strengths in financial reporting for public companies as well as financial accounting advisory insight and financial and operations management with expertise in financial planning, analysis and performance measurement.
TCP International Holdings, Ltd Aurora, OH August 2017 to Present
A $250 million publicly-traded company that is a leading global provider of energy efficient LED and CFL lighting technologies. Note: Company is in the process of being taken private.
Manager-Financial Reporting – Recruited to bring the Company current on its delinquent SEC filings (10Q’s and 10K’s). Primary responsibilities: Overseeing the corporate consolidation process, prepare quarterly (10Q), Annual (10-K and Proxy filing) with the SEC, monthly financial summary for the Board of Directors, quarterly Audit Committee packages and earnings releases, complex technical accounting matters, research and implementation of new accounting pronouncements, create, update and communicate global accounting policies, assist with quarterly reviews and annual audits conducted by the independent registered public accounting firm, quarterly bank reporting and special projects and other reporting needs as required.
EY (Ernst & Young) Cleveland, OH February 2015 to June 2017
Manager-Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS)
Serve as trusted business advisor that inspires confidence in clients while addressing accounting and financial reporting challenges. Deliver service offerings reflecting CFO agenda – best-in-class accounting and reporting, process improvement through technology enhancement, regulatory, governance and financing needs and more.
- Separation: Created a “future state” external reporting and technical accounting function as part of complex 6-month effort to “stand-up” a corporate Finance organization supporting a newly independent public company (a $3B supplier of frozen food products that was separated from its Chicago-based parent). The separation was flawlessly executed and the new external reporting personnel were trained and then supported thru the first quarterly close and subsequent timely filing of the Company’s first 10-Q.
- Acquisitions - Purchase Accounting:
Oversaw recording of opening balance sheet including purchase accounting for $250M aerospace supplier spun-off from a Fortune 10 company. Assisted with preparation of financial statements and footnotes requiring Successor/Predecessor presentation.
- Accounting polices:
Assisted in the drafting of key policies for a $500.0 million company growing rapidly through international acquisitions with a decentralized accounting organization which had filed an S-1 registration statement for an IPO.
Edward Jerge, CPA Page 2
RGP (RESOURCES GLOBAL PROFESSIONALS), Cleveland, OH September 2006 to February 2015
Provided finance and accounting services to clients on project basis. Expertise: interim financial management services, external financial reporting (SEC), technical accounting (GAAP) and financial planning and analysis.
- Interim Finance Manager, North America (Chicago, IL) – upgraded financial analysis function by replacing staff and then hiring, training and mentoring replacements for $20B dairy cooperative based in New Zealand. Improved monthly business performance measurement package reviewed with President, CFO and New Zealand Commercial team. Directed annual budgeting process and identified opportunities to reduce operation cost structure by one-third.
- Interim Finance Director: Americas / Director Global Reporting (Philadelphia, PA) directed the annual financial planning process which included developing a responsibility reporting structure/process to support the new global matrix management structure for a $1 billion industrial lubricant manufacturer. I was also involved in the professional development of the Controller – Americas and the Director – Reporting and their staffs.
- Other Engagements – Interim Director External Reporting(IPO), Mergers, Divestitures, Carve-outs and Process improvement
DANA CORPORATION, Toledo, OH 2005 to 2006
Recruited to improve financial reporting process. Member of Disclosure Committee. Oversaw restatement of 10K (5 years) and 10Qs in less than 90 days to comply with debt covenants. Implemented bankruptcy accounting (SOP 90-7) and reporting requirements for U.S. Trustee for Bankruptcy Court.
AMERICAN GREETINGS CORPORATION, Cleveland, OH 2001 to 2005
Recruited to return to Company to implement new customer/channel of distribution and product-profitability measurement process. Established department structure. Hired and trained 5 finance managers with total of 12 staff. Oversaw development of financial plans and estimates for 5 strategic business units (SBU’s) accounting for $1.5B in revenue, and 4 channels of distribution. Provided decision support to Strategic Account Management (SAM) teams, primarily Wal-Mart and Target.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL ROLES:
International Home Foods (Chef Boyardee), HQ - Parsippany, NJ; Shared Services - Lewisburg, PA –
Assistant Corporate Controller
American Greetings, Cleveland, OH
Corporate Director – Accounting and Financial Reporting
WILHOLD, Inc. (American Greetings subsidiary) Cleveland, OH/Sunbury, PA (injection molding facility - Division Controller/Director of Finance, Information Systems and Administration
KPMG Peat Marwick, Cleveland, OH Supervising Senior Accountant – Audit Services,
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Major: Accounting, Gannon University, Erie, PA
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), OH; Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)