469-***-**** email@example.com LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kalyani-natu PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
• Highly motivated and passionate about Instrumentation and Control Systems.
• Developed the design and implementation of field hardware and software modifications and produced optimization solutions
• Self-motivated with strong analytical, communication, project management and leadership skills.
• Abreast with latest novelties and upcoming technologies by being an active panel member of OSU Automation Society leveraging innovative tools in industry.
• Good understanding of PLC, SCADA, HMI, electrical power systems and HVAC systems, control loop drawings, Instrumentation P&ID’s and I/O List generation
Masters of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering May 2017 Oklahoma State University- Stillwater, OK GPA: 3.54 Bachelor of Engineering in Instrumentation & Control Engineering May 2014 Pune University, India. GPA: 3.87
• PLC: AB Compact & Control Logix, MicroLogix, Delta DVP 14SS, OMRON CP1E, Schneider, Siemens S7-200
• Platforms: Windows, Linux, Robot Operating System (ROS)
• Software Skills: MATLAB & Simulink, AutoCAD 2015, C, Relay Ladder Logic, MS Office
• Protocols: Ethernet, Modbus TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, Fieldbus
• Core Competencies: Self-starter, Commitment to excellence, Communication, Problem Solving, Collaboration EXPERIENCE
Graduate Teaching Assistant Oklahoma State University Aug 2016 – May 2017
• Aid 75+ students in building an autonomous car which could trace a path without remote control and in making a metal detector which can successfully detect and differentiate an aluminium and iron plate
• Guided them with power calculations, circuit design, testing and debugging programs
• Certify students for PCB milling and soldering. Test and measurement instruments; maintain office hours for assisting students Controls Engineer Honeywell Automation India Limited, Pune, India Aug 2014 – Aug 2015
• Complete involvement and responsible functions for end-to-end projects starting with project phasing and development of the Functional Design Specifications for the Control to commissioning.
• Assisted in formulating new schematic (Motor & Control Panels, Power Distribution) and life safety Systems using Auto CAD.
• Written PLC codes based on CAD drawings and documented all equipment lists to support on-site commissioning and provide technical support to the integration team.
• Participated in peer code reviews to confirm quality software.
• Resolved Client concerns with management & operations, coordinated operator training & ensured smooth system turnovers.
• Completed and certified with a Six Sigma Greenbelt Project
• Familiar with Quality procedures and Project Management Tools; actively practiced various KAIZEN actions in all the projects. Student Project Intern Automotive Research Association of India, Pune, India June 2013 – June 2014
• Developed a compact, efficient and user-friendly emergency call device formulated to assist drivers and passenger in an event of vehicle crash.
• E-call module is an independently powered device comprised of various sensors; accelerometer, microcontroller, GSM module and GPS module. Interfaced using microcontroller ATMega644P
• Microcontroller programming completed on embedded C platform. Trainee Intern American Axle & Manufacturing, Pune, India May 2013 – June 2013
• Studied CAN (Controller Area Network), serial communication protocol used in vehicles.
• Gained valuable knowledge on the basics of automobiles including anatomy of vehicle, power train systems, running systems, comfort systems in vehicles.
• Autonomous Golf Car Aug. 2015 – Dec. 2015
A group project focused on building an autonomous car that would run without human intervention. Worked on designing the sensors, which maneuvered the car based on the various sensing elements attached to the car such as the camera and small Lidars for obstacle detection and Velodyne Lidar for mapping the travel path of the car.
• Design & Implement a Renewable Energy System & Lighting System in a Smart Home Jan. 2016 – Apr. 2016 Using adequate amount of energy generated by renewable energy sources (Solar Power) and external battery (whenever required) for lighting System in the miniature smart home & optimize the energy generated by renewable energy sources.
• Linear Absolute Encoder Jan. 2012 – Apr. 2013
Designed a working prototype of optical linear absolute encoder & its signal conditioning having a digital output and a least count of 1cm. Prototype is used as a teaching aid in the college laboratory.