**** ********* **** ****, ********, VA 23227
Enthusiastic registered nurse with over 17 years experience in the healthcare field. Seeking a challenging position as Staff Nurse, which will require the most of my practical experience while providing excellent health care to patients.
● Proficient patient evaluation and
● Adept at prioritizing and time
● Well versed in delegating appropriate
assignments to LPNs and unlicensed
● Patient and family advocacy
● Able to respond to the pediatric,
adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient.
● High level of autonomy
Registered Nurse Jul 2016 - Present
John Randolph Medical Center Hopewell,
RN Charge Nurse Jun 2015 - Jul 2016
Richmond City Jail Richmond, VA
● Provide adequate care by using communication skills to assess inmates, provide proper treatments based on diagnosis, and determine need for a physician or other medical treatment when necessary.
● Oversee health care duties of LPN, CNA, EMT, or other associated health care workers when assigned to minimize errors and ensure proper treatment for all inmates.
● Maintain an accurate record or medical supplies and medications to maximize safety.
● Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all new and previous medication, and record clear, concise and accurate information pertaining to all treatments performed. RN Charge Nurse Mar 2014 - Feb 2015
Corizon Waverly, VA
● Functions as a frontline manager by incorporating leadership and communication skills with conflict resolution, time management and organizational techniques.
● Effective change agent able to delegate, mentor, and educate to get what needs to be done accomplished on a day to day basis.
Certified Home Health Aide Mar 2011 - Aug 2012
Accredited Health Services South Orange, NJ
● Care for individuals or families during periods of incapacitation, family disruption, or convalescence, providing companionship, personal care, or help in adjusting to new lifestyles.
● Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs under the direction of registered nurse.
Certified Home health Aide Apr 2001 - Mar
Midpoint Home health Care Perth Amboy, NJ
● Provide patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as childcare, dietary compliance, independent living, and adaptation to disability or illness.
● Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with case manager.
● Assisted patients with activities of daily living. Behavioral Care Specialist Sep 2002 - Dec 2004
NJ Training School for Boys Jamesburg, NJ
● Collaborate with counselors to develop counseling programs that address the needs of individual students.
● Encourage residents to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, and help them develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
● Guide incarcerated clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
Associate of Science: Nursing Dec 2012
Ocean County College Toms River,
High School Diploma: College Prep Jun 1989
Orange High School Orange, NJ
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
Healthcare Provider CPR Certification
Professional Registered Nurse