Zain Zafar Khan
Norfolk, Virginia 23508
Objective: To utilize my technical skills and leadership experiences for achieving the very best solution.
Computer Science Department, Norfolk, VA
Consultant May 2017 – July 2017
• Troubleshooting computers, server maintenance, and managing computer supplies Education
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA August 2016-May 2020 Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
• ODU VEXU Robotics Team
o Director of Engineering (January 2017 – Present)
Delegated team responsibilities to meet competition deadlines.
Led the engineering team through competitions.
Managed designs and calculations in an engineering notebook. o CAD Lead (October 2016 – Present)
Developed new parts that increase efficiency and effectiveness of the robot.
• AutoCAD (Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor)
o Nine-Cylinder Radial Aircraft Engine
o ODU VEXU Robotics Team CAD Lead
• 3D Printing
o MakerBot Replicate+
o Stratasys uPrint SE Plus
• C++ Programming
o Created a script that when given forces with a distance, returned with unit vectors.
• West Point Bridge Design
• Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• NOCTI certified in Mechanical Drafting and Design (Spring 2014).
• Creating CAD models of ODU VEXU Robot, including creating new parts.
• Balsa Wood Tower (15 inches * 8 inches * 8 inches) did not break with 300+ pound load.
• First at York High to compete in semi-finals for West Point Bridge Design Competition.
• Competed in Team America Rocketry Challenge for 2 years.