Patty Chitawan Austin
256-***-**** email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Accomplished Process Improvement/ Quality Assurance program through Lean manufacturing project leader. Increase productivity, quality, and profitability through keen data analysis and process corrective action guaranteed with Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certificate.
Technical Engineer with +2 years of experience at automobile tire manufacturing company focusing on technical troubleshooting, coordinating diverse teams and advocating for customers. Performed 5S audit and ISO audit for the company.
Bilingual (English, Thai) writing and conversationally proficient with the ability to negotiate and operate in different cultures. Easily adapt to changing work dynamics and responsibilities.
Master’s degree Industrial & System Engineering
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Jan 2016 Dec 2017
Bachelor’s degree Chemical Engineering
Thammasat University Phratum Thani,Thailand
Jun 2008 Apr 2012
Computer Advanced: Microsoft office Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/ Outlook Basic: AutoCAD, Minitab, Simio Simulation
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
• 7 Wastes
Thai Indo Kordsa Co., Ltd (Kordsa Global).
Manufacturer of industrial automobile and aircraft tire reinforcement materials.
Ayutthaya, Thailand Started June 2012 End Dec 2013
• Maintained company’s largest customer contract (80% of total volume).
• Worked with multiple internal departments to organize assignments within the service workflow to handle technical issues in the chemical mixing process.
• Ensured compliance with customer specification for Twisting, Weaving, and Dipping Process of tire cord fabric.
• Performed laboratory testing of ongoing production products, as well as new development products.
• Monitored product qualities to ensure compliance with industry standards and specifications.
• Analyzed product failure data and laboratory test results to determine problem causes and developed solutions to apply changes within production time frame.
• Estimated production costs and prepared production progress reports.
• Work with customers through various communication channels to assist with technical aspects of business development.
Polaris Industries Inc.
Manufacturer of Off-Road or Power-Sport vehicles.
Lean Six Sigma Project Leader.
• Lead the Lean Six Sigma Project following DMAIC steps: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control phase.
• Applied Lean Six Sigma tools such as SIPOC Diagram, Gantt Chart, Process Flowchart, Pareto Chart, Fishbone Cause and Effect Diagram into the project.
• Closely observed operational procedures to identify the bottleneck in liquid paint production and use this to set up parameters for scientific analysis and data collection.
• Analyzed, Determined, and Proposed contamination solutions for the Liquid Paint department.
• Reduced contamination parts from 31.77% to 19.68% within project timeline.
• Recent quality improvement project has reduced number of defect per part (DPP) of 40.91%
GE Water & Process Technologies.
Petrochemical treatment and water treatment technologies service firm. Service Lab Technician Internship.
• Took samples to assess the amount and quality of the oil.
• Conducted quality control tests (Iron test, Chloride test, Salt in crude test, oil in water test, residual test).
• Wrote technical reports and prepared standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, or tests.
• Proposed remediation chemical treatments.