San Diego, CA k email@example.com
● Sharp, Top-Producing Software Engineer with exceptional abilities in the area of database, object-oriented, client-server, MVC, REST, SOAP, Spring and JEE.
● Experienced in Behavior driven development (BDD) and Test-driven development (TDD) approach using SCRUM framework under Agile Methodology.
● An accomplished professional with extensive experience in the full life-cycle of the software development process including technical documenting (functional requirements, detail design, test plans, and user manuals), prototyping, designing, implementation, code review, unit testing, installation packing, deploying, debugging, patching, merge and integration.
● Analytical thinker capable to capitalize on past experience to apply on projects as appropriate.
● Continuously driven to recognize any potential issue or defect before they arise and effectively provides solutions and recommendations.
● Proven abilities to build software for systems which are scalable and reliable for online application services, highly dependable and configurable of enterprise system, and mission critical real-time US NAVY communication systems for command and control. Technical Proficiencies:
● Technologies: Hibernate, MyBatis, Spring, JEE, EJB, JSP, JNI, Servlet, Swing, SOAP, UML, CORBA, SNMP, Motif, JSON, Rest, Swagger, Velocity Template, JPA, JUnit, JAXB, JMS, Visigenic ORB
● Tools: IntelliJ, Eclipse, XMLSPY, Visio, Javadoc, IIS, WebLogic, Websphere, Tomcat, JBoss, gdb, Visual Studio, Ant, Make, Splunk, curl, fiddler, JIRA
● Operating Systems: MS Windows, UNIX, Linux, and VxWorks
● Databases: Oracle, MS SQL, MS Access, JDBC, ODBC, Mongodb, NoSQL
● Build Tools: Git, GitFlow, GitLab, BitBucket, Maven, Ant, GitKraken, SVN, CVS, SCCS, RCS, Clearcase, and Visual SourceSafe, Teamcity
● Process: Agile, Scrum
Full Stack Java Engineer (2011 to present)
Generali US Branch (former name: CSA)
● A full stack Enterprise Software Engineer interact with various departments (claim, compliance, marketing, sales, customer service, accounting) to provide the overall system technical expertise and timeline estimation.
● Main designer on relational database tables that can support business rules and products grow with little or no code change.
● Main Java developer for multiple vendor integrations using SOAP, ftp, Rest, SDK.
● Provided assistance for all engineers/contractors on overall system knowledge including db tables,workflows, message queue, batch process, vendor integration, integrated test case development, components dependency, analyzed and defined specification for software update on new products implementation.
● Always the selected engineer by the IT VP to troubleshoot urgent issues.
● Research and present suitable technology to team for development use.
● Involved in setup and executed the continuous of software development integration, build, and test using Teamcity, GIT, Maven, SVN, GitLab, and BitBucket.
● Assisted project manager on gathering business use case requirements for new projects, identified software modules that need to be updated, and determination new modules are required.
Siemens PLM Software
● Played a leading role to initiate research, analysis, design, and develop specifications on new features of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) enterprise system, which includes functions of product document version control, document metadata search, simultaneous view/markup, and format conversion functions.
● Helped project manager to planned, assigned, scheduled tasks for team members on new feature development base on two release per year cycle.
● Acted as mentor for junior developers in guiding good practical programming concepts and other software development skills.
● Worked with support and sale representatives together interacting with customer to discuss defect issues and acquire enhancement requirements.
● Provided training to QA and support representatives on new functions including installation, configuration, maintenance, patch update, and usage.
● Provided, monitored and tracked defect fixes to ensure it gets integrate into the proper release code branch.
Elite IS (acquired by Thomson Corp)
● Selected by the CTO to perform technical research and initiate new development of Resource Management (RM) enterprise web application to serve work schedule tracking and staff skill attributes matching.
● Ported a graphical generated engine of Project Gantt Chart independently from EJB/Servlet/JSP to VB/COM/XSLT/XML/ASP for the RM project.
● Coordinated weekly code reviews with peers to ensure requirements were accomplished correctly.
System Software Engineer (1994 to 2000)
Logicon (acquired by Northrop Grumman)
● Lead in design and development of Java Applet/Swing for the User Interfaces of Element Management System (EMS), which provide US Navy sailor with remote capability to control and monitor various radio and switch equipments from any PC on board.
● Developed HTML user manual and trained US Navy Radioman on EMS usage, installation, maintenance, and configuration.
● Implemented a real time Ada module on VxWorks for the US Navy Communication Center that provide encrypted message header conversion in between the UHF satellite network and EHF radio network.
● Designed and developed the User Interfaces for the mission critical Integrated Network Management (INM) system using C/C++, SNMP, and Motif/XWindows. The INM is used on US Navy submarines, providing operator a central console to perform radio communication lines setup and a consolidated view of all the radios status.
B. S. in Computer Science, SDSU, San Diego, CA
US Citizen with granted Secret Clearance in 1994
References: available upon request