Carl T. White
Multi-disciplined Technology Professional
• Accomplished at partnership with both technical and non-technical organizations. Stakeholders/clients include: Field/Membership Representatives, Field Inventory Distribution Centers, Meter Engineering, and Statistical Research Team.
• Direct experience building distributed, mobile field force data collection tools, asset management tools, and other field applications supporting both domestic and international field workforce.
• Deep understanding of end to end software lifecycle including architecture/design, coding, QA/testing, implementation, installation, and support of developed software.
• Expert proficiency in development of application and stored procedures, website/web services, and native iOS and Blackberry mobile applications.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE CRITICAL STRENGTHS
2012- Present Verizon Data Services
Basking Ridge, NJ
Member Technical Staff - IV
• Telematics Vehicle and Device Tracking: Team designed and developed vehicle and device tracking for Verizon’s field force using Telematics data and custom tools. Written in Java and SQL. *Received 2 patents for design.
• Safety First: Native Android app that tracks whether device is exceed a certain speed and locks the device if doing so prevent use while driving. Written in Java.
• Local Manager Central (LMC): Part of the team that designed and developed custom tool for Verizon supervisors for technicians to have all the tools a supervisor would need while in the field. Main focus was on the ArcGis mapping module that shows all facilities and tracks both device and vehicles in near real time as well as their history.
• DevOps: Created numerous build scripts for full automation using ant for large web kits that deploy through red hat manger using Jenkins.
2005-2012 Nielsen Media Research
Senior Software Developer
• Lead developer for Membership Communication Tool (MCT): Independently designed and developed custom iPhone and Blackberry applications for membership reps to use in recruiting new Nielsen homes/families. Utilized custom web services for transfer between the iPhone and SQL server back end.
• Lead developer for Field Online Communication Update System
(FOCUS): Independently designed and developed a tool to collect all documentation for standard operating procedures from the field training Technical Problem Solving
IT Vision and Roadmap
Enterprise IT Architecture
TECHNOLOGY & TOOLS
+/C#, SQL, Objective-C,
Platforms: Android, Unix
Integrated Dev Environments
(IDE): Eclipse, Visual Studio,
Xcode, Oracle SQL Developer,
SQL server Enterprise Manager.
DevOps: Jenkins, ant
Patent No.: US 9,228,843 B2 Jan
2016 – SYSTEM AND METHOD
FOR PROVIDING A DYNAMIC
school. Provides real time data transfer to update field rep laptop so that current data is always available on demand whether online or offline. Tool selects and displays content based on rep’s unique job title. Written in C# with SQL server backend.
• Lead developer for Global Asset Management System (AMS): Enhanced and extended functionality of existing asset management system to manage global assets in 80 different countries.
• Lead User Interface (GUI) developer for Spec Management Tool (SMT): Developed custom application for ensuring sample population matches market demographics. System applies simulations to determine if a set of potential homes meets qualifying demographics to be approached for Nielsen membership. Application also assigns service request for qualifying homes to the appropriate membership rep.
• Worked with vendor to integrate SAGE third party software into current Asset Management System for ordering and purchasing metering components. System automatically replenishes inventory based on field rep inventory thresholds.
Patent No: US 9,467,825 B2 Oct
2016 – ALERTS BASED ON
VEHICLE AND DEVICE
Southeastern Louisiana University,
Hammond, LA, 1994
• Bachelor of Science in Computer
• Minor in Mathematics
U.S. Army National Guard
Military Police Corp
1998-2005 Nielsen Media Research
Software Developer II
• Developer for Mobile Time Track (MTT): Independently designed and developed all web services to consume data for third party applications running on the Blackberry. Application collects time and mileage reports for field representatives. Also developed SQL server application to send time reporting data to payroll systems.
• Lead developer for Metering Solutions Center (MSC): Designed, developed, and implemented tool for field technical support. Tool is used for tracking all metering solutions for all consumer electronics (i.e. TV, VCR, DVR, DVD, BluRay, Xbox, Playstation, etc.). Also used as a communication tool between field support and the field rep to ensure proper metering solutions, metering tools, and on-boarding of new devices.
• Lead developer for Asset Management System (AMS): Designed, developed, and implemented inventory tracking system for capital assets used in metering homes. Assets are tracked from field distribution center to field rep’s location to membership home and back to the distribution center for repair (if necessary). Written in C# on MC55 scanner with Windows Mobile.
1994-1998 Stoltz Enterprises Inc.
New Orleans, LA
• Developer for the Food/6000 application which includes Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory Management, Order Entry, and General Ledger. Written in UBL and C on AIX.