*** ******** ** *********, **** 144, Atlanta, GA 30331
To obtain a full time and permanent position in which my customer and patient service skills can be used to sustain and increase positive expectations.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
● Certified as a Medical Administrative Specialist (CMAS certificate.)
● Implement the importance of fluency in medical terminology.
● Comprehend corporate and medical office policies and procedures.
● Familiar with ICD-9 & CPT Codes.
● Implement the use of EMR & EHR.
● Capable of paying high attention to detail.
● Comfortable with working in a fast paced environment.
● Implement the importance of HIPPA, PHI & PII.
● Familiar with high call volumes.
● Comfortable with navigating in and out of system's. ACHIEVEMENTS
Telephone Etiquette, Communication skills, Mathematical skills, Organization skills, Data Entry skills, Computer and Equipment skills, Interpersonal skills, and Email correspondence skills. In addition to the following skills: Front Desk procedures, Scheduling, Records and database management, Billing, Insurance, and Medical terminology.
Microsoft Office Suite 2007 & 2010 (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and Power Point.) Input technology keyboarding skills (55 wpm), voice recognition software, and various scanning devices. Proficient in medical software (Medisoft) as well as Orthodontic Software (Advanced Ortho System.) Moreover, I’m also proficient in software's such as, Citrix, Taleo, SharePoint, Business Blocks, CPR+, Salesforce, and PBM+ EDUCATION
West Side Technical Institute. Winter Garden, FL
Certification of completion for Medical Administrative Specialist Program. November, 2012
Sheeler High School. Apopka, FL
High School Diploma.
Accounts Receivable Representative for Duke Energy Utility November 2017 - February 2018
275 West Ponkan Rd Apopka, FL 32703
● Assisted with Hurricane Irma invoices from out of state contracted electricians.
● Heavy communication with vendors for undestanding & accuracy.
● Audited contracts, rate sheets, timesheets, meal receipts, and hotel receipts.
● Made sure our department had all necessary documents, and requested additional documentation.
● Sorted incomplete contracts until further documents were received.
● Eagle eye for any errors, and contacted appropriate Representative for corrections.
● Compaired billed amount to audit amount. Input audited data into Excel sheets, Made note of any differential amounts and an explanation.
● Thoroughly reviewed Excel sheet before sending it to Reviewer's.
● Uploaded Excel sheet to Sharepoint, Sent Excel sheet to Reviewer's for payment.
● Sent appropriate payment amount to contractors.
Pharmacy Billing Coordinator for Advanced Care Scripts Specialty Pharmacy Call Center November 2016 – October 2017
6251 Chancellor Drive Suite 101 Orlando, FL 32809
● Financially assisted Multiple Sclerosis patients with purchasing medication.
● Explained the third party copay program and billing process to patients and medical center representatives.
● Assisted with copay assistance program for Biogen manufacture.
● Answered inbound calls from either the patient, pharmacy, or a Biogen representative.
● Made outbound calls to the patient, pharmacy, hospital, medical center, or a Biogen representative.
● Reviewed detailed notes on patient's account in CPR+. Followed up with patients, pharmacies, hospitals, and care centers if necessary.
● Updated patient’s account with notes, demographics, change of medical facility, change of pharmacy, insurance, Medication, and program start or end date.
● Enrolled and Withdrawn patients from copay assistance program.
● Generated program approval, denial and withdrawal letters as well as other correspondence.
● Created Virtual Credit Card Numbers for pharmacies, and medical centers.
● Reviewed sent and posted payments on patient's account.
● Placed Payment Authorizations and overrides on rejected claims.
● Paid patient bills via medical facility's phone operation, website, and, fax.
● Posted charged payments to patients account.
● Explained reimbursement process to patients and pharmacies if necessary.
● Requested, Reviewed and Examined Explanation Of Benefits, Itemized bills, and claim forms to determine patient responsibility.
Junior Recruiter at Apex Systems for OptumRX Healthcare Call Center. May 2016 – November 2016
600 Ecommerce Pl Orlando, FL 32818
● Made cold outbound calls to applicants, and answered inbound calls from applicants.
● Reviewed applicant’s resume qualifications, and Prescreened applicants.
● Explained the position or program details.
● Sent emails to candidates, and Scheduled phone interviews.
● Verified eligibility to work for the company.
● Followed up with candidates regarding application or hiring status.
● Explained the hiring process to candidates, and changed the Step/Status for hiring process purposes.
● Linked applicants to the appropriate training class requisition, and Attached prescreen sheet to the applicant profile.
● Sent incomplete application and assessment reminders. S ent reminders to complete digital interview.
● Started the hiring process, and Sent out digital interview instructions.
● Inputted class training details within the system, P repared roster for training classes.
● Updated the system with rejected, withdrawal or terminated candidates. Information Specialist at Convergys Call Center
January, 2015 – November, 2015
2255 International Parkway, Lake Mary, FL 32746
● Answered inbound calls for several clients such as, USA.gov, Export Import Bank, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and BusinessUSA.gov.
● Used the appropriate greeting and closing for each client call.
● Informed the individual about the appropriate Department or Agency to contact.
● Informed the individual about the appropriate documentation needed in regards to their situation.
● Contacted a higher subject matter if necessary.
● Transferred call to a higher subject matter.
● Made sure each case is closed and completed.
● Answered chat in the appropriate time manner. Managed up to three chat sessions at a time.
● Replied to postal mail in the appropriate manner, and Inserted label on envelopes for postal mail.
● Folded letters and inserted letters in the envelope, and Delivered letters to the mailroom.
● Replied to emails in the appropriate time manner, and Forwarded emails to the higher subject matter.
Disconnect Specialist at Windstream Telecommunications. May, 2014 – September, 2014
2301 Lucien Way, Maitland, FL 32751
● Verified customer’s personal information as well as their account information.
● Created disconnect templates for orders in Rio/iCare, and M6.
● Adequately researched customers account information.
● Navigated in and out of various systems to access necessary information regarding the customer and their account for example, Golden6, M6, Mirror, and MSS.
● Used Various links to access customer's account history for example, Neustar/Port PS,Verizon CSG,Verizon wholesale, and AT&T access
● Completed necessary job steps for Facility Port Out orders.
● Input required data on a disconnect template.
● Sent disconnect templates to appropriate destinations.
● Posted, Deleted and created special number record for miror orders.
● Escalated orders.
● Noted orders, and closed or completed out necessary tasks.
● Posted orders, Deleted orders, and created special number records in Miror. Front Desk Receptionist at Central Florida Orthodontics. February, 2013 – May, 2013
7260 West Colonial Dr. Orlando, FL 32818
● Greeted patients.
● Introduced new patients to the Doctor.
● Answered and transferred calls, managed 4 lines.
● Checked patient's out and scheduled follow up appointment.
● Scheduled, and Canceled appointments, and Pulled Charts.
● Verified patient's insurance coverage.
● Created new patient packets.
● Gathered consultation paperwork.
● Reviewed new patient's forms, and made sure everything was filled out.
● Created new patient's account.
● Updated existing patient's demographics.
● Created new patient files and purged files.
● Filed patient treatment plans & additional forms.
● Accepted patient's Debit, Credit, or Cash payments.
● Posted payments on patient's account.
● Use of copy, fax, and scanner.