WILLIAM C ASH JR
A seasoned Command Center professional, detail-oriented with extensive experience in telecommunications, retail and customer service. Experienced in highly technical network and user support, troubleshooting, software and hardware analysis. Detail-oriented Command Center Operator who is flexible, reliable and adaptable to dynamic environments. Skills
Customer Service Expert
Analytical & Critical
HTML, HTTP and IP Skilled
in TCP/IP and WAN
Microsoft Certified Professional
MVS Mainframes, Windows, MS Office 2003, 2005, MS
CA-7,CA-1, CA-11, CICS, DB2, Net, Hummingbird,
Control -M, Commvault, Sitescope, UHD 5.5
Storage & Business Line Applications
BMC Remedy Ticketing System
VPN, TCPIP, Citrix, Paradigm, R11, File Express, TNG, Z/OS, 0S390, Omegaview, Omegamonm, Solarwinds,
Event Manager, Roscoe, Jes2, Jes3, IMS, SDSF, View & Deliver, $AVERS, NCCF, PUTTY, VTAM, AUTOSYS,
ITSM, SharePoint, Windows Server 2008, 2012, Outlook. Work History _
Command Center Operator
Exxon Mobil – 2993 Irving Blvd.
Installed software, modified and repaired
hardware and resolved technical issues.
Provided base level IT support to
non-technical personnel within the
business. Managed call flow and
responded to technical support needs of
Evaluated and responded to incoming sales leads and requests for technical support assistance. Resolved customer issues in a clear, courteous and
and courtesy with customers at
all times. Identified and solved
technical issues with a variety
of diagnostic tools.
Experienced in rebooting, pinging servers and
performing critical Health checks via Putty.
Monitored Network routers and switches via VPO
Managed calls with Telco providers to resolve circuit drops and update outstanding tickets.
Effective in resetting SAP passwords using Atomic
One and SAP GUI interface.
05/2014 to Current
Routinely coordinated and scheduled appointments for Vendor Technicians performing maintenance and hardware issues. Followed up with clients to ensure optimal customer satisfaction. Researched, troubleshot and resolved complex problems independently. Worked closely with team members to meet or exceed all customer service requirements. Answered telephone calls promptly and minimized delays that could lead to abandoned calls. Used ticketing systems to manage and process actions taken. Provided on-call support for critical issues.
Technical Support Level 1
Digital Generation – 750 W. John Carpenter Fwy ste 700 Irving, Texas 75038
Provided Technical Support for broadcast facility
LAN's at major stations via phone, email, and remote systems. Ensured connectivity and interoperability of DVB-S Receivers, Automation systems, Edge Servers, Dubbing stations, and On air Video Servers.
Served as subject matter expert for proprietary software in regards to operation as well as database integrity. Monitored internal Production systems to ensure network availability of main transport, routers, firewalls, DMZ, and VPN servers
Effectively documented any
alarms, alerts, and escalated to
proper personnel according to
SOP. Ensure that major issues and
outages were escalated, followed
up on and resolved.
Daily monitored the NOC for backend traffic and verify performance of footprints to meet SLA for TV stations. Routinely created trouble tickets, took ownership and performed remote maintenance or worked with station engineers until resolved.
Routinely work with a team of agents to implement projects to deploy upgrade equipment, applications and software. Senior Network Control Operations
0 2/2005 to 11/2010
Fujitsu America Inc – Dallas Texas
● Provided support between the client, 2nd level Operations and application support.
● Facilitated high priority and critical issues between Operations and third level support including establishing bridge calls, management notifications, documentation of crisis and escalation to third party vendors as needed.
● Performed other duties including daily turnover, verifying and updating operational documentations using SharePoint.
● Monitored batch cycles to ensure online up 99% on time.
● Monitored file transfers to ensure files were transmitted successfully with no SLA infractions.
● Performed recovery for all failed batch jobs via ProdOps.
● Monitored Application, Server and Network Device uptime
● Performed connectivity, application and hardware troubleshooting
● Provided Mainframe, UNIX and Windows support
● Cross-trained on multiple positions including MVS Console Operations, Distributive Operations and Service Desk Lead Operator
10/1997 to 02/2005
Alliance Data – Dallas Texas
● Joined Alliance Data as a Lead MVS Console Operator monitoring the MVS mainframe and mainframe software such as CICIS, IMS, DB2, TMS,JES2, and OS\MVS on day shift for 5 years before joining a Situation Desk
● Lead focusing on high priority issues providing operational support and contact between the client and technical support.
● Continued the responsibilities of a Situation Desk then transitioned into the role of Senior Production Control Analyst in Operations until 07\09.
● Responsible for providing backup support for Production Control, Console and Distributive Operations, plus Service Desk after hours
12/2011 to 02/2014
Lead Operator/Network Technician 09/1995 to 10/1997 Central @ Southwest Services – Dallas, Texas
● Provided Day and Night Shift as Lead Computer Operator in a multi- client MVS mainframe environment. Monitored nightly production batch completed in a timely manner to ensure client on line production systems were up on time.
● Duties included monitoring mainframe operating systems, batch processing, network availability and hardware systems.
● Maintained operational process documentation
University of Texas at El Paso - El Paso, Texas 1978- 1978-1980